The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any Faderport or Alphatrack users here ? Control Surfaces
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Any Faderport or Alphatrack users here ?

I'm thinking of getting one of these products to work with Logic 9 but wondered if anyone can tell me if they're any good. I'd also like to know if the fader on either of these units can be set up to send CC11 Expression data ?

Beer.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermaster View Post
I'm thinking of getting one of these products to work with Logic 9 but wondered if anyone can tell me if they're any good. I'd also like to know if the fader on either of these units can be set up to send CC11 Expression data ?

Beer.
faderport works great with logic 9 here
and not so great with pro tools 9

can't help you with cc11 question (although given how flexible logic i'm sure there would be a way)
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

The Faderport is very nice to use; the fader action is smooth and gets better with use, and the whole unit feels like it will last ages
Cheers
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
I bought a Faderport three years ago. The driver didn't work with Vista x64, and for that reason I replaced it with an Alphatrack. The Vista x64 driver was excellent and then when Win7 came along they were quick to update their driver. As far as I know, the Faderport didn't get any new drivers over the last three years, so even if you use a mac, there's no guarantee the driver will work.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

+1 Alphatrack w/ Logic 9

I think it's perfect.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search