The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4441
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
What's funny to me here is that people just want to challenge for the sake of it. Most people who come in here with their own opinions of a product have not contributed any tests, screen shots or any evidence. It's all hearsay. So please everyone ...If you're going to talk. Put your money where your mouth is. Upload your results using rtl utility. Put your interface through its paces. I personally don't care what scott storch or Billie Eilish uses... Lol. They aren't me! I've got different needs and for me from my experience, my tests, I have found RME to be the most consistent and least headachey interface out there.
I also have given two other interfaces that I think are good. This thread is about Latency and Stability. It's not about what Jarule had for breakfast or which interface Alicia keys used on her first record. It's not about how "rock solid" your motu system is.... Unless you bring us results. Round Trip Latency
Dude nothing is perfect. I've even explained I have no issues with my setup and the latency is extremely low enough to get the job done. Why are so you worried about latency numbers when you should be making music right now?

Most interfaces have significant low enough latency to get the job done which is a fact!!! No one cares how great RME is when there are others out there doing just fine. This entire thread is extremely basis to RME as all I see is a bunch of RME fanboys belittling other manufacturers and think their drivers are so very bad, aren't good enough and thinks RME is so superior. All I see is people trying to convince others to ditch their interface for an RME as a sells pitch that you should only buy RME products and forget the rest because you think RME is God and perfect. If Chris Lord-Alge was in this thread he would say who gives a [email protected]*#?!! Who cares?! It's just an instrument a tool that we use. The industry doesn't care what you use, neither does the listener. Enough said. Don't bother responding to me again because I'm done.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4442
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAT View Post
I do have to wonder at someone being so triggered being called out using their own inane analogies and attempts at trolling.

Hmmm, so reporting empirically on comparative driver performance using set benchmarking procedures, which RME just happens to be performing best in, equates to "fanboyism" .

Check.

Highlighting personal experiences with Lynx AES16e cards , which I had kept under the radar for all these years, and simply swept the steps when required with my professional end users navigating the issues, which I should remind you, was only voiced after you rattled that cage, is now contempt, in capitals even, oh the drama !!

No, thats voicing direct experience!

Just because you didn't like the answer, is not proof of anything except you being a little too emotionally invested.

And you are still trying so desperately to corner me on a personal level about what my preferences are in regards interfaces, trying to edge an assumption of bias.

Give it a rest !

I have had a wall of interfaces over the years , many tested and reported I bought and used in varying capacities in my DAW business and studio. I have preferred multiple brands over the years, including and still using a Lynx 2 on one of my studio systems, I also have RME on another system. I use what best suits my requirements.

What ever indeed !


Hmm. Under an evacuation alert, a mile from the biggest wildfire in history with smoke seeping into my bunker, do I want to focus on that or on another internet narcissist who can't handle criticism or compliments? I'll pick the fire. Disengaging now . . . back to the regularly scheduled RME infomercial.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4443
Lives for gear
 
TAFKAT's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
What's funny to me here is that people just want to challenge for the sake of it.
I find it quite exhausting to be honest , and the accusations of bias are coming from those that have a clear and obvious bias against a particular brand, in this instance, RME, and even more ridiculous, have no idea of what the whole premise of the thread and the data presented represents for those that actually understand what is being discussed.

For all the years of presenting and sharing this data, for the most part I have purposely not given personal opinions or recommendation, focusing purely on testing and giving a summary of the delivered performance of the drivers.

Have I voiced views on poorly performing drivers, of course, which is par for the course, but I haven't specifically targeted and trashed brands over another, nor have I been sprucing for one brand over another, thats not the focus of this thread.

That members have used the data and found it beneficial, then have voiced the performance improvements they have personally experienced on this thread, has somehow triggered a few overly emotional trolls into thinking its a direct attack against them and their choice of interface they are using.

The dismissal that LLP is not important purely focusing on RTL is already proving they have missed the point, as I have said countless times over the years..

Quote:
"Delivered I/O and RTL is only 1/2 the equation, the other 1/2 which is equally if not more important is the efficiency and stability at the respective preferred working latencies"
I need to pop it in my signature perhaps, LOL

For those that understand and have requirements that depend and leverage on that specific spec, well you have found the correct thread.

