The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase 5 issue. Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Cubase 5 issue.

When I start a track at 120 bpm the piano roll matches up. the lower i take the tempo the longer the midi notes become to keep note values. i tired in musical and linaer mode neither fix this. What is going on?
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Heres an example of what Im talking about. I would have to drag that note in the piano roll to where it says 2.5 to keep a value of a whole note (1 bar)

http://oi52.tinypic.com/97md5y.jpg
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

How do I set it so 1st beat of every bar is a beat? I turn on click and its all over the place
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

You just set the timebase to musical.

In the inspector the clock icon turns to a yellow musical note.

This gif shows me changing tempo before & after changing timebase, you can see that after it's changed to musical, the notes stay on the beat.

Cubase 5 issue.-cb.gif
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Trust me I tried musical and linear. When its set to musical it keeps note values but it stretchs the midi note to keep value. It leaves the piano roll out of whack with the tempo. Ok, say I do something at a 95BPM and turn on metranome the first the second beat/measure it clicks on is a quater bar into the piano roll. Get what Im saying? Ill fraps it if I have to.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

So if you try to do exactly what I did in the gif it moves the notes off the beat??
Old 4th September 2011
Here for the gear

I had to delete my pref folder. Everything is fine now.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search