The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best DAW controller for... Control Surfaces
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

Best DAW controller for...

Not having to use a video screen? I want to rely as much as possible on my ears only, but what controller has the most comprehensive controls? Let's say sub ICON status. I run Pro Tools and Nuendo.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

c24 and control 24 both have pretty extensive led sections that allow for plug in editing, panning, and track ID. Both are usually under $6k used, with the control 24 being usually in the $3k range.

i've used a control 24 for quite a few mixes before, and other than edits, and dropping a send or plugin into the "slot", i would rarely look at the screen.

though the position of the screen itself helped a rather large amount with this as well.

if you are using PT for mixing, another option of course being the command 8.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

woops! just saw the nuendo bit.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

Thanks Mickey. The Control 24 may be what I need. This is important enough that I may drop Nuendo, and mix with Pro Tools. I've tried it with a basic controller, but it's like....turn the monitor off, do a few things, turn the monitor on, add a plugin....turn the monitor off. Just as or even more distracting than having it on!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

All you really have to do is to close your eyes for a moment. I mean, sure it is great to spend money on new toys, but to stop mixing with your eyes is easy.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search