The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which plugin company do you trust most? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
I felt that way too until NI discontinued Kore. As a Reaktor user since 1999 I like their products, but lately a lot is left to be desired.

Kore was advertised as the device that united all of NI products. Now they are saying the same about Maschine.

NI indicated Maschine would be a replacement for Kore. After a couple months, the moderator admitted it is not a replacement. As a matter of fact, other than a stripped down browser, and the fact Maschine can host VST's there aren't many other similarities between the 2 products.
Just because Maschine is replacing Kore as the new central hub that integrates all NI products from this point forward does not mean that it has to replicate all or any of Kore's features in exactly the same way. In fact, another big difference between Kore and Maschine is that the design of Maschine had simplicity and elegance in mind from its very conception which is clearly evident from actual use. NI has been quite uncompromising in that principle even with all of the groundbreaking features they've added so far. You can tell that they're very careful about maintaining Maschine's advantage of total hands-on workflow and I'm sure they learned a lot to improve upon from the lessons of Kore.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Universal Audio- best support I have encountered yet.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I love my Waves and McDSP plugs
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I feel most comfortable spending money on plugins from:

ValhallaDSP
DMG Audio
Cytomic
Brainworx (SPL/Elysia)
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

I will never buy Native Instruments ever again, not how they hacked off products that I bought leaving me with expensive expiration dates.

I trust UA. I have used their support and they were like EMT's. Waves are right there too.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Fabfilter, Cytomic, Xils Lab, Rob Papen and PSP
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Nut

Universal Audio
DMG Audio
Valhala
Celemony

I don't trust mega-companies like Steinberg or NI although i use their products extensively.They often discontinue and stop supporting products.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4410 View Post
Universal Audio
DMG Audio
Valhala
Celemony

I don't trust mega-companies like Steinberg or NI although i use their products extensively.They often discontinue and stop supporting products.
Your right I dont see why can't make a upgrade path or include the software for free,on at least half of there discontinued software.

That could help a Lil bit.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
Your right I dont see why can't make a upgrade path or include the software for free,on at least half of there discontinued software.
Some things simply have to come to an end. The really important thing here, at least for NI, is that the discontinuation of Kore redirects development resources into Maschine, and Maschine becomes NI’s flagship host instead of the two competing with one another.

As for Kore, NI realized Kore's model based on integrated engines was not going to be sustainable to continue it especially considering the record breaking success of Maschine. But even though Kore is already discontinued, NI is still making updates to it including 64bit support, which is something other companies wouldn't have done so NI definitely deserves credit for that. And there is a crossgrade path to Maschine for Kore owners.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search