Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Music Computers (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/)
-   -   Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/618474-audio-interface-low-latency-performance-data-base.html)

Dallon426 16th February 2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13815585)
Hello everybody! I have just registered in this big forum and I hope I can learn a lot and help something at least (I read much pro information here). I have been reading for a while because I am in my search of the ideal Audio Interface (budget/performance) that I need. And the question of the quote is the one that made me register. My experience was BAD (in my case!). I'll tell you guys, is long but interesting I think:

I have been producing about 10 years with my old Line 6 UX2 (I am Metalhawk on Youtube). I decided to give the jump to use the new gen of great amp sims (Bias Fx, Mercuriall, etc) and after long time reading I thought the simple Audient iD4 was perfect to me because I read about great quality and I don't need more than 2 simultaneous inputs.

I bought 2 weeks ago a DT-770 Pro 250 headphones and the Audient iD4. I downloaded the last drivers (v4) and my experience has been awful. I was struggling with constant pops and dropouts, I had no opportunity of recording anything or playing with no pops, no matter the configuration buffer used. This made me upgrade my HDD to a 250 GB SSD because I thought it could be the solution but NO. The performance improved a lot but still far away... so far away.

After this I thought: FU**, MY LAPTOP IS THE PROBLEM (i5 3th gen is not enough...)!!. Fortunately a friend has de M-Audio 2x2 and I borrowed it. But I was no optimist because you know... reputation of M-Audio vs Audient :tut:. For my surprise the stability of the even cheapest M-Audio 2x2 absolutely destroyed the Audient. I can handle with 10 bias FX and Addictive Drums recording with NO DROPOUT.

So now I returned back to Music Store the iD4 and I am waiting for my new interface in my local shop, I decided finally the Presonus Studio 24 (at this point I would like to know about what you think about the chose). I did not suffer about latency issues with the 2x2, could be worse this Studio 24 in that aspects. I will keep informing. Sorry for this big first post bumpkin

The only good interface presonus made is the quantum. Reread the test results for some clarity.

METALHAWK 16th February 2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallon426 (Post 13816070)
The only good interface presonus made is the quantum. Reread the test results for some clarity.

And between 2x2 and Studio 24? Which one would you choose? I understad the Quantum is other level in everything: budget and performance but in my case, to me the 2x2 works awesome. Do you think that the Studio 24 is worse?

Dallon426 16th February 2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13816181)
And between 2x2 and Studio 24? Which one would you choose? I understad the Quantum is other level in everything: budget and performance but in my case, to me the 2x2 works awesome. Do you think that the Studio 24 is worse?

Neither. I would get an Apogee Duet. But if I wanted to up my budget and be certain that I would have no issues then I would purchase any RME USB interface, if USB was your only choice. If you can do thunderbolt 3 then you have more options.
If I was on a budget with TB3 I would undoubtedly get a UAD Arrow. It is stable and has RTL a touch higher than the RME Babyface pro.
If I wanted a USB interface I would look at what I needed. Personally, I am living in Spain and do not need more than two mic inputs right now because I am no longer recording bands. Just solo vocals and guitars, etc.
So my list would be this. BTW I always try and buy second hand. There are too many interfaces out there available for me to purchase new. But I am also a cheapskate, even though technically I can afford higher end gear. Music is a hobby and I no longer make money with it, so I figure I can record myself and I have done so relatively cheap.
USB
1st. RME Babyface Pro
2nd. Apogee Duet
3rd. Apogee One
4th. Zoom UAC

If I had a PCI or PCIE I would purchase a soundcard with that platform. However, I have a super micro computer (INWIN chopin is my case) So, I am limited to USB and TB3

Thunderbolt 2 or 3 (If budget were a factor)
1st. UAD Arrow
2nd. Presonus Quantum
3rd. UAD Apollo Thunderbolt (according to Vin's tests the Apollo USB is pretty terrible with regards to RTL)

Vin has never ran tests on Apogee products, and I would love to see them up on his charts. But I will leave that to him. I did some RTL testing and I found the Apogee products to be decent. Better than most other interfaces on the market. In terms of sound and latency.

