The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic crashes / Sonnox
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Logic crashes / Sonnox

I'm using Logic 9.1.5 on OSX 10.6.8 and I experience crashes of Logic

- on opening a project after closing a previous project
- on quitting Logic

In the crash log file Sonnox plugins are mentioned...

Did anybody out there have the same issues? Help needed!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

When you look at crash logs, several threads are listed, one will say 'thread crashed'. If this one mentions Sonnox, go to /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components, remove the Sonnox plugs, reboot, and test.

If the issue persists:
- isolate using startup modifier keys
- look here, here and here for further troubleshooting steps
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Checked the crash log. It says:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Any idea of what could cause it?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarkdj View Post
Checked the crash log. It says:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Any idea of what could cause it?
Not enough information. This just means that thread 0 crashed. Again, I suggest you go through the steps outlined in the links above to isolate it.

Crashes can be caused by corrupt prefs, a corrupt project, corrupt Logic install, 3rd party plugs, hardware drivers, corrupt OS X install, issues with your user account, etc. So you want to isolate where it's coming from, and then take steps to resolve it.

Crash logs don't always give human readable information on what exactly happened. If you want to dig deeper with the crash log, have a look here.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks! It was indeed a Sonnox issue... I didn't have the latest build of one of their plugins! :-( Now, all is cool again!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sonnox plug-ins are still 32-bit, if you are running 64-bit LP9, then it might be a logic-bridging issue with the Sonnox 32-bit plug-ins. So, it might be the other way around (Sonnox crashing Logic).

I'm not using LP9, but have abandonned using Sonnox, until they go 64-bit. Hope they get that done soon. They have surely been taking their time, and that's no good
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
Sonnox plug-ins are still 32-bit, if you are running 64-bit LP9, then it might be a logic-bridging issue with the Sonnox 32-bit plug-ins. So, it might be the other way around (Sonnox crashing Logic).

I'm not using LP9, but have abandonned using Sonnox, until they go 64-bit. Hope they get that done soon. They have surely been taking their time, and that's no good
Still running Logic in 32-Bit mode... I can't stand the logic bridge! heh
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Bridging 64-bit plug-ins has been a curse on the pace of 64-bit development, it is one thing I won't use, I have stopped using any plug-in that is still 32-bit, that includes some of the popular brands such as UAD and Sonnox, until they go 64-bit.

If your crash report shows Sonnox, then I would recommend you e-mail Sonnox support, and report the crash to them. also make sure you have the latest version of the Sonnox plugs.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
Bridging 64-bit plug-ins has been a curse on the pace of 64-bit development, it is one thing I won't use, I have stopped using any plug-in that is still 32-bit, that includes some of the popular brands such as UAD and Sonnox, until they go 64-bit.

If your crash report shows Sonnox, then I would recommend you e-mail Sonnox support, and report the crash to them. also make sure you have the latest version of the Sonnox plugs.
No no, you missunderstood me... It's now running fine... It was one plugin that was not up to date! Thanks to all for your inputs!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search