The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio and Midi Interfaces for Macbook Pro
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

Audio and Midi Interfaces for Macbook Pro

I come from the PC world. I just bought a mid-late 2011 Macbook Pro to have the best of both. I have Logic 9 and would like to trade projects with a friend. He only uses the internal audio card. My Macbook is the 15" model with an i7, 8gigs of RAM and 7200rpm 750gig hard drive. I need some advice...

I'm looking for a good portable midi controller with nice "keyboardist" key action. I like the key action on my Motif ES7 and Roland GAIA. I like to play mono leads, pads and bass lines. Having pads would be cool for beating out some drums. I would like it to be small, in the 3-4 octave range.

I also require a good portable audio interface that will be an upgrade to my existing internal sound card. I dont record a lot of external sources. Mostly everything I do is ITB (at least as far as this MacBook is concerned). If I need to drop some vocals, I will do it in my PC based studio. Will the Apogee single input interface be all I need? Will the interface give me better playback than I already have internally?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've searched but there are many conflicting reports. Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search