AlxR0u 16th February 2019 10:07 PM

UAC-2 ???

So, what about the Zoom UAC-2 ?
Is there any tests about this unit???
Should i buy it????
Too many questions??????
AAAAAAAA!!!!

:-D

Dallon426 16th February 2019 10:09 PM

https://i.imgur.com/YIqiI8W.jpg

Pretty good RTL
and it has loopback.

METALHAWK 16th February 2019 10:13 PM

I understand those interfaces are superior of course, but the problem is that my budget cannot go further than 150 € at this moment, so I need to find the best option in that range. And I thought that the Presonus Studio 24 would be better that the Scarlett 2i2/2i4. Thanks for the answer!

daskeladden 16th February 2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlxR0u (Post 13816217)
So, what about the Zoom UAC-2 ?
Is there any tests about this unit???
Should i buy it????
Too many questions??????
AAAAAAAA!!!!

:-D

I had the Zoom UAC-8 which had terrible drivers for Windows. I have heard Zoom UAC-2 is better but why take the chance. Also terrible customer support when I tried to tell them about the issue. I made a video of it here:

METALHAWK 16th February 2019 10:17 PM

Yes, I have read a lot about the good numbers of Zoom UAC but also about drivers issues. So the main problem about interfaces, in my case at least, is not only the latency but also the stable performace. In one hand I can say that I have been no latency issues and good performances with 10 Bias FX in the basic M-Audio 2x2, and in the other hand I couldn't work with the Audient iD4 with even only 2 tracks in my laptop (drivers instability)

METALHAWK 16th February 2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daskeladden (Post 13816239)
I had the Zoom UAC-8 which had terrible drivers for Windows. I have heard Zoom UAC-2 is better but why take the chance.

Just exact what I mean!

daskeladden 16th February 2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13816245)
Just exact what I mean!

I edited my comment and added a video :lol:

Dallon426 16th February 2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13816241)
Yes, I have read a lot about the good numbers of Zoom UAC but also about drivers issues. So the main problem about interfaces, in my case at least, is not only the latency but also the stable performace. In one hand I can say that I have been no latency issues and good performances with 10 Bias FX in the basic M-Audio 2x2, and in the other hand I couldn't work with the Audient iD4 with even only 2 tracks in my laptop (drivers instability)

Honestly. I would save some money. And purchase something you will be confident in. Skimp on beer, coffee, food, cigarettes, weed, or any other vices. But do not skimp on your audio interface:)

Secret80sMan 17th February 2019 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13816241)

Why not buy the M-Audio from your friend and revisit this when you area able to afford a better interface? Otherwise a cheap Scarlett should be miles ahead of that Line6 unit.

METALHAWK 17th February 2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Honestly. I would save some money. And purchase something you will be confident in. Skimp on beer, coffee, food, cigarettes, weed, or any other vices. But do not skimp on your audio interface
Yes, for sure the best option! Though beer and coffe are my life... :facepalm:

Quote:

Why not buy the M-Audio from your friend and revisit this when you area able to afford a better interface? Otherwise a cheap Scarlett should be miles ahead of that Line6 unit.
Yes it was one of my first options but the Scarlett 2i2 costs 129€ and the Presonus Studio 24 costs 138€ (and has two more outs). I thought it was a better option but now I am full of doubts...

Secret80sMan 17th February 2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13817288)
Yes, for sure the best option! Though beer and coffe are my life... :facepalm:

Yes it was one of my first options but the Scarlett 2i2 costs 129€ and the Presonus Studio 24 costs 138€ (and has two more outs). I thought it was a better option but now I am full of doubts...

Just buy one and try it. If it works well enough then you are good to go, otherwise return it and buy the other one.

METALHAWK 17th February 2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secret80sMan (Post 13817413)
Just buy one and try it. If it works well enough then you are good to go, otherwise return it and buy the other one.

I will do that. I will tell you how it goes in the next days. Thank you! bumpkin

Helbob 20th February 2019 09:14 PM

Anyone planning on testing the IK Multimedia Axe I/O anytime soon? Any idea how their earlier stuff compares to the usual interfaces?
Don't know much about their stuff and am quite hesitant on ordering one even though it seems to suit my needs very well on paper.
Seen their marketing bois creeping on forums saying its very low latency blah blah blah but you never know 'till you know, you know heppy

Dallon426 22nd February 2019 11:24 AM

Here are results for the Apogee One

https://i.imgur.com/0PZQV0Q.jpg

DigiArc 28th February 2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Bass (Post 13699505)
Sonics aside, in reality, the FireWire Saffire Pros have better low latency performance than Focusrite's Thunderbolt Clarett interfaces. Also note that other Saffire Pro units (like the Pro 40) have even better LLP than the Pro 24 due to lower latency in the convertors.

While TB can potentially offer better LLP, actual performance ultimately comes down to drivers and hardware design. TB itself is no guarantee of excellent LLP.

I'll have to go back and boot into Windows. My Clarett 8pre TB is RTL'ing at approximately 1.9 ms at 96K. I've never seen a native interface work so fast. Mid 2012 MacBook Pro with Quad I7.

DigiArc 28th February 2019 12:54 PM

Just went back and checked my Focusrite Clarett 8pre under Mac OS and Windows. On Mac it was 1.8 at 96K and goes up to 2.4 on Windows. Still no slouch! I suspect those getting higher results either aren't on the latest drivers or their Thunderbolt implementation is wonky.

RyanM 28th February 2019 02:36 PM

I've been using an Audient ID4 for a year without any issues. Maybe yours was defective.

It doesn't do low latency but I don't need it (and I don't why it's a priority for so many people). Sound quality is the priority for me, that's why I'm upgrading to the ID22 or ID44 (and not the Babyface, etc.)

For tracking vocals I monitor direct, with a pre-fader reverb send in my DAW (the latency just adds a pre-delay). At 64 samples the latency is low enough that I don't notice when I track guitar through an amp sim, or record with virtual instruments. And I'm only on an i5 with 8 gigs of ram.

Dallon426 28th February 2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanM (Post 13837741)
I've been using an Audient ID4 for a year without any issues. Maybe yours was defective.

It doesn't do low latency but I don't need it (and I don't why it's a priority for so many people). Sound quality is the priority for me, that's why I'm upgrading to the ID22 or ID44 (and not the Babyface, etc.)

For tracking vocals I monitor direct, with a pre-fader reverb send in my DAW (the latency just adds a pre-delay). At 64 samples the latency is low enough that I don't notice when I track guitar through an amp sim, or record with virtual instruments. And I'm only on an i5 with 8 gigs of ram.

I personally think the Babyface pro sounds fantastic. It would be nice to hear recorded results through different interfaces. I personally cannot tell a difference in audio quality between different interfaces. And if I did, who's to say that the difference I heard was in the outputs instead of the preamps, etc. But to get a completely accurate take it the audio would have to be recorded and captured by a bunch of interfaces at the same time. The Babyface and Rme products aren't just about low latency. They are the most stable interfaces I've encountered. And I've demoed and owned a lot over the years. They are hands down the most stable. And to me that in itself is more important than low latency. The RTL from Rme is a bonus for me. Although now I am recording with an Apogee one. I wanted to run the most basic setup to see if I can get some good results. So far so good. Although the apogee is not as stable as Rme. It's the cheapest and best sounding bus powered interface I could find.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish Rme would make a 200-300 interface. No bells and whistles. Just a stable 2-4 input interface bus powered.

DigiArc 1st March 2019 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallon426 (Post 13838573)
I personally think the Babyface pro sounds fantastic. It would be nice to hear recorded results through different interfaces. I personally cannot tell a difference in audio quality between different interfaces. And if I did, who's to say that the difference I heard was in the outputs instead of the preamps, etc. But to get a completely accurate take it the audio would have to be recorded and captured by a bunch of interfaces at the same time. The Babyface and Rme products aren't just about low latency. They are the most stable interfaces I've encountered. And I've demoed and owned a lot over the years. They are hands down the most stable. And to me that in itself is more important than low latency. The RTL from Rme is a bonus for me. Although now I am recording with an Apogee one. I wanted to run the most basic setup to see if I can get some good results. So far so good. Although the apogee is not as stable as Rme. It's the cheapest and best sounding bus powered interface I could find.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish Rme would make a 200-300 interface. No bells and whistles. Just a stable 2-4 input interface bus powered.

What systems are you running on? I'm on Mac OS and Windows 10. I use a Clarett 8pre TB, an Audient ID22, and an Apogee Duet. I don't have stability issues with any of them!

I rarely use Pro Tools anymore and use Studio One, Logic, and Reaper. Is the stability problem a Windows or PT issue??

METALHAWK 1st March 2019 04:01 PM

I think that when we talk about stability it is very important to know that the very hard work in this area is the Real Time Performance. I tried a few days ago the new Presonus Studio 24 (C over USB). I was listening to music and it was fine. I was listening some projects in Sonar Platinum and it was fine. I was recording 1 track through virtual amps (Mercuriall Reaxis) and the problems came in... I have a medium laptop with i5 3rd gen but fu**... When I already listened the pops and clicks the CPU was 7%... I have 12GB DDR3 and 250GB SSD... So, the problem of stability appears when you want real time performance working 100% perfection (no pop, no click, no dropout). So, many people will see their interfaces stable enough if they track vocals through direct monitoring, or if they record through line inputs already treated sounds, BUT if your gear is so normal (like mine) the stability IS A MUST in terms of real time performance.

And now I do the question: how the fu** a M-Audio 2x2 (mediocre reputation?) is way way far the stability winner after testing Audient iD4 and new Presonus Studio 24??? With the 2x2 I can copy iZotope 5 Suites from one track to another while playing WITH NO CLICK!! (this was an utopia with the others options). In terms of sound I have to say that I cannot make differences, all of them are quite good. It is funny that I am obligated to spend quite less money (89€) if I want to make music with no stability issues (I cannot get RME stuff...).

Anyone there have had similar experience? I feel so lonely!:lol::lol:

DigiArc 1st March 2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13839929)
I think that when we talk about stability it is very important to know that the very hard work in this area is the Real Time Performance. I tried a few days ago the new Presonus Studio 24 (C over USB). I was listening to music and it was fine. I was listening some projects in Sonar Platinum and it was fine. I was recording 1 track through virtual amps (Mercuriall Reaxis) and the problems came in... I have a medium laptop with i5 3rd gen but fu**... When I already listened the pops and clicks the CPU was 7%... I have 12GB DDR3 and 250GB SSD... So, the problem of stability appears when you want real time performance working 100% perfection (no pop, no click, no dropout). So, many people will see their interfaces stable enough if they track vocals through direct monitoring, or if they record through line inputs already treated sounds, BUT if your gear is so normal (like mine) the stability IS A MUST in terms of real time performance.

And now I do the question: how the fu** a M-Audio 2x2 (mediocre reputation?) is way way far the stability winner after testing Audient iD4 and new Presonus Studio 24??? With the 2x2 I can copy iZotope 5 Suites from one track to another while playing WITH NO CLICK!! (this was an utopia with the others options). In terms of sound I have to say that I cannot make differences, all of them are quite good. It is funny that I am obligated to spend quite less money (89€) if I want to make music with no stability issues (I cannot get RME stuff...).

Anyone there have had similar experience? I feel so lonely!:lol::lol:

Wow! That really sounds like something isn't right somewhere. I have zero issues with my ID22 tracking guitar (with Mercuriall - excellent choice) while listening to 30-40 tracks of virtual instruments and audio. I typically use my MacBook but also use the same MacBook booted in to Windows 10 or my other Windows laptop.

Have you run DPCchecker and looked at performance monitor for cpu spikes, etc. when you are hearing clicks?

Contrary to some opinions, Win 10 is better than Win 7 for... Well, just about everything. You have something stealing CPU cycles and not running properly. I would say even RME would not fix your issues.

