The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Will generic firewire/usb express cards work with latest macbook pro? Audio Interfaces
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Will generic firewire/usb express cards work with latest macbook pro?

I want to get another firewire port instead of using a firewire hub to output video when using Logic for postproduction since the main firewire port is using my Duet which I have read when the Duet is using a firehub can cause issues.

I noticed a few firewire/usb express cards on Ebay but it does not state whether it is compatible with a Mac. I am thinking it could be like other items on Ebay where the computer stuff only mentions PC compatibility due to higher sales from PC.

Anyone have used generic express cards similar to these and did they have any issues with it? They all look the same on Ebay.
Will generic firewire/usb express cards work with latest macbook pro?Firewire 1394A Express Card 1 Port USB+2 Ports COMBO | eBay

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search