The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Making Maschine Midi Templates & BFD2/BFD Eco Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear
Making Maschine Midi Templates & BFD2/BFD Eco

Does anyone know if there's a way to copy/drag or otherwise drag and replace midi assignments for Maschine midi templates in the controller editor?

I'm in the process of making a template for BFD Eco and it would be nice if I could just map all the keys/articulations, then rearrange them more easily than manual reassignment.

I was thinking of something quick and easy like highlight a pad, drag it to another pad and the assignments switch locations. Similar to GA1 in Cubase or battery. I'd settle for clicking on a copy/paste command for single pads, not whole pages.

Don't see anything like that in the manual, but perhaps someone knows for sure whether or not this is possible?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a BFD drum key template for Maschine? Looking online and I don't see much which is kind of surprising, actually.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear
Maybe no one is using Maschine as a midi controller for other drum software?

In any case, spent some time last night mapping out the different articulations to the pads. Wasn't hard, just unnecessarily time consuming.
Old 11th September 2011
Old 31st December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklion View Post
Maybe no one is using Maschine as a midi controller for other drum software?

In any case, spent some time last night mapping out the different articulations to the pads. Wasn't hard, just unnecessarily time consuming.
I'm sure it was time consuming for sure. Care to share? Not sure of what you did would work for BFD2 as that's what I use in Pro Tools.

How do you like the Maschine for controlling BFD2? I'm still trying to figure out how to actually loop record in BFD2, so that I can play kick and snare and then add HH and other things. I'm not great on using a controller, not much time with it.
Old 31st December 2011
Lives for gear
I just did each one manually. In the BFD eco midi pane, you can view which articulations are assigned to each note. Just have both open and program accordingly. I assume BFD2 would be the same. Not sure if any controller editor update has allowed an easier way.

Alternately, I believe that you can remap BFD to settings for other drum software like toontrack stuff which the maschine controller editor has a map for already. Just pick a mapping in BFD2 and switch the controller editor to the matching map and save under "BFD-Toontrack" or something like that.

Perhaps there's a BFD2 controller map floating around somewhere.

I do all my recording through the DAW so I wouldn't be able to help with loop recording within BFD.
Old 28th April 2012
Here for the gear

BFD2 Template for Maschine - Download here

Hi, I created a simple 'drummer perspective template' for Maschine - it is good for getting the groove down quickly. I will most likely use V - Drums to get the rolls and articulations inside the BFD2 engine etc as this is too tricky with something like Maschine.

Download

Regards

Jocepos
Divide To Infinity | Genremorphic, biosensory computational live music and performance art
Old 30th April 2012
dont know if im putting this in the right place not really sure where to ask on this site. I am running maschine inside of protools and am also trying to use midi mode (****+control midi) on the controller to toggle between settings. i understand that i need to program the controller to a new template but, I cant find any you tube videos or tutorials or websites anywhere explaining how to map even the most simple feature such as play or record enable. If someone has a premade template for the maschine controller that works with protools, it would be much appreciated. Ive been searching various blogs and websites trying to figure this out and all i have is a headache now. love machine and protools but this entire thing is stressing me out. I'm assuming this has to work because ableton can use the pads to switch between patters/phrases. I wish i knew how to map each individual command to each button. I think ive repeated myself several times here, enough of me ranting, HELP!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search