Try turning off wifi and Ethernet if that's running and look for services running that don't need to be. Make sure your USB ports and system drivers make sense. You can go to device manager, uninstall the USB bus drivers and let them reinstalls themselves during a restart. I have see that help as well. Try a test on a different computer if possible.

Good luck! I don't wish audio workstation stability issues on anyone. Well... maybe the Jonas Brothers.

METALHAWK 1st March 2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiArc (Post 13840340)
Wow! That really sounds like something isn't right somewhere. I have zero issues with my ID22 tracking guitar (with Mercuriall - excellent choice) while listening to 30-40 tracks of virtual instruments and audio. I typically use my MacBook but also use the same MacBook booted in to Windows 10 or my other Windows laptop.

Have you run DPCchecker and looked at performance monitor for cpu spikes, etc. when you are hearing clicks?

Contrary to some opinions, Win 10 is better than Win 7 for... Well, just about everything. You have something stealing CPU cycles and not running properly. I would say even RME would not fix your issues.

Try turning off wifi and Ethernet if that's running and look for services running that don't need to be. Make sure your USB ports and system drivers make sense. You can go to device manager, uninstall the USB bus drivers and let them reinstalls themselves during a restart. I have see that help as well. Try a test on a different computer if possible.

Good luck! I don't wish audio workstation stability issues on anyone. Well... maybe the Jonas Brothers.

That is the matter. I tested out DPC checker, and DPC latency told me that my PC should be able to deal with Real Time Audio Performance. I am running a new W7 installation on a SSD, everything extremely clean, just with the W7 updates and I always deactivate ethernet and wifi card while playing and recording (I use another HDD for internet and working). That is the reason I don't know what is happening that allows the M-Track 2x2 works fine and not the others theoretically better interfaces.

I also thought about that I would probably suffer the same **** with RME (which would absolutely proves that the problem is mine 100%) but I cannot understand why only the M-Track 2x2 respects my workflow... The only thing that I would be very sure is that 2x2 drivers are more capable in my conditions than the others because of the crearly better performance. Thank you for your answer!

PD: the solution will be a new 1800€ PC instead of my 5 years old laptop.

hfm 2nd March 2019 05:51 PM

I'm going through this same decision right now. Looking at interfaces that I can use to just jam/practice in real time using PC and something like BIAS Amp+Fx or through various VST plugins. I'm not quite ready to record as I'm just increasing my skills, but I've found I like the tones I can pull out of BIAS Fx more than dedicated amp modeling units and it puts me in the position where when I'm playing something worth recording I can do it.

I currently have an old Apogee Jam and it's working great on a MacBook Pro 15 for this purpose, but I need to get a new windows laptop and give up the macbook. Unfortunately Apogee doesn't have windows drivers for the old Jam (I think I bought it back in like 2009 or something).

Is pretty much any modern i7 (even something like the low power i7-8565U w/4 cores) enough CPU to do this? Was looking at the Focusrite Scarlett Solo since it's rather inexpensive, but I could go a little higher to make sure I got something that's super stable for headphone listening with low latency through the entire chain.

I'm pretty sure I'm over-thinking this and it should be fine, but there seems to be so many opinions and driver problems. I just want to be able to jam and hear the modeled/effects output from say the headphone jack on the laptop without enough latency to disrupt trying to play well and learn. :)

METALHAWK 3rd March 2019 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfm (Post 13841977)
I'm going through this same decision right now. Looking at interfaces that I can use to just jam/practice in real time using PC and something like BIAS Amp+Fx or through various VST plugins. I'm not quite ready to record as I'm just increasing my skills, but I've found I like the tones I can pull out of BIAS Fx more than dedicated amp modeling units and it puts me in the position where when I'm playing something worth recording I can do it.

I currently have an old Apogee Jam and it's working great on a MacBook Pro 15 for this purpose, but I need to get a new windows laptop and give up the macbook. Unfortunately Apogee doesn't have windows drivers for the old Jam (I think I bought it back in like 2009 or something).

