The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ATTN: Komplete 8 Ultimate is crossgrade, not full version at americanmusical.com Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

ATTN: Komplete 8 Ultimate is crossgrade, not full version at americanmusical.com

UPDATE: They've now fixed this on their website.

I wanted to warn everyone about a serious screw-up at americanmusical.com.

This is a legit dealer, so I don't think they did this on purpose, but they should fix it quick.

I'm on their email list, and got an email late last night that hyped up Komplete 8 Ultimate. You click on it, and it takes you to the webpage where the price is $749. It does not say anything on the page, or in the email to imply that this is anything but the full version of K8 Ultimate.

I was aware that there is a crossgrade version for $749 if you own Maschine, Kontact, or a few other products.

But I wrongly assumed they were just doing an aggressive pre-order special.

I called them up and the salesperson didn't know any better either, probably looking at the same webpage I was.

So I ordered it, and got the confirmation email a few minutes later, in which it says "crossgrade".

I promptly called up again and cancelled the order, explaining the situation, and informing them that they'll have a lot of angry customers if they don't fix this quick. The guy said he would notify those in charge, so hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I just wanted to warn anyone who happened to see this, or got the same email, so you don't waste your time.

Strangely, this is the only version of Komplete 8 they are carrying, they don't have the full version at all. The clerk confirmed this.

Pretty bad mistake to make. Oh well.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Check with sweetwater, they can do the payment plan as well. I like americanmusical but I noticed that as well, though I'm not quite ready to purchase yet anyway.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search