The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee alternative on a PC Audio Interfaces
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Nut

Apogee alternative on a PC

Hi all

I use an apogee duet as bread and butter. I am a mac person , but also do own a new i7 pc, used mainly for gaming. But I like to stay fit on both platforms and even if it's just for knowing why I use mac's for audio.

I use logic and cubase 50/50, so I like trial some cubase under win 7.

what AD/audio cards can you guys recommend that is kinda on par with a apogee's converters on a pc (no midi needed), and still doesn't cost a multiple above a duet. (2 or 4 channels - I do not need more ).

Any advise?
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leechlife View Post
Hi all

I use an apogee duet as bread and butter. I am a mac person , but also do own a new i7 pc, used mainly for gaming. But I like to stay fit on both platforms and even if it's just for knowing why I use mac's for audio.

I use logic and cubase 50/50, so I like trial some cubase under win 7.

what AD/audio cards can you guys recommend that is kinda on par with a apogee's converters on a pc (no midi needed), and still doesn't cost a multiple above a duet. (2 or 4 channels - I do not need more ).

Any advise?
Lynx or RME are my favorites, got no idea about price though. To me, Mytek and Lavry are mid-line converters, Apogee is good but not on a par with them, Lynx converters sits well with if not above Apogee, RME a little below. Probably not enough to notice in many situations. (I use RME cards with Mytek converters.) But I haven't listened to the newer crop of Apogees, they may be better. Still, it is a pretty small increment between the Mytek, Lavry, Benchmark, Lynx, and Apogee. Probably as much personal opinion as anything.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search