The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help troubleshooting a routing issue with Logic and Saffire Pro 14 Audio Interfaces
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

Help troubleshooting a routing issue with Logic and Saffire Pro 14

Hi all,

I'm having a real confusing issue with routing a signal to an external line-level effect using my Saffire Pro 14 interface.

In short, I'm trying to send my guitar signal out of an auxiliary into a delay unit and then a stereo return into line inputs 3&4.

I've no idea why, but there appears to be no signal sent to the delay unit, as I'm monitoring the return levels in both the Saffire Mix Control and Logic, but there is nothing on the meters at all. I've chosen DAW3 as an output on the Bus Send and using Mix Control I should be able to tell what physical output that goes to, but as you can see from the screenshot, there is nothing coming back on inputs 3&4.

I know the delay unit is working, because the Saffire duplicates Line Outputs 3&4 to the headphones, which are also receiving DAW1&2, and when I sent to the delay using either of those outputs it began to feedback.

Does this make sense to anyone? I'm really scratching my head. :(

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Attached Images
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search