For those that don't, then move along, plenty of threads re comparative AD/DA, Mic Pre's, features sets , which producer uses what brand, etc, etc

The anti RME AD/DA argument presented by the latest participants is especially exhausting for me, it would be like me entering a specific thread about comparative converter spec/quality, and then dismissing the discussion by saying, but yeh, who cares, that's irrelevant, the drivers suck ?? !!! LOL !

Its been an ongoing cyclic, regurgitated recital across numerous dedicated AD/DA threads for years, which have had some hilarious blind test results when the haters in some instances were choosing the RME converters over brand XYZ.

Awkward !!

I Digress.

I see now this has devolved into personal attacks against me because I dared call out and highlight some points and dared defend myself against the unwarranted accusations and assumptions.

I am not going to directly respond or engage with that level of individual here again, the work and results speak for themselves.

If members want to question the results and can present data to qualify their questions, fine, I will be happy to engage, review and investigate, if all that can be presented is slurs, slights and accusations , they are wasting everyone's time.

Peace and out !


Last edited by TAFKAT; 4 weeks ago at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Amended typo*
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4444
Here for the gear
 

I for one am grateful for all the work you have done Vin.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4445
Here for the gear
 

Apogee USB drivers (Mac vs Windows)

Thanks for all the benchmarks Vin!

Helped me out a lot as I am looking into upgrading my Apogee Duet (latest gen model). So I actually ran RTL utility on the Duet to check how it does latency wise.

I've attached a 3 way screenshot compilation with Mojave + Catalina + Win10 results, and the separate Mojave and windows 10 results as well.

The macOS RTL results came out pretty decent, I then tried the duet on my gaming rig. Holy hell, I couldn't believe my eyes at the higher sample rates.

Installed live and Protools on windows to test if it was actually usable.
YES!! 64 buffer @ 88.2khz worked perfectly.
It was 3.55ms RTL and under 2ms on the output.

But then I though maybe my iMac is dying or something. Nope! Re-ran the tests on a different mac -- bootcamped the iMac -- same exact results on all devices.

Weirdly, Catalina RTLs were a bit slower than Mojave. But the windows results really makes me wonder why apogee didn't implement better drivers for macOS.

Anyways, I still need macOS for Logic Pro. Just need to find me a low latency 4in/4out interface that's better than the duet.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base-duet-rtl-comparison.jpg   Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base-duet-rtl-mojave.jpg   Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base-duet-rtl-win10.jpg  

Last edited by arizom; 3 weeks ago at 11:03 AM.. Reason: uploaded corrected screenshots
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4446
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizom View Post
Thanks for all the benchmarks Vin!

Helped me out a lot as I am looking into upgrading my Apogee Duet (latest gen model). So I actually ran RTL utility on the Duet to check how it does latency wise.

I've attached a 3 way screenshot compilation with Mojave + Catalina + Win10 results, and the separate Mojave and windows 10 results as well.

The macOS RTL results came out pretty decent, I then tried the duet on my gaming rig. Holy hell, I couldn't believe my eyes at the higher sample rates.

Installed live and Protools on windows to test if it was actually usable.
YES!! 64 buffer @ 88.2khz worked perfectly.
It was 3.55ms RTL and under 2ms on the output.

But then I though maybe my iMac is dying or something. Nope! Re-ran the tests on a different mac -- bootcamped the iMac -- same exact results on all devices.

Weirdly, Catalina RTLs were a bit slower than Mojave. But the windows results really makes me wonder why apogee didn't implement better drivers for macOS.

Anyways, I still need macOS for Logic Pro. Just need to find me a low latency 4in/4out interface that's better than the duet.
It's not necessarily about creating better drivers.

ASIO was designed for super low latency with a single audio device. It's a very thin layer over the device itself. Windows doesn't get involved in much of anything with it.

The moment you add other features, like audio aggregation, time sync, resampling, plugins, and more, your stack becomes heavier and, typically, latency goes up.

This is the main reason why we decided not to add some more musician-focused features (after we did the basic latency work) to our own WASAPI audio stack. It would never perform as well as ASIO, and if we added audio device aggregation as requested, hardly anyone ever use it. Many folks *said* they would, but then you notice the focus on latency they have, and you realize that they wouldn't actually be happy with the tradeoffs.

I've never done a broad study to see how universal the performance differences are (I suspect they vary), but that's my explanation.

