The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Ensemble Lion Update
Old 13th October 2011
Here for the gear

Nope, I don't think it's unreasonable at all. Probably won't happen though...

I keep wishing I's splurged on Symphony, but then I look at what that would have cost me and think how much more disappointed I would have been at some point in the future when the exact same thing may happen again (albeit under OSX Cougar or whatever.)
Old 22nd October 2011
FYI 2nd Mixer is in Maestro 2!!!

Hey all,

By accident, I was in Maestro 2 and I clicked on the Mixer tab and peeking from the bottom was Mixer 2. All you have to do is resize the window or maximize to see it. I don't know how to route it as in Maestro 1, but it's there. My i/o allocation is 10x10. I'm not sure if that matters.
Old 9th November 2011
Gear Head
Keyboard Volume Controls Not Working?

Anyone else seeing that the Apple keyboard volume controls don't work with Lion and Maestro 2?
Old 9th November 2011
my keyboard volume controls work.
Old 9th November 2011
Gear Addict

Anybody using d box for summing with maestro 2 ?
Old 11th November 2011
@kedavis I don't see Mixer 2 hiding anywhere
Old 11th November 2011
@nocoJack: I don't see it anymore either. I saw it that day but I can't get it back. I'm not sure what I did.

@flwehr: My keyboard volume works.
Old 11th November 2011
ejp
Here for the gear

Funnily enough, i saw mixer 2 today (maybe its a bit like seeing god) but i had messed about with audio drivers in audio midi setup. Still couldn't assign separate mix outs though.
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Head

Maestro 2 no longer supports EuCon protocol.

Anyone using an Ensemble with a Euphonix/Avid Artist Series controller will no longer be able to control anything on the Ensemble with the controllers. This is a total deal-breaker for me and I'm now having to downgrade back to Maestro v1.

I sure hope this is addressed by Apogee soon. They sold all this gear as a tightly integrated package for use with Logic 9.

From Avid support:

Apogee didn't add Eucon support in Maestro V2.
Perhaps they will add it in the future.

Best regards,

Avid Artist Technical Support
Old 30th November 2011
Mixer 2 in Maestro

Okay, just so you (and myself included) don't think I'm crazy here's a screenshot of Maestro 2 with the 2nd Mixer. Again I don't know what I did, but it miraculously appears and disappears. In the release notes it states the 2nd mixer isn't supported. Apogee said they were going to do another update in the future to add standalone support. Maybe if we let them know the things that are wrong, they'll fix those too.
Attached Thumbnails
Apogee Ensemble Lion Update-maestro-double-mixer.jpg  
Old 15th January 2012
ejp
Here for the gear

Ensemble with 10.7 and maestro 2

Well I for one have given up hope of ever seeing the two mixers again and have instead bought a mixwizard 3 to do my monitoring in hardware which simply means I don't have to touch maestro at all!!
Old 17th January 2012
Lives for gear

I upgraded to the Lion installer and new firmware. Works great on the Lion laptop, but on my 10.6.8 desktop the Ensemble will no longer lock to word clock - even downgrading to the 2009 package and firmware won't fix it.

Anyone else seen this?

Best...H
Old 17th January 2012
ejp
Here for the gear

Well I had problems switching between lion and 10.6.8. Did it several times. Ended up using something like appzapper to remove all installed files. That seemed to do the trick.

Hope that helps
Old 8th February 2012
Here for the gear

Apogee has released a new Ensemble software update which re-instates two features removed from the September 2011 Release: Standalone routing and two low latency mixers. Yay!
Old 8th February 2012
Gear Addict

Great news. I hope this is a return to the old features with the new interface. I find the new interface to be clean and clear. I didn't like the one before. I'm getting older and I find the new one easier to read. Gonna cross my fingers...
Old 9th February 2012
Gear Addict

Seems to be on a good way! Only one feature is still missing: the ability to re-record an output internally. They even improved using 2 Ensembles.
Old 9th February 2012
Lives for gear

if it ain't broke, we prob. ain't fixing. No Save/Recall supported in version 2 (we have a load of presets for different configurations/jobs that accumulated along the way).

