The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
View actual dBFS level in Ableton on levels, making true stereo tracks in Ableton.
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

View actual dBFS level in Ableton on levels, making true stereo tracks in Ableton.

How can I view my actual dBFS level in Ableton. I would like a better reference than just the light up meters. So i can be sure to tell my headroom levels. Also is there a way to get true stereo on each channel by placing a stereo imaging plugin like so in logic. Thanks so much guys.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

The channels in Ableton Live *are* stereo, you can use the PAN knob or an "Utility" plugin to handle stereo field.

To display the level value you need to drag the channel wider and taller via the lines separating the single channels (including Master).

Make sure to run through the tutorials and have a look into the manual (PDF included).
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur View Post
The channels in Ableton Live *are* stereo, you can use the PAN knob or an "Utility" plugin to handle stereo field.

To display the level value you need to drag the channel wider and taller via the lines separating the single channels (including Master).

Make sure to run through the tutorials and have a look into the manual (PDF included).
Thanks so much for clearing that up. I cannot believe I didn't know about dragging the channel bars above the fader, upwards to reveal Db levels. That was killing me. Def will read the actual software manual provided by Ableton to see What other useful tricks I'm missing out on. And I will use the stereo widening plugins to take full advantage of stereo channels. Thanks again mate!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search