The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which plugin company do you trust most? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Which plugin company do you trust most?

Whether you're a producer, mixer or ME, which plugin manufacturer do you trust most for your projects?
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Toontrack and Native Instruments
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

+1 for NI

Also:

Waves
Softube
IK Multimedia
Fabfilter
tone2
Soundtoys

The first ones that come to mind, anyway...
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

I trust all of them, until they prove to me that they shouldn't be trusted.

It's iLok that I don't trust.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

waves. never a bug in 10 years, works on every DAW out there on Mac/PC, and every studio I have ever worked at has them.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

i have to say, waves, massey and NI. cant exclude UA also
Old 3rd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
It's iLok that I don't trust.
Thank you!
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

PSP Audioware
Fabfilter
u-he.com

I'm a bit wary of u-he because it's a one man show, but all his plugins are serial based so as long as the hardware can run them, I can authorize them.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Psp & ssl
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Waves
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman View Post
+1 for NI.
I felt that way too until NI discontinued Kore. As a Reaktor user since 1999 I like their products, but lately a lot is left to be desired.

Kore was advertised as the device that united all of NI products. Now they are saying the same about Maschine.

NI indicated Maschine would be a replacement for Kore. After a couple months, the moderator admitted it is not a replacement. As a matter of fact, other than a stripped down browser, and the fact Maschine can host VST's there aren't many other similarities between the 2 products.

Until recently, NI has ignored future development of Reaktor their flagship product.

Their USA support has decreased operating hours. Sometimes you call to hear a recording stating they are too busy, and then get automatically hung up on.
Old 3rd September 2011
Sonnox, PsP, SoundToys.
Old 3rd September 2011
CXP
Gear Maniac

In this order:
1. PSP (cause they invented the Vintage Warmer)
2. PSP (cause they also invented the 608)
3-7.Softube (cause their CL1B is tits)
8-11. Soundtoys (cause they invented Decapitator and EchoBoy)
12-14. Nebula (cause the free Acquavox is worth $300 IMHO)
15-18 Voxengo (cause Sound Delay is on every other track, so it seems)
19-22 Waves (cause I STILL love the Enigma and L2)
23 UAD (cause the NEVE stuff is on point)
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

In no particular order: PSP, Audio Damage, NI (Komplete), XILS, Nomad Factory, Stillwell, Flux, Voxengo, Waves and IK for the products that have been updated (I still avoid Sampletank in current versions of Logic, but then again I don't have a huge need for the packs I own anyway).

And while not plugins I would also add: Plogue Bidule, Cycling74 for MaxMSP & Max4Live, and Adern for a Scope mod addon called Flexor...
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

PSP, IK Multimedia and especially Toontrack. EZ-drummer is cheaper than the cheapest drummic-kit and the results are much better. I bought EZ-drummer+ 4 expansionpacks for not even 200 euro's
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

oh yeah, PSP. can't forget that.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Toontrack - top of the list. Nice, clean interface - all of my products are there for download and (non-iLok) authorization. I recently did a re-install of all of my plug ins. By far and away , Toontrack got the top slot. In terms of quality, SoftTube. NI ok for their non-Ilok scheme, but reinstall and authorization was a nightmare - I had to find an old serial number in an email archive to authorize in the "service center". Abbey Road +. Waves....well, Waves is what it is.

Audio Ease (-) - no means of installing a software program (Altiverb) on a new machine with Lion. Oh the software will work - but the installer code is written for the Power PC platform. Now that Lion has done away with Rosetta to support that - you cannot perform an install. Dissapointing - that code has not been updated in at least 5 years if not more. Not what you would expect. Synthogy has the same issue, but they provide a workaround.
cdlt
Old 3rd September 2011
Administrator

PSP
Fabfilter
Spectrasonics
Synthogy
XLN Audio
Old 3rd September 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

Xfer Records
Valhalla DSP

Many others but these two are in every project..
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Waves, Brainworx, Airwindows, Lexicon
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

1. Spectrasonics

2. Sonic Couture

3. Sonnox

4. Native Instruments
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
I felt that way too until NI discontinued Kore. As a Reaktor user since 1999 I like their products, but lately a lot is left to be desired.

Kore was advertised as the device that united all of NI products. Now they are saying the same about Maschine.

I mean, depends on the intention of the question .... but definitely, luckily people have short term memories :

Spektral Delay, Pro52/53, B4, Kore, Akoustic Piano, etc. etc. I think only Steinberg can top that hahaha ...

So, for having tools support for a long time, for me NI ranges on a level with Steinberg.

Best
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict
Trust

Slate Digital, without a doubt.

I asked them where were my gog/wav samples because I bought SSD from a webpage where they said it includad GOG/WAV samples.

They replied that samples were not included at the time and if I wanted a refund. I still got my SSD and recently I bought Slate Digital Trigger.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for listing us! We appreciate the support! :D
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm honoured to post this after IK Multimedia... you guys have superb plugins!
On with my list of trusted and dependable developers

IK Multimedia
Spectrasonics
Softube
Image Line (Yep!)
Arturia
Waves
Sugarbytes
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
Thanks for listing us! We appreciate the support! :D
I own IK products but I can't say anything about support because I haven't needed it yet.

On the other hand I'm a Line 6 Pod Farm User and Pod Farm 2.5x it's still unusable
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

By trust, the most the most important aspect of trust is working properly. Bug Free. Waves has been bug free for me for over a decade. They always work whether I am in Pro Tools, Logic, Samplitude, Wavelab. I never had to call support for anything and no bugs ever stopped a session. That's trust.

If I have to contact support, or it has bugginess like a Slate or some of the others mentioned, I don't trust them no matter how nice they are on the phone or email. Time is money. However, trust can be earned in the future.

Like and trust are 2 different things. I love soundtoys but don't trust them lately. They have some weird stuff going on with cutting off audio out of the blue since v4.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear
Softube, IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and SoundToys. All TOP NOTCH companies in my eyes! Love the sound I get from the Waves stuff but dislike their WUP system as it works now.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Gearslutz.com App
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

specstrasonic and native instruments
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear
Airwindows, Cockos, Madrona Labs, Five12 and SSL.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search