The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
record live mbox 2 DAW Software
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

record live mbox 2

hey guys, can somebody help me solve an issue i'm having recording live? i'm running on a windows 7 64bit on a pc. my keyboard is connecting to both stereo input on line 1/2 on the back of the mbox 2 interface. my microphone is plug into line 2. i have a single yamaha monitor connecting to mono out right, but i will be using my desktop speakers for now. so there is no need to turn the monitor volume up. i wont be using pro tools to record. like i said i am playing live (stream live). my settings under windows 7 volume control 'playback' enable both to line 1/2. the issue i'm having is that whenever i want to use my microphone to sing along at the same time i am playing the keyboard, i will have to enabled the microphone in the front of the mbox 2 interface. if i do that, i will not get stereo input from the keyboard anymore. now if i disabled the microphone on line 2 and also disable the pad in the front of the interface, i get stereo input just fine. but then i wont get to use my microphone. because to use my microphone i will have to enable the front and the pad together on line 2. this takes away the stereo input of the keyboard. sucks. how can i fix this? my suggestion is that the mbox 2 is limited and can only record 1 at a time?
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

forget about the live streaming stuff. i know most of you guys probably don't even know how to work that out. but anyways, my keyboard is running stereo audio to both line 1/2. if i want to use a microphone i would have to disabled one of the mono channel. this takes away the stereo input of the keyboard. how can i work around this problem?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
Unless your keyboard has a spdif out, the mbox has only 2 analog inputs, I believe.

Do you need the keyboard to be outputting stereo in a live situation?
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklion View Post
Unless your keyboard has a spdif out, the mbox has only 2 analog inputs, I believe.

Do you need the keyboard to be outputting stereo in a live situation?
i don't think my keyboard has spdif? i'm playing the fantom G.

yes i do need the keyboard to play stereo because when other people hear me play the keyboard on their end, it only come out one side of the speaker. do you recommend buying a mixer and have the keyboard as stereo in and plug the mic into it's own channel? the mbox 2 comes with 2 line input. if i want to play stereo audio on the keyboard then i cannot use the microphone. if i use the microphone, then this takes away one of the line input.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by creation25 View Post
i don't think my keyboard has spdif? i'm playing the fantom G.

yes i do need the keyboard to play stereo because when other people hear me play the keyboard on their end, it only come out one side of the speaker. do you recommend buying a mixer and have the keyboard as stereo in and plug the mic into it's own channel? the mbox 2 comes with 2 line input. if i want to play stereo audio on the keyboard then i cannot use the microphone. if i use the microphone, then this takes away one of the line input.
You gotta RTFM my brother: Looks like there's a mic input on the Fantom as well as spdif I/O. Also, the Left output of Mix A is Mono. Look like you have 3 options that work for you.

In any case, from the Roland Website (check the bold):

Connetions:
Mic/Guitar Input Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type (Phantom power) (Hi-Z) Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, A (MIX) Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type: B Output Jacks (L, R): 1/4 inch phone type: Input Jacks (L/MONO/MIC, R): 1/4 inch phone type, Pedal Jacks: Hold Pedal Jack (Half Pedal recognition), MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT, THRU, USB Connectors: USB Computer Connector (supports file transfer or mass storage class, and Audio/MIDI), Digital Audio Interface: COAXIAL INPUT/OUTPUT, AC Inlet

Fortunately, I like reading random manuals for some reason. DL the manual from the website and it's on pg. 24 if you need the diagram.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklion View Post
You gotta RTFM my brother: Looks like there's a mic input on the Fantom as well as spdif I/O. Also, the Left output of Mix A is Mono. Look like you have 3 options that work for you.

In any case, from the Roland Website (check the bold):

Connetions:
Mic/Guitar Input Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type (Phantom power) (Hi-Z) Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, A (MIX) Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type: B Output Jacks (L, R): 1/4 inch phone type: Input Jacks (L/MONO/MIC, R): 1/4 inch phone type, Pedal Jacks: Hold Pedal Jack (Half Pedal recognition), MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT, THRU, USB Connectors: USB Computer Connector (supports file transfer or mass storage class, and Audio/MIDI), Digital Audio Interface: COAXIAL INPUT/OUTPUT, AC Inlet

Fortunately, I like reading random manuals for some reason. DL the manual from the website and it's on pg. 24 if you need the diagram.
thanks. yes, it has input and output. i wasn't sure what spdif is? i thought they were different. but ok i got you! there is also a mic support phantom power but i'm not sure if people can hear me from the computer (skpye and video chat rooms etc), but i'll give that a try.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

kool it work. the mic is now plug into the fantom G and all i did was enabled it's driver under volume control windows 7. now i can get stereo audio from the mbox 2 and still able to use the mic. anyway thank you.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search