The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Batch processing samples/audio through external hardware – software to do this? DAW Software
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Batch processing samples/audio through external hardware – software to do this?

Hi all.

I am looking for software to batch process samples through external hardware, with the following features:

*) As automated as possible. Ideally, I just point it at my folder of samples and it goes to work.
*) Compensates for latency.
*) Handles reverb tails (or any other kind of processing tail) caused by the hardware
*) Names the samples like the original ones, but with a suffix.
*) Ideally, it would handle stereo samples, even if the hardware is mono (ie, it would process the left/right channels in separate passes, to create a stereo result).

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've never heard of such a software, but it could be fairly easy to do with max/msp I think.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I have very little experience with Max/MSP, unfortunately, but thanks very much for the suggestion – I'll investigate it further if I can't find a ready-made solution
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

It should be as simple as pinging the da/unit/ad loop (either once for a batch "session" or before each process), reformatting the input filename with a chosen suffix, starting play/rec (to the new filename) and then stopping the recording either after a user-specified time-pad at the end of the file or after the input level drops below a certain threshold (for a certain amount of time) offline processing the file to compensate for latency (only bit I don't know how to do off the top of my head) ... then iterate.

If you have max, there's an example of how to do a ping test in the examples overview. If you don't, I could make it this weekend.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search