The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Windows 7 Pro Tools LE 8 violent crash Audio Interfaces
Old 9th September 2011
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
Ash Taylor's Avatar
Windows 7 Pro Tools LE 8 violent crash

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody can help. I would imagine anybody running Windows 7 with Pro Tools LE8 will have experienced this problem as I have now started getting the same issue on my Windows laptop as well as my studio computer.

Pro Tools is crashing and not letting me save giving me the error message:

Could not Quite because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x112E7834 at address: 0x77DD3232 in module: ntdll.dll

Its probably yet another update or one of those Microsoft C++ 2005 things or a permissions thing.

Any help would be grand!
Old 9th September 2011
  #2
Gear Head
 
ONELOUDPRODUCTIO's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Taylor View Post
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody can help. I would imagine anybody running Windows 7 with Pro Tools LE8 will have experienced this problem as I have now started getting the same issue on my Windows laptop as well as my studio computer.

Pro Tools is crashing and not letting me save giving me the error message:

Could not Quite because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x112E7834 at address: 0x77DD3232 in module: ntdll.dll

Its probably yet another update or one of those Microsoft C++ 2005 things or a permissions thing.

Any help would be grand!
32bit or 64bit ??


Sent from my Vortex using Gearslutz.com App
Old 9th September 2011
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
Ash Taylor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONELOUDPRODUCTIO View Post
32bit or 64bit ??


Sent from my Vortex using Gearslutz.com App

64 bit.
Old 9th September 2011
  #4
Gear Head
 
ONELOUDPRODUCTIO's Avatar
 

What interface? And are you using the 64bit beta digi drivers? You might want to search the avid knowledge base because if i remember correctly there was a cs update that caused a problem with the 64bit drivers but i could be wrong.

Sent from my Vortex using Gearslutz.com App
Old 9th September 2011
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
Ash Taylor's Avatar
It happens on my mbox mini and my digi 003. Unsure of drivers but thankyou very much for the help so far.
Old 9th September 2011
  #6
Gear Head
 
ONELOUDPRODUCTIO's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Taylor View Post
It happens on my mbox mini and my digi 003. Unsure of drivers but thankyou very much for the help so far.
No problem. I would definitely check your drivers. You might have to uninstall your current drivers and reinstall the 64bit beta drivers. Let me know if this solves your problem



Sent from my Vortex using Gearslutz.com App
Old 9th September 2011
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
Ash Taylor's Avatar
It looks like there is a PT8 8.0.5 update out which I wasn't aware of. Looking at that it says:

"Windows 7 is officially supported with Pro Tools LE and M-Powered 8.0.4 and higher, Pro Tools SE 8.0.3, and Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.3"

So I wont download those beta drivers, just download 8.0.5 and see how I get on!

Thanks man
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump