The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
imaging colapsing on pt 9 le
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

imaging colapsing on pt 9 le

hey,

just curious if anyone else has noticed this. Seems that the imaging in pt9 le starts to collapse a bit with the more tracks/plugins you use. I am use to working on tdm systems and am just giving the le thing a whirl. My ears could be tired as it has been a long day but i swear it seems that the harder you hit the cpu on a native pt system something starts to fold.

could just be me....any thoughts?

ej
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
hey,

just curious if anyone else has noticed this. Seems that the imaging in pt9 le starts to collapse a bit with the more tracks/plugins you use. I am use to working on tdm systems and am just giving the le thing a whirl. My ears could be tired as it has been a long day but i swear it seems that the harder you hit the cpu on a native pt system something starts to fold.

could just be me....any thoughts?

ej
1 - there's no PT9 LE, wish people would stop using this as a term - it just gets confusing!

2 - nope, I've not noticed that at all. You're using different converters,right? In a different environment? That's much more likely to have an effect on what you're hearing. If you gain stage properly, the 2 engines SHOULD (and in simplistic terms at least have been proved to) produce identical results.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Addict

If anything I've found the mixes I've done in 9 sound better... delay compensation may have a lot to do with that though...
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Tony Sheppard mentioned to me something about pt native not sounding as good as pt hd when you really start to push it hard. this was back when there was a big debate over whether to keep tdm or ditch ti for native...which i am still on the fence.

you are right though...i am in a foreign studio...matter of fact in a foreign country (your neck of the woods psyco) using aura lynx and dyn audios....i'm use to ns 10 with a bryston 4b and digi 192 clocked by big ben.

i did seem that something changed them harder i pushed the system though... but it really just could be me.

ej
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Tony Sheppard mentioned to me something about pt native not sounding as good as pt hd when you really start to push it hard. this was back when there was a big debate over whether to keep tdm or ditch ti for native...which i am still on the fence.

you are right though...i am in a foreign studio...matter of fact in a foreign country (your neck of the woods psyco) using aura lynx and dyn audios....i'm use to ns 10 with a bryston 4b and digi 192 clocked by big ben.

i did seem that something changed them harder i pushed the system though... but it really just could be me.

ej
haha which studio are you in?

I don't know about that - if anything, Native should sound more "true" when pushed because of the floating point headroom. But who knows if "better" is the same thing as "true".

Are you working ITB totally?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search