The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro X info finally.. per Appleinsider Equalizer Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
jac
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgabrielx View Post
it does it but it never worked for me.
Always something wrong..... not usable for me
Same here. The command always leave something on the way... especially BUS settings and OUTPUTS settings...
All the time a second (and third) checking is a must in order to keep everything ok!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
it does it but it never worked for me.
Always something wrong..... not usable for me
Strange always works a treat for me
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 View Post
I just hope that those that bought Logic Pro Studio (ie with all the apps), when they upgrade to ProX, keep their apps.

Would seem highly unfair to get investors in the software to axe everything to start again.
If they follow the FCP-X marketing/sales lead that I think they will - per the article, I doubt that Mainstage, etc will stay attached - if they aren't folded into the application itself then they'll be separate apps or abandoned.

I also don't Apple will deal with owners of Logic Pro Studio as "investors" in a continuing "line", but as simply owners of that past product.

They have been trending for a long time away from the concept paid updates and upgrades - to a simple one price for each product format. The OS is that way. iLife is that way. With FCP being that way as well.

But I think it's important to always put that change of policy to the ever decreasing cost of Apple software. With the current buy-in of most Apple software products sitting at or below the former upgrade price points. With FCP-X's price drop being a good example of that.

I expect we'll see a similar price reduction with Logic X as well - as a direct result of the move to the app store.

David
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I just want them to fix the "using only one core" problem when using any type of software audio routing.

Everyone that use software routing on an i7 for example still can't use even 25% of its potential, scandalous.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I import session data all the time, and it works great.

the only feature needed is track matching and being able to replace several tracks in one click.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

import session data never worked on any of my logic 9 setups.
If you want to import bus, aux and outputs settings strange things happen.
If you used any automation on the channels you want to import it just isnt workable...

if there is a workaround PLEASE SHOW IT TO ME.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
import session data never worked on any of my logic 9 setups.
If you want to import bus, aux and outputs settings strange things happen.
If you used any automation on the channels you want to import it just isnt workable...

if there is a workaround PLEASE SHOW IT TO ME.
True, sadly. Logic imports software instrument and audio tracks and their content fine, but aux, bus, and output importing can be totally screwed up.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Hmm. I really wonder how logic x is going to turn out.

I bought the garageband for ipad and it is as limiting as it is brilliant.
Actually I would`nt mind if logic turned more to creative songwriting and creative tasks. I mean the consept "pro market" is somehow becoming more vague.
When producing music today sound quality is not a big selling point to consumers.
Creative quality music is.

If apple can make a daw that is pro for the creative market they will be a favorite to the next generation that will define the industry standard.
That is what I believe
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadestar View Post

When producing music today sound quality is not a big selling point to consumers.
Creative quality music is.

That analysis is probably true but i find it very depressing. The two need not be mutually exclusive. I hear nothing on the radio today that is more creative than what The Beatles and The Beach Boys did in their later albums and their sound quality was excellent.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker View Post
That analysis is probably true but i find it very depressing. The two need not be mutually exclusive. I hear nothing on the radio today that is more creative than what The Beatles and The Beach Boys did in their later albums and their sound quality was excellent.
*Groan*
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I hear you... baby boomer myopia really does get a little old... like, you know, after my entire life of hearing it.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

I trust apple.

But if they fail me I`ll just dump logic. Enough quality daws out there.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

news?
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mal View Post
I hear you... baby boomer myopia really does get a little old... like, you know, after my entire life of hearing it.
Tell ya what gets old...
... one weak idea copied and pasted twenty times...with some pitch bend and AT thrown in, a rap section about someone's rear end,
and at least one slowdown effect....
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Tell ya what gets old...
... one weak idea copied and pasted twenty times...with some pitch bend and AT thrown in, a rap section about someone's rear end,
and at least one slowdown effect....
LOL, how true
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Logic is still a kick ass daw,being stable is all I really need.

Anymore besides a better audio editor is just a fat man at a smorgasborg!

We need 64 bit fulling exploited even word length it self,not just the memory extension.

Then what's next?3.3 gig chips at 128 bit! More instructions per cycle,like someone said utilizing all cores should be of the utmost concern.

Question will we need logic 9 to retain all the sample content for logic X?

Or are we talking a 80 gig app store download?

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

I changed from Logic to Cubase - and i'm so happy!!! Visit also the thread "Logic Bug City". There you'll find some engine comparison files.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

nott all your summing comparisons were done with Kontakt and using incorrect i/o mapping for the additional outputs iirc.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
nott all your summing comparisons were done with Kontakt and using incorrect i/o mapping for the additional outputs iirc.
This is incorrect - you know that.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nott View Post
I changed from Logic to Cubase - and i'm so happy!!! Visit also the thread "Logic Bug City". There you'll find some engine comparison files.
worst shoot out ever.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Seward View Post
worst shoot out ever.
So, please do it better for us!!!
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
So, please do it better for us!!!
Nott, you're a nut
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
And that has WHAT? TO DO WITH LOGIC X?

Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is incorrect - you know that.
No I recall at first there was a comparison of mono to stereo Kontakt outputs, and then later on that was replaced with a comparison of multiple outputs at different pan laws and midi data that can easily shift when different timebases are used (ppq).
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Seward View Post
worst shoot out ever.
Pretty much.

The point nott is that noone minds if you're happy with Cubase, but popping up in threads repeatedly to pursue your agenda isn't needed if you don't have a strong case to back it up. I've used both DAWs over the years (well actually Nuendo) and while they both have their upsides and issues neither of them have vague 'summing problems' that can't be traced to specific plugin usages or PDC reporting issues (typically with 3rd party plugins or complex bussing).
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
And that has WHAT? TO DO WITH LOGIC X?

Well, happy waiting...
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Well, happy waiting...
I've noticed that when I insert a plugin sometime the character of the plugin affects the source with all gain @ 0.

Take a look at logic and see if you hear a difference,or get someone to null eq on vs eq bypassed and vs eq not even enabled "FOR YOU"?

Then check for different modes similar to the modes on logic compressors.

I CAN'T NULL AND I DON'T THINK YOU CAN EITHER.

its not hard I'm more a composer then engineer or scientist.and nulling is a waste of time for me,but to see a sonnox eq null with a uad Cambridge on YouTube is cool.

All we need Is NATIVE AUDIO to chime in "then its a party!" God this **** getting old.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
You are trying to turn the word re-code into trouble and crippling and that's not the case. Pro Tools is being re-coded for 64bit and new features that will be available with the re-coding into Cocoa. Since they are re-coding we all expect advantages like better RTAS efficiency and maybe offline bounce.

Take Final Cut X. A lot of pro features are missing at the moment. Apple says they are coming but we all know it was released prematurely. However, the re-coded Final X has some enormous advantages over the previous version in the areas of efficiency, power, rendering, background processing, etc. Add in the missing pro features in the near future and...

Logic has never been totally re-coded from the ground up. There is still a lot of old Emagic code in there. Neither has Pro Tools or any DAW program I can think of except that new Sonar.
YOU STILL VERY PATIENT I SEE
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

I'm loving Logic 8 and Tiger. All needs met. But maybe I'll get current when my macpro dies.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Nut

I really feel moderators should edit away replys that polute these threads.
Very often when people are asking questions on this forum they are told to search. I agree with that but so many threads here are just a mess. Hard to navigate.. 1 + for moderators gone bad

Well well.
My guess is that logic x is released when the new iphone 5 is.
Rumors say 4 th? That would be aawesome
Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear
Who ever don't buy logic X it will be there loss.

when it drops and they have bad **** to say about it,this is right here waiting for them!....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search