The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools Certification: Where? DAW Software
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Pro Tools Certification: Where?

I've been a professional, semi-professional musician for 25 years. I've had a Pro Tools (002R/G5) rig which I've used sporadically over the years with a bunch of half-finished recordings to show for it. I have access to amazing musicians, great ideas and great songs but my Pro Tools knowledge and abilities stifle me. Recently I thought maybe I should take a Pro Tools class and become certified. I figured it would GREATLY increase my confidence, knowledge and workflow and in-turn, coupled with my innate musicality and good taste would open me up to some promising opportunities.

To be honest I worried that taking a class would be kind of hokey, I'm from the school of putting your time in, trudging it out in the real world and building from there but I'm 45 and my lifestyle doesn't allow me to spend 12 hours shadowing someone in the studio. One of my best friends won a Grammy last year for engineering the best R&B album and I asked him what he thought about it. He knows my deal, I'm a 'veteran' as a musician but I don't have the Pro Tools skills. He thought it was a great idea and something that would be hugely beneficial to someone like me.

So my question is, where do I start? I'm in Philly. Thanks guys.
Old 12th September 2011
School has been a tremendous addition to my real-world endeavors. It has made my recordings/playing/computer skills that much better.

My CC in LBC offers PT training. Check the Avid site for their official training locations as not every place that offers PT training is certified by Avid.

Many community colleges offer the courses, but Avid is your most official source.

Cheers!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search