The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What exactly is Metaphysical Function? Other Controllers
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

What exactly is Metaphysical Function?

I randomly loaded the sound for the first time today in Kore 2 and was surprised that there was sound coming out without hitting any midi-keys. It sounds cool and all but I'm not sure what usage it has besides listening and tweaking it live. I can't really seem to use it on a project either unless you would directly record the sound as it plays since midi-input won't put it down.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Anyone?
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
It's a Reaktor ensemble that auto-generates sound variations according to some repetitive envelopes, LFOs, etc...I don't know what it looks like in Kore, but it was also released as a standalone with very limited user interface. If you have Reaktor you can get the full version and get into its guts.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

It was an ambient noise generator given free to most people, but created for reaktor users to dig into the device and explore some of the capabilities that were new(ish) at the time.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks, I have Reactor 5 but not sure how to put it down on a track since it's just playing non-stop
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

It's an ambient drone synth. So yes, it will sound as soon as you fire it up.
You can mess around with it, tune it to your liking, and essentially sample chunks of it to use here 'n there.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

What the best way to record it into a project?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search