The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
$18 shipping for an ilok?
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

$18 shipping for an ilok?

What a joke. I can slip a usb drive into a standard letter-size envelope, put on one a dem fancy 50-cent first class stamps and accomplish the same thing for 5% the cost. Scam scam scam!
Old 5th September 2011
Who's charging $18 to ship an iLok?
We ship them free...
Old 5th September 2011
Where did you buy it? If it was from a retail store and its in retail packaging that might explain part of it. It does still sound like expensive shipping.

Sent from my Eris using Gearslutz.com App
Old 6th September 2011
Tui
Gear Guru

If you're talking about the iLok 2, there are quite a few people who've seen their new iLoks either DOA or fail after a short period of time. They are rather flimsy. The body is made from cheap, soft plastic. So, having it shipped in a solid box seems like a good idea - paper envelope, not a good idea.

I'd have to say, though, these things are vastly overpriced, and build quality is shockingly poor.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I guess that's what I get for buying from the manufacturer's website. $50 for a freaking usb drive man...
Old 8th September 2011
urumita

time to buy FedEx shares, they should be cheap by now

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search