Is pretty much any modern i7 (even something like the low power i7-8565U w/4 cores) enough CPU to do this? Was looking at the Focusrite Scarlett Solo since it's rather inexpensive, but I could go a little higher to make sure I got something that's super stable for headphone listening with low latency through the entire chain.

I'm pretty sure I'm over-thinking this and it should be fine, but there seems to be so many opinions and driver problems. I just want to be able to jam and hear the modeled/effects output from say the headphone jack on the laptop without enough latency to disrupt trying to play well and learn. :)

The i7 you mention should be way more than enough for your purposes (and more). The most important thing is to have a clean installation, clean 'everything' in order to let the cpu work fine with real time audio. A SSD drive also helps so much (SO MUCH). I cannot talk about the Scarletts because I haven't tried anyone but I'm pretty sure it will be great for you. I am waiting for my M-Track 2x2 to arrive my local shop. I will share right here my new recordings for my channel.

Mark Ambler 3rd March 2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13842851)
The i7 you mention should be way more than enough for your purposes (and more). The most important thing is to have a clean installation, clean 'everything' in order to let the cpu work fine with real time audio. A SSD drive also helps so much (SO MUCH). I cannot talk about the Scarletts because I haven't tried anyone but I'm pretty sure it will be great for you. I am waiting for my M-Track 2x2 to arrive my local shop. I will share right here my new recordings for my channel.

In my experience, Pcie and Thunderbolt latency is unnoticeable whereas USB latency is. I have tried the Scarlett Solo, and its very good, providing you don't need very low latency. I use an old mOTU 2048mk2 Pcie with my PC and a Clarett 4pre thunderbolt with my Mac.

FYI I recently bought a 'custom' PC and wanted the option of Thunderbolt. I bought rhe Asus PRIME Z370-A, and the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 Card PCI Exp. Subsequently I tried my old MOTU Pcie interface which worked fine and haven't bothered with thunderbolt yet, but it's good to have as a future option.

No complaints with the Asus PRIME Z370-A. I can post other build info if it helps.
The PC runs really quick and quiet, so far, so good, which is about the best you can say about any computer!

mp3 3rd March 2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanM (Post 13837741)
(and I don't why it's a priority for so many people).

Low latency is a priority for people who want their DAW to operate more like (or in conjunction with) their old digital multitrack or synth or drum machine or effects processor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallon426 (Post 13838573)
I personally cannot tell a difference in audio quality between different interfaces.

It could be because you’re comparing decent interfaces to other decent interfaces. But if you’re happy with the sound of a given interface then that’s all that matters in the end!

E-Irizarry 3rd March 2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METALHAWK (Post 13842851)

@ METALHAWK , @ hfm : stay the hell away from Focusrite Scarlett Solo if you need it for your workflow of mixing and/or mastering. ONLY use it for its mic pre-amps which are audibly-pristine but you can only go up to 1K size in buffer samples at 96kHz, which gives it it's CPU overload glitching audibles on the playback buffer which is a royal pain-in-the-ass to mix with a multitude of pertinent plugins. With that in mind, I start my sessions at 64-bit depth and 96kHz always for my SR whilst most 'cats' start at 32/48kHz, 24/44.1kHz, and 24/48kHz. The Babyface Pro can handle that just about seamlessly at 64/96kHz at 2K buffer sample size and since my chipset/motherboard are relatively recent in model releases, it can go up to 4K (4,096) in buffer size at 64/96kHz too seamlessly!!!

I do not throw a compressor here and an EQ there. I got such a parallel workflow on many bus and master channels that even Chris Lord-Alge and Dave Pensado would give a double Siskel & Ebert thumbs-up to!!

IN addendum: do not be a Cheapskate Jake like I was in settling for the Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 Solo 2nd Gen; get yourself the RME Babyface Pro for 700-750 USD convertible and sound pro out the gate in addition to getting good 20/20 cans and monitors with transparent compression and awesome gain staging -10 to -7 RMS-compliant loudness plugins, de-essers (use the free Lisp VSTfx with DMGAudio's ESSence), etc. G'luck.