The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Am I an idiot? Other Controllers
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Am I an idiot?

I guess it's "cool" to complain about NI customer service. But I'm going to hold off on that. However, I'm having a really hard time even getting my software to download. They sent me an e-mail supposedly containing a download link. No Link. They said the link would also be in my account area of the website. No link. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone else gone through this before? Thanks for any help you can give.

Nate
Old 8th September 2011
Usually you can download everything using their control center (updates).
If you download that from their site, log in with control center, it checks your installed products, you can unlock them and load updates if available.

Does that help?
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that does not help. I have the control center. It does not show anything in it. I can't even find a download link to get the software onto my computer. If I don't hear back from them via e-mail today I'll call. Worst case scenario I cancell the downlaod and have them send me a DVD. It's just frustrating.

Thanks again for the response.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Am I an idiot?
No. Real idiots never ask themselves that question.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

It can take a while for them to send stuff out.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Make sure you check your spam folder in whatever email client or service you use. The payment confirmation message comes from the NI shop (and possibly from a payment service as well depending on what you use), so the download link may come separately.

Also if you've already setup your NI account (or have one already as it seems you have Service Center so may have other NI apps) then in most cases the download link won't appear there until you've registered a serial number. Unfortunately what does appear under your account can vary depending on the product you've ordered too, some soundpacks will show a serial for me but I only get the download link in the email. The Finger, Razor and a few other Reaktor devices are also time-expiry style download links and I don't think they show up under my account until there's been an update released.

Other products (like the stuff that is rolled into Komplete) is always downloadable from my account once registered.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Done.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

He hasn't mentioned what product he purchased...

Kore packs & Reaktor devices that are bundled with the Kore Player (I mentioned Finger & Razor) don't show up in update center unless there's actually an update.

Knowing what he's trying to get would help give more specific info in return
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Sorry. I bought Komplete Elements. I ended up getting an e-mail from them saying that they just recently launched their new shop and were watching for problems like this. They asked me send a screen-shot of the e-mail I got so they could try to fix it. That was a little over 24 hours ago. I haven't heard back since. We'll see. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Resolution!

They e-mailed me back and gave me . . . . my serial number again! Gee thanks. I gave up on using e-mail, so I called the US number and spoke with Geo. He e-mailed me the link. Before I could finish a cigarette I had comleted the phone call and received an e-mail with the link.

so, lesson learned...call them. If you do call them try to talk with Geo, he was quick and very polite.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
No. Real idiots never ask themselves that question.
Of course, you may be an idiot, but that doesn't men that NI aren't idiots as well.

Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_dennis View Post
Resolution!

They e-mailed me back and gave me . . . . my serial number again! Gee thanks. I gave up on using e-mail, so I called the US number and spoke with Geo. He e-mailed me the link. Before I could finish a cigarette I had comleted the phone call and received an e-mail with the link.

so, lesson learned...call them. If you do call them try to talk with Geo, he was quick and very polite.
+1 agree
Glad you found resolution:
I have had great support & customer service when I have contacted NI via phone.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

So, it's never easy!!! I understand that things change and technology moves .... but if you're going to roll out a new product with new specs you should maybe say something about it????

Komplete Elements is no longer Komplete Elements. It's Komplete Elements Mk2. It will not run on XP or Vista. The ****ty thing is; I did my research a few weeks ago and my computers were both good. Now, not so much.

That's cool, at least I can use it on one computer. NOPE!!! Not really. About 20% of my samples did not make the download. None of my VSL string samples, none of my horns (VSL or "Band"), and various other bits here and there. So I guess I'm back on the phone tomorrow.

The stuff that works sounds great! It's just frustrating. But I'm done ranting now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search