Pete
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 View Post
It's not necessarily about creating better drivers.

ASIO was designed for super low latency with a single audio device. It's a very thin layer over the device itself. Windows doesn't get involved in much of anything with it.

The moment you add other features, like audio aggregation, time sync, resampling, plugins, and more, your stack becomes heavier and, typically, latency goes up.

This is the main reason why we decided not to add some more musician-focused features (after we did the basic latency work) to our own WASAPI audio stack. It would never perform as well as ASIO, and if we added audio device aggregation as requested, hardly anyone ever use it. Many folks *said* they would, but then you notice the focus on latency they have, and you realize that they wouldn't actually be happy with the tradeoffs.

I've never done a broad study to see how universal the performance differences are (I suspect they vary), but that's my explanation.

Pete
Here were my apogee duet findings for Windows.
One was the protools model the other the windows model.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base-screenshot_20200926-104401.jpg   Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base-screenshot_20200926-104357.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4448
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 View Post
It's not necessarily about creating better drivers.

ASIO was designed for super low latency with a single audio device. It's a very thin layer over the device itself. Windows doesn't get involved in much of anything with it.

The moment you add other features, like audio aggregation, time sync, resampling, plugins, and more, your stack becomes heavier and, typically, latency goes up.

This is the main reason why we decided not to add some more musician-focused features (after we did the basic latency work) to our own WASAPI audio stack. It would never perform as well as ASIO, and if we added audio device aggregation as requested, hardly anyone ever use it. Many folks *said* they would, but then you notice the focus on latency they have, and you realize that they wouldn't actually be happy with the tradeoffs.

I've never done a broad study to see how universal the performance differences are (I suspect they vary), but that's my explanation.

Pete
Thanks for the explanation Pete, most helpful. I definitely have much to learn about this topic, basically just started researching yesterday.

Most of my initial knowledge was indicating that most low-mid range USB interfaces (for e.g Audient) perform better on mac than windows (due to core audio). Obviously, this could be a case of poorly written drivers on the windows side and not necessarily exceptionality on the mac driver side.

But we do have manufacturers like motu and RME who have written drivers for macOS that perform exceptionally well, like their ASIO counterpart. (Correct me if I'm mistaken - my source is this thread) So what are they doing at a driver level that gets their ASIO and core audio results to be so close?

It would be invaluable to users if there was a database made for macOS as well. Not only would that open the benchmark up to mac-only devices, but will also allow for under-performing interfaces to perhaps redeem themselves on another OS.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4449
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
Here were my apogee duet findings for Windows.
One was the protools model the other the windows model.
Hi!
The protools version screenshot is not legible from my screen, but I'm assuming its latency is a lot higher. Your regular RTL numbers are still a bit higher than my win10 numbers, and even my Mojave numbers (with one exception at 64 buffer).

But that's only at 44.1khz, where I see a HUGE difference between macOS & windows is at the higher sample rates.

If you haven't already, it may help if you turn off usb power suspension and fastboot in power management, and dis-allow power saving sleep by unchecking it on all the USB root hubs from device manager.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4450
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360studios15 View Post
Why are so you worried about latency. Most interfaces have significant low enough latency to get the job done which is a fact!!!
Dude, it depends what the job is.

I have whole band playing live thru Reaper via RME UCX with custom in ear mixes for each member, plus FOH mix plus subwoofer output.

The few milliseconds of latency that you think are irrelevant make or break my whole use case. Once the latency makes the drummer or bass player struggle to keep the beat the whole system becomes useless.
Not to mention the consequence of system crashing in front of audience.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4451
Lives for gear
In case folks are interested, looks like there are some significant RME price drops in effect for the next two days or so on Sweetwater (maybe others). Seriously thinking about upgrading my Fireface but then again, if it ain’t broke. Curious if updated interfaces may be coming out soon with the new converter tech and this is just clearing some inventory.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4452
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
In case folks are interested, looks like there are some significant RME price drops in effect for the next two days or so on Sweetwater (maybe others). Seriously thinking about upgrading my Fireface but then again, if it ain’t broke. Curious if updated interfaces may be coming out soon with the new converter tech and this is just clearing some inventory.
Sadly not the case here in Australia where the prices are still the highest they've ever been.

The Fireface UCX was $1759 AUD before the pandemic begun, and now it's at $2199 AUD on sale for example.

