The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME Total Mix - CuBase 5
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

RME Total Mix - CuBase 5

Hello everyone!!!
Last 5 days i have spent trying to do submix trough RMEs Totalmix and CuBase 5. On google and other forums i found something but nothing form this isnt a soulution as i'm searching for.
So, i think the story is like this. RME Fireface 400 should have a digital mixer inside, with 18 tracks, so what i would like to do is to create 9 stereo groups in CuBase and send them to these 18 mono tracks in Totalmix and record all as a final render.

So anybody know a solution???

p.s. i know this is possible coz i did it raelly easy from Ableton live.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

I don't understand exactly what you 're trying to do, but try setting up carefully your VST connections panel in Cubase. Then it's all about messing around with inputs and outputs in your tracks.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Try setting up duplicate stereo outputs in the Cubase VST ouput. Example: You can have "output 1" as mono, "output 2" as mono, and also designate both output 1 + 2 as a stereo output as well. Then you should be able to select the stereo output and have it work. Just make sure that you deactivate the ones that you are not using to keep processing power at a minimum. That has always worked for me and I am also using Toatalmix and Cubase 5. Good luck.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search