The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Seriously need help please!!! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

Seriously need help please!!!

Hi, I am having some issues with Logic pro 9 and would really appreciate some help........ Ok so I have had LP9 for about a year and everything has been working perfectly, However the last couple of days a few of my soft synths will not play sound when i play my midi keyboard. Its not all of my soft synths just a few and they were working fine before?!?!?!.... If I hit caps lock and use my apple keyboard to control them they work fine also if i use the mouse to trigger them the sound comes out. When i hit the keys on my midi keyboard the synths register a midi signal but they don't produce any sound.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jeps
Old 10th September 2011
Have hit an octave shift button on your keyboard?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

I have tried everything I can think of mate...... like I said the synths work fine with the mouse and my apple keyboard just my midi keyboard which doesn't trigger them.

Sent from my X10i using Gearslutz.com App
Old 10th September 2011

You're on the correct midi channel for each? Or some are on omni, and others aren't?

Matt
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

I have kontakt 4 set to omni as it had the same problem. Switching to omni fixed it. How would I change for example korg m1 to omni????

Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

There's a free app called midi monitor. It will show you what's coming out of the keyboard. Also use Audio Midi setup in test mode and make sure your keyboard is working.
In the inst parameters try all the different channels to see if one works.
Old 10th September 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepadee View Post
I have kontakt 4 set to omni as it had the same problem. Switching to omni fixed it. How would I change for example korg m1 to omni????

You just need to set the midi channel for each instrument in logic to the same as your controller keyboard. I think. I'm not a midi expert, I just fiddle till it works..

Matt
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanx for all your quick responses guys. I will have a play with it tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Old 10th September 2011
Gear Guru

maybe you sent them a midi volume CTRL 7 or a midi expression CTRL 11 at zero ? and they are still registering that.
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

Ok guys so I have tried everything and still no luck. Thanks for your replies. Do you think if I un-install and re -install the affected audio units my problem will be resolved???

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search