This is the primary reason I'm sticking with my Clarett 2Pre Thunderbolt which honestly works pretty well on Windows (despite the higher RTL which means I need to run at a lower buffer size than normal).
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4453
Lives for gear
 
TAFKAT's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizom View Post
Thanks for all the benchmarks Vin!

Helped me out a lot as I am looking into upgrading my Apogee Duet (latest gen model). So I actually ran RTL utility on the Duet to check how it does latency wise.

I've attached a 3 way screenshot compilation with Mojave + Catalina + Win10 results, and the separate Mojave and windows 10 results as well.

The macOS RTL results came out pretty decent, I then tried the duet on my gaming rig. Holy hell, I couldn't believe my eyes at the higher sample rates.



Hey A,

I created a side by side from your photos to make it easier to see the full range on both platforms

Interesting results on Windows 10, there have been reports of improved drivers on the Apogee of late, coinciding with the new Symphony Desktop interface release.

Its is good to see similar/better numbers cross platform for some of these OEM driven units.

The numbers are definitely an improvement over the standard Thesycon rollouts, but I did notice an interesting behavioural fingerprint that hints at the OEM driver used, and it has similar fingerprint to another popular USB interface which purposely mislabels their control panel, where as Apogee does not :-)

The last piece of the puzzle will be the efficiency and stability at these respective latencies.

Old 3 weeks ago
  #4454
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizom View Post
Thanks for the explanation Pete, most helpful. I definitely have much to learn about this topic, basically just started researching yesterday.

Most of my initial knowledge was indicating that most low-mid range USB interfaces (for e.g Audient) perform better on mac than windows (due to core audio). Obviously, this could be a case of poorly written drivers on the windows side and not necessarily exceptionality on the mac driver side.

But we do have manufacturers like motu and RME who have written drivers for macOS that perform exceptionally well, like their ASIO counterpart. (Correct me if I'm mistaken - my source is this thread) So what are they doing at a driver level that gets their ASIO and core audio results to be so close?

It would be invaluable to users if there was a database made for macOS as well. Not only would that open the benchmark up to mac-only devices, but will also allow for under-performing interfaces to perhaps redeem themselves on another OS.
Unfortunately, there are really only 2 or 3 actual USB Audio ASIO drivers out there, and almost all companies with USB Audio use a very minimally customized version of one of them.

I haven't looked at perf numbers on USB on mac, but it wouldn't surprise me if Apple was able to write a better/faster driver for those devices.

We have an in-box USB Audio Class 2 driver, but it's not optimized for low-latency audio.

Pete
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4455
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
Dude, it depends what the job is.

I have whole band playing live thru Reaper via RME UCX with custom in ear mixes for each member, plus FOH mix plus subwoofer output.

The few milliseconds of latency that you think are irrelevant make or break my whole use case. Once the latency makes the drummer or bass player struggle to keep the beat the whole system becomes useless.
Not to mention the consequence of system crashing in front of audience.
Yeah tell that to tell all the top record producers in the industry that used non RME products that recorded bands with no issues. Even before that when everything was recorded on a 48 track Sony Dash. Still who cares what you use. There is no perfect audio interface. Its subjective. Use what you wanna use. I could care less how great your RME interface is. I'm happy with my system with very low latency. Stop trying to make it look like every interface on the market is inferior to your RME.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4456
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360studios15 View Post
Yeah tell that to tell all the top record producers in the industry that used non RME products that recorded bands with no issues. Even before that when everything was recorded on a 48 track Sony Dash. Still who cares what you use. There is no perfect audio interface. Its subjective. Use what you wanna use. I could care less how great your RME interface is. I'm happy with my system with very low latency.
Stop trying to make it look like every interface on the market is inferior to your RME.
Stop trolling this thread!

It was already written in previous posts, there's clear context, where RME interfaces were recommended, similarly like some interfaces from other brands, which has very good low latency performance. That's what we discuss here.

You're fighting own strawman, that someone here is claiming, you have no other choice in general - nobody told that, it's ridiculous.
Furthermore you deliberately confusing audio interfaces, standalone converters, tape machines (sic!) and vastly different use cases, workflows..

Only to ultimately tell us, that performance ranking, objective measurements and related discussion (eg. whole point of this very thread) are irrelevant and you're happy with your current audio interface.

