The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sending a Pro Tools Document - Some Doubts DAW Software
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Sending a Pro Tools Document - Some Doubts

Hello guys, it's not so long that I work with pro tools and I need your help. I must send a pro tools document to Canada for a voice recording. The sound engineer wrote me:

May I have the 3 songs delivered as follows:
ProTools session with all tempo maps and cues, containing stems of the following:
drums/percussion
bass
guitars
keys
reference vocals or other vocals

It's all clear but I don't understand what he means for "CUES". Does he refer to the songs metric or something related to the monitoring?

Thank you very much
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyne_Engine View Post
Hello guys, it's not so long that I work with pro tools and I need your help. I must send a pro tools document to Canada for a voice recording. The sound engineer wrote me:

May I have the 3 songs delivered as follows:
ProTools session with all tempo maps and cues, containing stems of the following:
drums/percussion
bass
guitars
keys
reference vocals or other vocals

It's all clear but I don't understand what he means for "CUES". Does he refer to the songs metric or something related to the monitoring?

Thank you very much
Ask him! I'd interpret it as markers for verse/chorus etc, this is what "cues" means in SSL speak...but he might mean something different. Just clarify it - I'm sure he won't bite! most people would be glad you clarified it!
Old 10th September 2011
"Cues" == "Markers"

Curiously .. you would think a Protools engineer would know a session file contains them
(along with whatever "ruler" events are present in the session).

One thing to be very careful of when you send it to them is to do a "File->Save Copy In"
to a new folder and make sure that you check "Copy Audio"

That makes sure that everything is in one self-contained folder.

jeff
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search