The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PreSonus FP10 sound problem Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

PreSonus FP10 sound problem

Hello there, I'm new to this forum so don't be harsh if I don't understand some things.
I have problem with my PreSonus FP10 and using it in Cubase/Nuendo 3...the problem is, whenever I arrange my midi drums in addictive drums, or play/record guitar through it, after about 5-15 minutes it just goes to noiseless and I can't hear anything, the signal is gone, and sound is gone!
I tried everything, from changing bit and kh/z but nothing helps, I have to restart my Nuendo/Cubase program and my PreSonus FP10 also to get it working again for another 5/15 minutes
It doesn't matter how my project or PreSonus is set, it always happens.
My setting for project I'm working on now is 48 000kh/z and 24bit and PreSonus alone is also set like that!

I would be very thankful if someone could help me...it's really annoying! :/

EDIT:
My system specs are:
Windows XP SP3
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E8400 @ 3.00Hz
3.00Ghz, 3.50GB of RAM
Graphic card is G-Force 8600 GT
And I have M1Active 520 monitors!

I also disabled 1394 Connection Firewire connection but also no help...

The same problem appears when I try to record guitars it just stops working, sometimes after a minute, sometimes afer 15-20...
and there also appear small cracks while I'm recording guitar/bass in approximately every 20 seconds (doesn't matter which plugin, amplitube, guitar rig, revalver...), and they stay in the recording which is why I have to cut all or record some parts again...really annoying...everything is about 5 times longer than it should be cause of that problem. :(

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search