The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx lt-USB a quick word. DAW Software
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Lynx lt-USB a quick word.

One day in:

Installation was simple, and after loading the Aurora Remote Control software I was up and running in about fifteen minutes.

I work with pro tools 9, and on occasion I use reaper. After setting up a new I/O map in pt9 I was ready to start my session.

I was able to run a live session with 16 channels at 96k with only a 32sample buffer setting.

I tracked for a full 8 hour day, often punching all 16 tracks to clean up the songs ends. Not one hiccup, not one dae error.

I am running an i3 iMac quad core with 12 gb ram on 10.6.8 and pro tools 9.0.5

I was shocked by how well this performs, and of course how clear it sounds.

I honestly couldn't be happier. Hope this is of help to some of you.

I'd be glad to answer questions or try scenarios out for people if you would like.
Old 8th September 2011
Yup. Lynx really nailed it with the LT-USB. I was pretty surprised when I got to see it in action as I was a bit hesitant when they announced it. Forget the LT-FW and just go straight for the LT-USB. It's also less expensive than FW.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

The remote control software crashed a few times during today's session, which was anmoying, but I was overdubbing today, and wasn't using it much. Gotta see if there is an update I am missing.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

I ordered one to do some mobile recording, had first session today. Tracked 12 channels of drums at 96k on a first generation unibody 2.4. No problems at all, smooth, problem free session. The only odd thing is that it only shows 14 inputs/outputs, not sure what that's about?

Great option, time to sell the MR816
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks for this thread. I'm thinking of going this route for mixing at home (Laptop, PT9, LT_USB, Aurora 16 into summing box). So does the Aurora mixer software have to run in the background? And you're able to play 16 outputs and overdub with no problems? Sounds like the way to go until they come out with LT-THB (Thunderbolt!)
Old 4th October 2011
Here for the gear

Hey MickeyMassacre,
I got my lynx8 with LT-usb today.
The basic setup was simple and the sound is great, the problem I have is that I have 2 x delta1010's that I want to use along with the lynx so I have 24 outs...
I have cubase and I'm battling to set it up as it makes me chose asio driver and if I choose the lynx then the delta's dont work (and vice versa)

Any ideas? Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search