The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Satellite for PC DSP Audio Systems
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

UAD Satellite for PC

Any news on this happening? I'm pretty sure they will, there's a massive market waiting.......
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Nut

They have them they are built for Pc/MAc but they have limited support for PC
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Don't hold your breath. There are just too many variables with off the shelf and home brew PC's and firewire for it to happen. There are still some issues with Mac version. Firewire DSP has been a dog for all companies that have tried it. Powercore, SSL, etc.

Windows PC systems are incompatible with UAD-2 Satellite

UAD-2 Satellite Support Page
Old 4th September 2011
No PC support as of yet. I have the satellite with an iMac and it works flawlessly.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do View Post
Don't hold your breath. There are just too many variables with off the shelf and home brew PC's and firewire for it to happen.
Those are the ones it's most likely to work with as it's easy to stick a TI based PCI/PCI-E card in a home brew box. It's laptops even with built in FW(if you can find any) and mostly express cards that are the real problem.
Quote:
There are still some issues with Mac version. Firewire DSP has been a dog for all companies that have tried it. Powercore, SSL, etc.
Agreed. I wouldn't buy it for any platform period.
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Head

im dissapointed that its not accessible to Pc users, yes i just bought the PCIe version but would have to get the firewire option just because my band always meet up in other places other than my main studio so taking my laptop with a full mix of our songs to the other guys places to either edit or do some quick re-takes would be great and still having the SSL plugins as well. but o'well im either gonna have to wait or just maybe go down the duende path.
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyryan86 View Post
im dissapointed that its not accessible to Pc users, yes i just bought the PCIe version but would have to get the firewire option just because my band always meet up in other places other than my main studio so taking my laptop with a full mix of our songs to the other guys places to either edit or do some quick re-takes would be great and still having the SSL plugins as well. but o'well im either gonna have to wait or just maybe go down the duende path.
Expresscard slot plenty of pc laptops have them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
Expresscard slot plenty of pc laptops have them.

i know but my point was instead of me having to buy two pieces of hardware from SSL i could have just bought the satellite for both my laptop and desktop PC.

plus the satellite goes upto QUAD and the expresscard is only SOLO.
Old 11th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Any news on this happening? I'm pretty sure they will, there's a massive market waiting.......
Well.........I wrote a long and extremely "time wasting" email wondering WHEN implementation would happen for Satellite & PC to UAD.As far as a response ......lets just say it was VERY curt.e.g. "No Way,Not Ever, Get......." Ps. Maybe they'll surprise us errrrrr...........nuh
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
Well.........I wrote a long and extremely "time wasting" email wondering WHEN implementation would happen for Satellite & PC to UAD.As far as a response ......lets just say it was VERY curt.e.g. "No Way,Not Ever, Get......." Ps. Maybe they'll surprise us errrrrr...........nuh

thats dissapoints me, why do companys only make this program for that OS/SYSTEM and why do they not include both, wouldnt it make sense to get both of the markets? is it that hard seriously?

People can crack iphones and make viruses for windows and get bank details here and there etc etc.. yet we still cant get firewire drivers right?

different subject all together but what about USB3? i haven't seen anyone implement it yet
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyryan86 View Post
thats dissapoints me, why do companys only make this program for that OS/SYSTEM and why do they not include both, wouldnt it make sense to get both of the markets? is it that hard seriously?

People can crack iphones and make viruses for windows and get bank details here and there etc etc.. yet we still cant get firewire drivers right?

different subject all together but what about USB3? i haven't seen anyone implement it yet
Probably the same situation as euphonix and apogee. The companies get licenced by apple to develoup exclusive products for the mac platform at the expense of customers A lose lose situation.
Old 12th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeretoneAudio View Post
Probably the same situation as euphonix and apogee. The companies get licenced by apple to develoup exclusive products for the mac platform at the expense of customers A lose lose situation.
Such Idiotic Infuriating Anti Logical Enforcement,reminds me of Beta vs VHS.I still have 27 year old Beta video tapes that play/sound/look OK Though I have 7 year old VHS that dont even play....at all!This mac/PC thing must end!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search