The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro X info finally.. per Appleinsider Equalizer Plugins
Old 29th September 2011
Gear Head

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/appl...pt-logic/11240

looks like logic may remain boxed??

Or

No update anytime soon?
Old 29th September 2011
Gear Addict

Why on earth would Logic be announced at the same time as Iphone 5?
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79reubenp View Post
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/appl...pt-logic/11240

looks like logic may remain boxed??

Or

No update anytime soon?
Yea a 90 gig download us a bit much...

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Seward View Post
Why on earth would Logic be announced at the same time as Iphone 5?
Omg, dude.. Lol
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadestar View Post
Omg, dude.. Lol
I don't get it. Please explain Mr Milkman.
Old 2nd October 2011
Tui
Gear Guru

I thought that much was obvious. Logic X will only run on iPhones.

heh
Old 2nd October 2011
Lives for gear

Obviously it's such a huge consumer success that it deserves its own keynote address!
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post

heh
Lame joke dude. tutt
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post

heh
Then we will have a version for the iPod Nano too.
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
Yea a 90 gig download us a bit much...

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
that being said, logic itself is quite small. Apple chopped up the finial cut package, so I can't see it happen to the studio bundle any different.
The jam packs are already in the app store.

So the leftover big junk are some loops and samples and the sampler instruments.

will see how they divide the studio package. I personally like to buy logic pro X, with AU's effects, but couldn't care less for instruments.

We will see, but I bet you that Logic X will be app store only, however they might split it, but there won't be a box.

cheers
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leechlife View Post
We will see, but I bet you that Logic X will be app store only, however they might split it, but there won't be a box.
"The only products that will remain as boxed software offerings are Logic Express and Logic Studio."
Old 2nd October 2011
Lives for gear

Yes. Makes sense. Splitting up the Space Designer IRs, instruments, Loops and samples etc. into a bunch of separate apps or file downloads would be a very un-Apple-like mess.
Old 2nd October 2011
Lives for gear

Not to mention that the main app has grown up (bloated up) to close to 700MB over the years all on its own. Throw in just Space Designer & Apple Impulse Responses and you're over 2GB easy. Of course XCode via Apple store is something like 4.1GB (iirc)...sadly they don't make it easy to recover from partial downloads of that either, something I hope is addressed in the App Store eventually (large installs being able to be backed up).
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Seward View Post
"The only products that will remain as boxed software offerings are Logic Express and Logic Studio."
And that is of course subject to change and only valid currently.

It also refers to Logic studio and logic express and NOT to whatever they might call the next release.

So this is valid as long as there is no new logic release.
Old 2nd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
And that is of course subject to change and only valid currently.

It also refers to Logic studio and logic express and NOT to whatever they might call the next release.

So this is valid as long as there is no new logic release.
No I do not think the press release is cryptic...

We have a limited supply of copies of each in stock in the store, so consider this a “last call” for anyone who would like a hard copy before they are gone. Particularly anyone who would like to get Snow Leopard, as we just received our final shipment of that version of the OS.

The only products that will remain as boxed software offerings are Logic Express and Logic Studio.

The release talks about 'final' shipments - Logic 10 is around the corner, it will still be boxed. Even if re-named.
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Logic 10 is around the corner,
I wish we had some kind of real indicator of this apart from one, long-shot rumor from some un-named guy in Japan (on Appleinsider last month, iirc).

"Around the corner" could actually turn out to be "sometime in 2012 or so..."

But hopefully not. I got a birthday this month and was really hoping to treat myself to a Sandy Bridge Mac Pro and Logic X.
Old 3rd October 2011
Gear Maniac

I read on a certain AU developers twitter this past week that apple is sending out notice to all developers informing them to get their plug-ins 64 bit ASAP, if that's not a hint, I don't know what is.... I'm just not expecting it this week at a iOS event! Lol
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Hadn't heard that. Thanks!

I Googled up an image of the email. It's only a couple days old so I imagine we're still a ways off from Logic X. Unless it will be a later 10.x update which eliminates the bridge, not unlike when 9.1, not 9.0 actually dropped PPC support...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Any links? How do you know about this stuff? Fan apple sites would have posted this as front page news!
Old 3rd October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicl View Post
Any links? How do you know about this stuff? Fan apple sites would have posted this as front page news!
Are you sure? It seems to me that they couldn't care less about Logic. It's all ipad, iphones and laptops these days.
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicl View Post
As above, Apple fan sites really don't care about Logic. Only Logic users care about Logic announcements.

[link removed, since I wouldn't want Gearslutz to get in trouble]
Old 3rd October 2011
Gear Nut

I`m just kidding around..

My "speculation" around logic x released at the same time as iphone 5 was just exitement

But I would like logic on my iphone

My guess is that logic x will be insanely trend setting.
In these times marked value is everything.
I`M STOKED..
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretch View Post
I read on a certain AU developers twitter this past week that apple is sending out notice to all developers informing them to get their plug-ins 64 bit ASAP, if that's not a hint, I don't know what is.... I'm just not expecting it this week at a iOS event! Lol
I would not be surprised if apple dropped 32 bit support logic X. I mean the transition phase 32-64 has been long enough. (Waves .. get the hint )
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
No I do not think the press release is cryptic...

We have a limited supply of copies of each in stock in the store, so consider this a “last call” for anyone who would like a hard copy before they are gone. Particularly anyone who would like to get Snow Leopard, as we just received our final shipment of that version of the OS.

The only products that will remain as boxed software offerings are Logic Express and Logic Studio.

The release talks about 'final' shipments - Logic 10 is around the corner, it will still be boxed. Even if re-named.
we will see ...

You can read this press release in different ways.

I think it only states that most boxed version stop from that date onwards, logic for the time being will still be available boxed.

The way apple is going with the app store, it is more or less clear that boxed version will disappear for all their software, including logic.
The question is only, when it will happen for the logic products.
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

And how it will happen.

I think it will be with the X. A core LogicPro X application with add ons to buy and download.

Roger
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I would not be surprised if apple dropped 32 bit support logic X. I mean the transition phase 32-64 has been long enough. (Waves .. get the hint )
That's what the letter from apple specifically says...
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

damn. i guess we'll lose the massey tape head AU.

it actually doesn't run under the bridge because it has no GUI, but it's technically listed as a 32-bit plugin
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thing is, there are still a lot of popular plug-ins not ready for 64 bit. So unfortunately, it doesn't appear Apple learned anything from the Final Cut Pro X launch debacle...

I wish they'd help developers out by offering some sort of app store distribution method. That be easier for both users and developers! (I'm betting the iLok delay is holding up many developers)
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Nut

no logic x or iphone 5

my brain is full of sadness
Old 5th October 2011

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search