The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 9 & Metric Halo LIO-8 & 003 Rack Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Pro Tools 9 & Metric Halo LIO-8 & 003 Rack

Hello,

Just a quick one for all you Metric Halo users out there...

I'm about to take the plunge and buy the LIO-8...I might push it and get the ULN-8 but I have a few preamps, so I'm not sure if I need to.

Anyway...does anyone know if it's possible to daisy chain the LIO-8 or ULN-8, with the 003Rack via firewire and have them both running as interfaces?

I've heard with CoreAudio that it's possible to use more than one interface...but I don't know anything about it...or if these have to be identical interfaces...or the same brand...or similar...I just don't know!

I ask because I still want the midi and ADAT (using ADAT to run an Expert Sleepers Module...ES-3) functions of the 003Rack.

Obviously more I/O could be useful at some point too. If it helps I'm on PT 9.0.5 on an i5 Quad Core iMac.

Cheers!
Andrew
Old 2nd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.3000 View Post
Hello,

Just a quick one for all you Metric Halo users out there...

I'm about to take the plunge and buy the LIO-8...I might push it and get the ULN-8 but I have a few preamps, so I'm not sure if I need to.

Anyway...does anyone know if it's possible to daisy chain the LIO-8 or ULN-8, with the 003Rack via firewire and have them both running as interfaces?

I've heard with CoreAudio that it's possible to use more than one interface...but I don't know anything about it...or if these have to be identical interfaces...or the same brand...or similar...I just don't know!

I ask because I still want the midi and ADAT (using ADAT to run an Expert Sleepers Module...ES-3) functions of the 003Rack.

Obviously more I/O could be useful at some point too. If it helps I'm on PT 9.0.5 on an i5 Quad Core iMac.

Cheers!
Andrew
The Avid interfaces still talk to PT9 via DAE not Coreaudio., so you can't aggregate them with other interfaces. The only way you can use these 2 together is via the adat port of the 003. It works this way for tighter integration; so you can do things like low latency monitoring via the 003.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search