The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ProTools 7 LE mbox question Dynamics Plugins
Old 6th September 2011

ProTools 7 LE mbox question

Im going to record a 2 channel live gig, I will trim the beginning and the end, put a couple of fades in there. Im thinking if I should dust off my old mbox2 and see if the micpres are okey.

There will be no post production and I will deliver a CD just after the gig.

However do I have to bounce the entire show (2 hours) in realtime or can I trim the recording and export it to 44100/16 somehow without bouncing ?

Thanks for any help!
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioshark View Post
Im going to record a 2 channel live gig, I will trim the beginning and the end, put a couple of fades in there. Im thinking if I should dust off my old mbox2 and see if the micpres are okey.

There will be no post production and I will deliver a CD just after the gig.

However do I have to bounce the entire show (2 hours) in realtime or can I trim the recording and export it to 44100/16 somehow without bouncing ?

Thanks for any help!
Exactly. Trim the recording, fade top and tail, consolidate (shift+alt+3) and expor (shift+apple+k). Pro Tools basics!
Old 6th September 2011

Thanks alot! I will try this, just have to find my mbox then, somewhere it is!
Old 6th September 2011

I found the mbox! BUT I bumped into another problem instead...

I only got Protools 8.0.3 and a brand new macbook pro 13" bought yesterday (lion). Any idea how to kickstart the installation without getting the "the following installation step failed: run preflight script for Pro Tools Creative Collection. Contact Software manufacturer for assistance" Error ?

Any help are appreciated!
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioshark View Post
I found the mbox! BUT I bumped into another problem instead...

I only got Protools 8.0.3 and a brand new macbook pro 13" bought yesterday (lion). Any idea how to kickstart the installation without getting the "the following installation step failed: run preflight script for Pro Tools Creative Collection. Contact Software manufacturer for assistance" Error ?

Any help are appreciated!
I have a feeling that 8.0.3 is the first version that doesn't support the original Mbox. Original Mbox is also not supported on Lion. Someone might have a workaround, but officially you're out of luck I'm afraid. I personally wouldn't want to trust an unsupported rig with a live recording, if it was important!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search