The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ik ARC or StealthPedal? Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Ik ARC or StealthPedal?

I'm gonna abuse the current 3 for 1 offer at IK Multimedia and for around 170 EUR (minus 30 EUR VAT) get me an upgrade to Amplitube 3 (already got everything else of the AT line) and SampleTron. Both are pure software download, so I can choose one more product that is boxed (comes with hardware).

Problem is that I cannot decide between ARC and the StealthPedal. I know the limits of a system like ARC, but it still should provide some benefits (especially for that price). I may have use for it or maybe not, that purely depends on how much I like it once I hear it. I know the weaknesses of my room and some EQ + time-based magic (IIR to be exact) should help with some issues, but you never know until you experience it in practice.

The StealthPedal shares the same dilemma, I don't really need it, but it would be a nice addition. I already own a superb Roland FC-300 Midi pedal board and audio interfaces with HI-Z guitar inputs. But the FC-300 weight 13 lb + the interface, while the SP only weight 3 lb. This could be a useful rig for going out to rehearsals in temporarily rented room without carrying tons of stuff. Plus it could be a backup for when other stuff breaks.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur View Post
I'm gonna abuse the current 3 for 1 offer at IK Multimedia and for around 170 EUR (minus 30 EUR VAT) get me an upgrade to Amplitube 3 (already got everything else of the AT line) and SampleTron. Both are pure software download, so I can choose one more product that is boxed (comes with hardware).

Problem is that I cannot decide between ARC and the StealthPedal. I know the limits of a system like ARC, but it still should provide some benefits (especially for that price). I may have use for it or maybe not, that purely depends on how much I like it once I hear it. I know the weaknesses of my room and some EQ + time-based magic (IIR to be exact) should help with some issues, but you never know until you experience it in practice.

The StealthPedal shares the same dilemma, I don't really need it, but it would be a nice addition. I already own a superb Roland FC-300 Midi pedal board and audio interfaces with HI-Z guitar inputs. But the FC-300 weight 13 lb + the interface, while the SP only weight 3 lb. This could be a useful rig for going out to rehearsals in temporarily rented room without carrying tons of stuff. Plus it could be a backup for when other stuff breaks.

Decisions, decisions...
I'd go for the ARC if you don't really need the stealthpedal

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search