If that's your sole message, it was well heard. Now you can go away and enlighten someone else - for instance in your own thread about what's really important besides low latency performance.

Michal
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4457
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Stop trolling this thread!

It was already written in previous posts, there's clear context, where RME interfaces were recommended, similarly like some interfaces from other brands, which has very good low latency performance. That's what we discuss here.

You're fighting own strawman, that someone here is claiming, you have no other choice in general - nobody told that, it's ridiculous.
Furthermore you deliberately confusing audio interfaces, standalone converters, tape machines (sic!) and vastly different use cases, workflows..

Only to ultimately tell us, that performance ranking, objective measurements and related discussion (eg. whole point of this very thread) are irrelevant and you're happy with your current audio interface.

If that's your sole message, it was well heard. Now you can go away and enlighten someone else - for instance in your own thread about what's really important besides low latency performance.

Michal
The only trolls I see is RME fanboys boasting about how great RME interfaces are. So what! Everyone uses products of different brands. Digidesign, MOTU and Apogee has been around a lot longer than RME since the 80s. brk303 makes it seem like I can't accomplish what he can do because I don't own an RME interface which is non-sense! None of these test matters in the real world. The top producers, recording Engineers and Mixers in the world has been successful without the need of an RME interface. You all stop replying to me and leave me alone.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4458
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
People have been talking about all kinds of different interfaces in this thread.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4459
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
People have been talking about all kinds of different interfaces in this thread.
Yet people have been belittling manufacturers and saying you can't do this and that unless you own an RME product. I produce and record bands, worked with pop, and Hip Hop Artists, there is nothing getting in the way of my work flow, nor latency is an issue in the real world. That's why none of this stuff matters. So what if you have an RME interface, as long as it gets the job done. Who cares. It's just a tool.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4460
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
If you don't care, then don't worry about it. There is no problem.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360studios15 View Post
Yet people have been belittling manufacturers and saying you can't do this and that unless you own an RME product. I produce and record bands, worked with pop, and Hip Hop Artists, there is nothing getting in the way of my work flow, nor latency is an issue in the real world. That's why none of this stuff matters. So what if you have an RME interface, as long as it gets the job done. Who cares. It's just a tool.

Didn't you say to stop worrying about Latency and go make music? Go make music and stop trolling. We're bringing real life results. It's not fanboyism. Lol. It's Trollism.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4462
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
Didn't you say to stop worrying about Latency and go make music? Go make music and stop trolling. We're bringing real life results. It's not fanboyism. Lol. It's Trollism.
Stop responding to me! You guys keep going on and on. I clearly said not to reply to me again. Can you not read? I've made my point which is very clear. Theres a difference between getting my point across rather than trolling. You can go back to studying your RME while I make hits. Bye!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4463
Gear Maniac
 

Speaking of studying RME, I dying to know the test results of the new RME AIO Pro Now back to making hits.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4464
Lives for gear
 
throbert's Avatar
 

come on guys, ignore this piece of crap, put it on ignore or report it for abuse.
If I could I'd wrap it in shrink wrap, duct tape and toss it in the dump for the
way it treated my good friend Vin, screw that Ahole.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4465
Lives for gear
 
TAFKAT's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupiraille View Post
Speaking of studying RME, I dying to know the test results of the new RME AIO Pro Now back to making hits.
Stocks haven't landed in Oz as yet unfortunately, but I have a close friend and colleague in the UK who has beat me to the punch with getting in front of one.

I have asked for some I/O and RTL details to get an idea of what the new converters have delivered in that area.

I'll knock out the comparative benchmark results when I get one.

Stay Tuned.

Old 3 weeks ago
  #4466
Lives for gear
 
TAFKAT's Avatar
 

Quick heads up that the new DAWbench Radio Show episode is now uploaded.

DAWbench Radio Show.

Episode 06 : Windows and DAW's : 25 Years in the Making !

Podcast Home Page : Here

Spotify : Here

iTunes and Apple Podcasts. Here

I am joined by special guest Pete Brown who is a Principal Program Manager for Windows & Devices / PAX at Microsoft.

We cover our first forum encounters, Pete's personal history navigating Music Tech and early forays into computers, his path to Microsoft and eventual position of being a direct liaison to the Music and Audio Tech community.

