The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD2 + PT9 clicks and pops DAW Software
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Maniac

UAD2 + PT9 clicks and pops

Hi,

I have a problem with using UAD2 plugins in Pro Tools 9.
It only works properly, when I set the buffer size to 1024 in PT, but if I do it, the delay compensation can compensate only two plugins, even in long mode setting. What is the solution for this?

Thanks!
Tom
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't believe there is one. As I start having issues I change the buffer size. The lower the buffer, the lower the latency. I only use 2-3 UAD plugins on a channel because of this. Try 256 and 512. Because of what I said earlier, you are better off using a lower buffer size. I understand that kinda goes against the normal PT behavior..."if it starts acting up, raise the buffer size"...well unfortunately with UAD, it has the opposite effect

Sent from my Nexus One using Gearslutz.com App
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks! Only the 1024 works for me, 512 has clicks. Cant believe, that I have this new system and totally useless.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

The solution is:
setup / playback engine, set the 'Host Processors', to '1 Processor'

Everything works fine.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search