Question:
has anyone had trouble w/ the volume knob 'catching'? sometimes it just spins so we use the Apple Keyboard volume control and were surprised to read in one of the above posts that those keys have been disabled in the update....
Old 10th December 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwehr View Post
Anyone else seeing that the Apple keyboard volume controls don't work with Lion and Maestro 2?
Yep, mine has never worked since. I'm sure it's fixable, but I can't figure it out...
Old 9th August 2013
Here for the gear

Ensemble volume and Apogee Maestro 2 with MacOs10.8 problem
the Ensemble Volume control on the Mac Keyboard doesn't work with the new update of 10.8 !! someone resolve the problem??
Old 9th August 2013
Lives for gear

Sole reason ACM's never updated. When a Mac OS driver for Ensemble wiped out my MBP in 2007/2008, literally, I've been extremely warey of Apogee's business MO of 'if it ain't broke, fix it'. Staying put for as long as possible
Old 9th August 2013
Lives for gear

I am thinking of updating my system to mountain lion, or at least create another parition to text out Logic X, I am running the 1.9 or whatever of the Maestro and it's corresponding firmware, would updating to 2.0 Maestro work on 10.6.8.? or even if I keep that on 1.9 whatever, won't I have to update the Ensemble's firmware for Mt. Lion compatibility? yikes, not sure what to do here..... any help would be appreciated.
Old 10th August 2013
Gear Head

I've just about given up on apogee. Sold my Rosetta 800 & I'm selling my ensemble in the next couple months. Apogee never again, someone told me the other day that I should get a symphony, if you search around you will see people having problems with it. Sell all your apogee stuff & buy something else. I'm saving up to buy an Avid 8+8+8. Haven't heard one single complaint about Avid new converters.
Avid here I come...
Old 6th October 2013
Here for the gear

volume controls ain't workin with mountain lion either folks. goddam apogee
Old 6th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adwa View Post
I've just about given up on apogee. Sold my Rosetta 800 & I'm selling my ensemble in the next couple months. Apogee never again, someone told me the other day that I should get a symphony, if you search around you will see people having problems with it. Sell all your apogee stuff & buy something else. I'm saving up to buy an Avid 8+8+8. Haven't heard one single complaint about Avid new converters.
Avid here I come...
I have been using Symphony since July (and before that Ensemble between 2006 and 2013) on Snow Leopard platform and I can't say anything else that it ALWAYS been rock steady.

Now when I went to Logic Pro X on Mountain Lion it became quite a different story, although through all the errors I encountered it was hard to say whether Apogee, LPX or ML was the culprit. But on SL you should be fine with Apogee.
Old 6th October 2013
Gear Maniac

yep, there's been several threads here about the frustrating ensemble & mountain lion glitches. the only thing that solved my ensemble issues were to always do a hard restart....powering up the ensemble first and then my mac about 15 seconds after the apogee has done its start up thing.

i also set my maestro prefs to see the device on launch. all good from that point.
Old 6th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Having problems with strange behavior here as well. This morning, the output of my ensemble was way high. Distorting on even low volume settings. Logic Pro X, iTunes, and YouTube. Hard restart of the ensemble fixed it. I lose connection with my computer if the computer is idle for a while ( hard disk sleep is OFF)
Old 7th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguy6 View Post
Having problems with strange behavior here as well. This morning, the output of my ensemble was way high. Distorting on even low volume settings. Logic Pro X, iTunes, and YouTube. Hard restart of the ensemble fixed it. I lose connection with my computer if the computer is idle for a while ( hard disk sleep is OFF)
Same issues here. Very frustrating ! Indeed, it happens on all audio applications.

Otherwise I'm (was) very satisfied with my Ensemble.

Anyway, as I'm moving from Logic Pro 9 to Pro Tools 11, I'm thinking about buying a HD Native rig with an Omni I/O. Nonetheless I will miss the two headphones circuits.
Old 7th October 2013
Gear Head

I made the switch from LP9 to PT10. Now I recently bought the Omni PT11HD native i will be on Pro Tools mainly. Now my problem is what to do with the Ensemble? I know I'm going off topic here but can I run Ensemble with the Omni for the extra io or sell it & buy a Digi 192.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search