The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
64bit system, but need Waves.. Jbridge?
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Maniac

64bit system, but need Waves.. Jbridge?

Okay, Im getting my new computer in a few days. I will run 64bit windows and 64bit Cubase 6. All my plugins support 64bit, except Waves.
Because of this, I dont want to order waves before I know it will work with a Jbridge OR they realise a 64bit version..

So, will Waves plugins (SSL, Renessance, L2) work in Cubase6 64bit if I get the Jbridge? How does it work in real life? Or is it a lot you have to do?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear
Yes it works and is very simple to use. You bridge it once and forget about it.
Old 5th September 2011
Administrator

I have found that some of the waves plugins are slow to react with jbridge. As in when you turn a knob the gui will react a second later.
I find it very hard to judge.

Graham
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

@blacklion : Cool! Are you using the newest versions of Waves? And are you also using Windows 64bit and Cubase6 64bit?

@Grahamdwc : Hmm, okay. Not the best news.. but what plugins work good?
Renessance? SSL?

Does it work to DL the waves plugins in demo and Jbridge in demo and get a real picture of how it works on my system?
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

i love J Bridge, the only time i ever got problems with crashes on Cubase is when i used plugins, and usually it's because of VST Bridge and it usually just locks up and won't unlock, when using jBridge whenever anything crashes it will hang for a few seconds and then tell you that the plugin has crashed and give you a number of options to stop it happening again in future, and allow you to continue working, I’ve not come across any problems with it so far. super happy with it, just wish Steinberg made VST Bridge work this way from the beginning.

I’m using 64bit Cubase and windows 7 64bit

and yeah i've not had any serious problems with any Waves plugins at all, they all seem to work fine, sometimes i get dispach error codes with them, but there is a box below each plugin, where it will open a jBridge settings window to allow you to check differernt boxes in order to stop any dispatch errors, after selecting the right box i don't have any issues.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search