The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Addict

Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds

Have you tried this library?, is it a good library?. i know, the demos sound very good, etc., but I bought Alicia's Keys for the demos and I realized that it was not what I expected (even my Kurzweil k2661 sounded better), so i dont want to waste my money without a little help first.

Thanks!!

(second question and last for now)

thanks to all the kind people that could help me!
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

It appears to be a bit of a one trick pony type library. Initially impressive as you hear all the runs and riffs but it's going to get really stale after you've used it on a few tracks. The riffs and scales can be easily played in with most libraries that are out there but what this library seems to lack is a good range of the simple straight instruments ... but that's kind of the point. This product is great if you don't want to try too hard but want impressive results.... if you know how to use it in the right way it can work well for you but there again if you know how to properly use this library you'll also recognize the limitations of the patches too......... If it's cheap then go for it but I doubt if you'll use it much once the initial sparkle wears off.

Beer.
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Addict

mmm yes, that is the same I thought... it seems it is a bit limited. it would be great if the preset runs could be edited. It sounds great and convincing in the demos anyway. I am just wondering how many totally playable instruments it has.

thanks for the answer!

ps: this is the most active forum I have ever visited... my questions were answered in a record time!
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermaster View Post
It appears to be a bit of a one trick pony type library. Initially impressive as you hear all the runs and riffs but it's going to get really stale after you've used it on a few tracks. The riffs and scales can be easily played in with most libraries that are out there but what this library seems to lack is a good range of the simple straight instruments ... but that's kind of the point. This product is great if you don't want to try too hard but want impressive results.... if you know how to use it in the right way it can work well for you but there again if you know how to properly use this library you'll also recognize the limitations of the patches too......... If it's cheap then go for it but I doubt if you'll use it much once the initial sparkle wears off.

Beer.
Yep...it's very good at what it does, but what is does is very limited. I recently removed it from my basic palet. Honestly, a composer would only use the John Williams-esque woodwind flurries in an adventure/fantasy score OR in a big time trailer. The former is usually a big budget film (very few of us will get that gig) and the latter is rapidly becoming a dying market compared to what it was just 5 or so years ago.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Addict

do you recommend a woodwind library to consider?. I am seriously interested in getting one.

thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search