The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD-2 Duo and Windows 7 "Home" Other Controllers
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

UAD-2 Duo and Windows 7 "Home"

Whats up Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here had issues with running the UAD-2 DUO with Windows 7 Home addition?...

I just got my UAD card yesterday and I cant get this thing working on my PC...

I talked to the tec guys at UAD 4 times and by the last call with them they kind of just told me "Sorry Dude we Have other things to do Here" LOL...

after the tec guys told me to get lost I figured Im not giving up that easy and so I went to my brothers house with my PC to see if he mite be able help me figure out the issue...

after 8 hours all together trying to figure out what the heck is going on with the PC and Updating BIOs and uninstalling and re-installing and so on... Me and my Bro said screw it and took the card out for the 7 time and tried it on one of his PCs and boom it worked right away...
He PC has a different motherboard and his windows 7 is not the Home Edition...
I went to UADs website and there aint much info there about these type of issue (at least from what I can find)... so I figured Id ask some of you guys here....

Thanks Guys.....
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

I have two UAD-2 solo cards in my PC. A couple of months ago my primary HDD failed. I was running a dual boot configuration, with Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate (web surfing, etc.) and Windows XP SP3 (all my audio software). I decided, to save some money and time, I'd just use Vista alone this time. SO installed Vista and upgraded everything, including my mobo's BIOS, to the latest and greatest.

After a week or two to get all my audio software installed, I went to open an old project in Cubase 4.5.2. I had a BSOD in a matter of seconds. Over the course of troubleshooting, I discovered the problem was with the UAD-2 plug-ins - opening more than a couple of instances of any plug-in caused severe instability, with the UAD Control Panel showing wild fluctuations in processing load and memory, soon followed by a BSOD.

It did the same thing in Kore 2 - in Ableton and Reaper as well. Nothing else had to be running in the DAW, just two or more UAD-2 plug-ins in any DAW would cause a BSOD.

I tried numerous different troubleshooting ideas - nothing worked.

Then I thought I'd try Windows 7 - same thing - absolutely identical failures.

I went back to Win XP SP3 - no more BSOD - the UAD-2 plug-ins are perfectly stable now.

So, obviously something was incompatible with something - but what? Too many variables to tell.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Oh, and the mobo is an Intel DP35DP with whatever the latest BIOS is from Intel for it at this time.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

the motherboard is the issue NOT win7 home they work perfectly fine with home.
the guys over at UA should have asked you right off what board. that board is known to have issues with PCI and PCIe cards and the majority of the bios versions for it.

i think ( not positive) the latest bios will work so flash your bios.

we used that board yrs ago and for the first 6-8 months it worked prefectly fine with mulitple cards in it. then they changed the bios and nothing worked in it. took a yr (and about 10 bios) to fix. by then we were long past using it..

Scott
ADK
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

come to find out that it is the mobo in my PC.... I talked to the tec 4 times yesterday and not once did he mention my mobo, maybe UAD should let people know this before someone like me drops $1000 for there cards... now I have no choice but to build a new PC witch was not in my plans at all...

If I know this in the 1st place I would of never bought there card that I cant return because of the online store policies ... I would of just got a new cool channel strip lol... ...

Anyway, I guess the rebuild of my PC will drop me $400 more... BLA!!!!!!

I just want everyone to know to be careful before buying anything from UAD, make sure there card works with your PC "Motherboard" because they will not tell you this...

Thanks for reading my Vent Guys LOL

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search