We also discuss his personal studio/synth cave and his mega hardware MIDI rig , sharing some collective musing about some favourite synths of the day.

We then navigate down 25 years of Hits and Misses with Windows operating systems for DAW usage, cover some of the more recent curves being navigated with W10 , and share some behind the scenes insights of how we have worked in collaboration to get some wins across the line that directly benefited the Windows Audio community.

We also cover some upcoming features in the MIDI stack that Pete is directly involved in and much more.

Enjoy and please give some feedback

Old 3 weeks ago
  #4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAT View Post
Quick heads up that the new DAWbench Radio Show episode is now uploaded.

DAWbench Radio Show.

Episode 06 : Windows and DAW's : 25 Years in the Making !

Podcast Home Page : Here

Spotify : Here

iTunes and Apple Podcasts. Here

I am joined by special guest Pete Brown who is a Principal Program Manager for Windows & Devices / PAX at Microsoft.

We cover our first forum encounters, Pete's personal history navigating Music Tech and early forays into computers, his path to Microsoft and eventual position of being a direct liaison to the Music and Audio Tech community.

We also discuss his personal studio/synth cave and his mega hardware MIDI rig , sharing some collective musing about some favourite synths of the day.

We then navigate down 25 years of Hits and Misses with Windows operating systems for DAW usage, cover some of the more recent curves being navigated with W10 , and share some behind the scenes insights of how we have worked in collaboration to get some wins across the line that directly benefited the Windows Audio community.

We also cover some upcoming features in the MIDI stack that Pete is directly involved in and much more.

Enjoy and please give some feedback

Can I quote this? I think Windows has done great lately at making my music computer more stable. I still wish that the MIDI bluetooth could be seen by the DAWS but as I have heard Pete say before it is something each app developer has to put an API in order to get. But not Apple. For some reason every MIDI bluetooth gets seen by Apple without a blip.

The guy at the top 360studios15 who said that the latency is not very relevant (I'm paraphrasing) may be on to something. I use rather older M Audio Fast Track Ultras and they are good enough to get a jam going if I set up the outputs just right to monitor.

I would just like to say about this interface thing that it's the end after the audio reaches the computer (via the interface) and after it gets sent back out of the computer, that causes the problems with latency. I found the only way to play guitar was to *somehow* route the guitar's output to the interface's output, while also routing the drum's output to it's interface output while still sending everything thru to the external monitor of my room in the world wide web. I find that bluetooth headphones are the weakest link but they do keep my Windows Sound panel busy setting them as default for my rainmeter vu meter and OBS to use.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4468
Lives for gear
 
TS-12's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360studios15 View Post
Bare in mind that RME isn't for everyone. Some people may not like the sound. There is no perfect interface out there. Everyone has their own preference on what they use doesn't matter of you use Apogee, Motu, Lynx, Prism, Lavry, Presonus or what ever. Real world use is more important than scientific metrics. If RME was too perfect there would be no other brands. There are manufacturers that still makes better converters than RME. There are some that are on the cutting edge. Its getting to the point that this feels like an RME biased thread and to boast about how great RME is. That's not what this thread should be about to buy only RME, this and that and forget everything else. I've chosen MOTU for the vaule of the money and from my bad experiences with Focusrite but I'm not going to purchase an RME just because how great the drivers are. The sound quality and functionally also plays a big role too esp when you get into scalability and expansion. So far I'm happy with my system and its rock solid. Nothing to complain about.
what do you mean some people might not like the sound ? RME has really clean sound, and that's what you want for interface, especially at the output stage.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4469
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
what do you mean some people might not like the sound ? RME has really clean sound, and that's what you want for interface, especially at the output stage.
I don't think, it's good idea to repeatedly quote him. Whole debate not related to low latency performance really clutter the topic and is better suited for other threads.

Michal
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4470
@ Braindedzluney

Moved reply on MIDI to here:
Windows 10 is rolling out... share your experiences here

Last edited by Psychlist1972; 3 weeks ago at 10:14 PM..
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 2118 views: 348441
Avatar for Dan O
Dan O 1 week ago
replies: 61 views: 9454
Avatar for Transistor
Transistor 21st February 2015
replies: 486 views: 126665
Avatar for blackcom
blackcom 14th September 2020
replies: 119 views: 26304
Avatar for LarsErik
LarsErik 2nd February 2020
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump