The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which plugin company do you trust most? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Nut

Oh, i put IK on the list since they started with their new businessmodel (free amplitube 3, cheap downloads in custom shop)..It's a thing i liked on the Appstore, and it's a thing i like even more in my own DAW.
Old 4th September 2011
UA and Spectrasonics
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

NI (for Reaktor, Massive)

PSP (for NobleQ)

Fabfilter (for Pro-L, Timeless)

Lennar Digital (for Sylenth)

Sugar Bytes (for Effectrix and maybe for Turnado if they make it cheaper!)
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Spectrasonics
Toontrack
Soundtoys
Massey
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear
Waves
Fab Filter
Brainworx
Abbey Road/EMI
Softube
Digidesign
TL
Massey
Elemental Audio System
URS
SPL
Old 5th September 2011
CXP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenBeat View Post
I own IK products but I can't say anything about support because I haven't needed it yet.

On the other hand I'm a Line 6 Pod Farm User and Pod Farm 2.5x it's still unusable
I think Line 6 Pod Farm 2.5 Plat is more than usable
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

PSP

they are listening to us, are on 64 Bit and they are cheap.
What more can i want ?
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lematrix View Post
PSP

they are listening to us, are on 64 Bit and they are cheap.
What more can i want ?
SSLs,Neves etc with their latest technology
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm a bit puzzled by some of the responses.
It seems some people "trust" some companies just because they like some of their products ?
Lennard Digital, really ?? The guy has disappeared for 2 years ! no 64 bit, no support whatsoever, nothing.
NI ? They discontinued Kore just like that, a couple of months ago, enough said.

Personally I trust companies that don't suddenly stop supporting products, are responsive and sort out problems quickly.
So I would say U-he and Xfer records. In particular Steve Duda has to be the most responsive and helpful developer I have ever interacted with.
Old 5th September 2011
Waves and Universal Audio.

"Trust most" means for me that this are solid and big companies, with good support and reputation and where I think in 2 years they will not running out of business.

I don't trust this 1 or 2-man companies in this business.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
I don't trust this 1 or 2-man companies in this business.
i would rather do a "surprise trust fall" at DMG Audio than at Waves...
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Uhe
Softube.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfingers View Post
+1
In this market I think a lot of the larger companies are just as likely to fold overnight as some of the 1 man operations out there so I don't see size as a sign of security in most cases.
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfingers View Post
heh

With this one-man shows I see more a problem that there is often no big financial background to stay in business also when the sales count is lower then expected. I remember to Kjaerhus and I don't know what is up with Lennard Digital. Also Sonalksis seems to have some problems (seems that the company was sold to a Spain company). Elemental Audio (sold years ago to Roger Nichols)...
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

Since recently switching systems... multiple times:

Massey
McDSP
Waves

One of my teachers always said that it would be worth it to hire someone to just keep up on your plug-ins.

I never thought I would agree with him... I was wrong.

ETA: I only noticed one for Sonnox(there may be more)? This is totally in the forefront of my plug purchases for the next year... has anyone had any experience with their stability/upgrade capabilities?

Last edited by BlytheRocks; 5th September 2011 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Sudden thought
Old 5th September 2011
Deleted User
PSP
Camel Audio
Audio Damage

All reliable
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

There is a difference between like and trust. I liked a lot of plug ins, but the companies behind them didn't hold up. I like a lot of current plugs, but will they survive? I don't trust too many of them, but I have put my faith in Waves because they seem to be the most solid survivor likely to be around as long as I will be around. The effects built into Samplitude are pretty decent, too.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

UAD an IK Multimedia - ( 1176 and 2A)!
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict

Spectrasonics and Waves.

I could do 90% of my producing and mixing work with those two brands with top quality results. Really stable and good sounding plugs.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict

East West= best quality I have had so far.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Spectrasonics and Waves.
Old 5th September 2011
Rob Papen
Camel Audio
Spectrasonics
SSL
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

waves and universal audio.
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman View Post
Whether you're a producer, mixer or ME, which plugin manufacturer do you trust most for your projects?
Universal Audio, URS, Voxengo - all superb in terms of support, ease of use & attention to detail. I will always buy a new Voxengo plgin untested, as to date I have never felt let down or ripped off by Aleksey, Bobby Nathan or UAD.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
I'd trust UA more if they put out a Voice of God plug to go alongside their IBP plug. Who wouldn't want to have God as their ace in the hole?

Really, though the trust vs. like discussion is right on. The smaller shops will likely come and go, some to whither away into obscurity. Right now, after just getting $1200 of free plugs from UA, I do REALLY, REALLY like them. But the only thing I trust is that there's gonna be someone out there ready to take my money in exchange for the next new whizbang gotta have it plug in.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Only Camel Audio
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanvl View Post
Oh, i put IK on the list since they started with their new businessmodel (free amplitube 3, cheap downloads in custom shop)..It's a thing i liked on the Appstore, and it's a thing i like even more in my own DAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcm70 View Post
UAD an IK Multimedia - ( 1176 and 2A)!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Trust most does not necessarily mean like the most.

Companies I trust:

Spectrasonics. Eric has a contingency plan for authorization in the event of the unthinkable. I trust the guy.

Cockos. Integrity and honest approach.

Universal Audio. Great sounding, great support.

Toontrack. Great products, great support, and continual development.

Waves. I'm still bitter about the APA fiasco, but overall, the plugins always work without issues and the support is top notch. With Waves, I always know what I am getting and it is generally good.

Companies I no longer trust:

Tritone Digital. I have several hundred dollars of their outstanding plugins. No Windows development.

Native Instruments. Pro 53, B4, Kore ...

TC Electronic. Powercore ... 'nuff said.

Steinberg.
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

Waves
McDsp
IK Multimedia
Cytomic (Everyone buy THE GLUE! Best SSL emulation out there in my opinion. Loaded with awesome features too. And it's only $99)
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
Trust most does not necessarily mean like the most.

Companies I trust:

Spectrasonics. Eric has a contingency plan for authorization in the event of the unthinkable. I trust the guy.

Cockos. Integrity and honest approach.

Universal Audio. Great sounding, great support.

Toontrack. Great products, great support, and continual development.

Waves. I'm still bitter about the APA fiasco, but overall, the plugins always work without issues and the support is top notch. With Waves, I always know what I am getting and it is generally good.

Companies I no longer trust:

Tritone Digital. I have several hundred dollars of their outstanding plugins. No Windows development.

Native Instruments. Pro 53, B4, Kore ...

TC Electronic. Powercore ... 'nuff said.

Steinberg.
That almost matches my list. I'm amazed people can put trust in NI after dumping Kore. Then again many didn't use Kore or understand what it was really about?

I think I'm okay with Steinberg. They just come off to me as slightly arrogant as a company. For example adding features not requested, and then proclaiming it "better" than before even when people beg to change it back.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search