The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OSX Lion - Mini-Me/Mini-DAC Firewire or Rosetta 800 with XFirewire Digital Converters
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac
OSX Lion - Mini-Me/Mini-DAC Firewire or Rosetta 800 with XFirewire

Anyone try an Apogee Mini-Me or Mini-DAC with firewire on OSX Lion yet? No word on Apogee's site as to whether it's supported.

What about a Rosetta 800 with Xfirewire card? Apogee's site just says "to be announced" for xfirewire compatibility.
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric4001 View Post
Anyone try an Apogee Mini-Me or Mini-DAC with firewire on OSX Lion yet? No word on Apogee's site as to whether it's supported.

What about a Rosetta 800 with Xfirewire card? Apogee's site just says "to be announced" for xfirewire compatibility.
Have you spoken to Apogee?

I was told by them the x-FW card will work as it simply utilises Apples coreaudio driver. Same goes with the old firewire HD-series card for the AD8000/2Trak.

If you can simply plug the mini-me or mini-dac into a mac without having to install drivers to use it, it should work fine under Lion. The Ensemble & Duet's are slightly different as Apogee write the drivers for them (so I am lead to believe).
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac
Thanks. That's very helpful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search