The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
nomadfactory plugins
Old 2nd March 2006
nomadfactory plugins

There are 4 new nomad factory plugins…

• Blueverb vintage style digital reverberation

• Analog Signature serie:

program equalizer eqp-4 / Limiting Amplifier LM-662 / Studio Channel SC-226

http://www.nomadfactory.com
Old 2nd March 2006
Lives for gear

seem interesting.

ill have to check out the demo.
Old 2nd March 2006
Lives for gear

I think it requires an ilok for the demo.
Old 2nd March 2006
Lives for gear

The "old" plugs were awfull... the pultec style eq almost unusable...
About these one... comps ar ok (but nowhere near UAD) and Eqs stil a NO go all the way...
Old 2nd March 2006
Lives for gear

what about the limiter?
Old 2nd March 2006
Lives for gear

do not bother...

As for EQ.. if on VST try http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/
Ther's an eq (free) in the vst section that work amazing!
Old 2nd March 2006
Gear Addict

nomad made the internal plugins for stylus didn't they? i like some of those. that main filter is killer.
Old 26th March 2006
Gear Maniac

good lord.... these plugins give TONE!!!!

Surprise of my life,

Man, guys you need to try this out - I have never liked Nomad in the past - as I had many other preferences for eq as well as compression/limiting.

But these are killah.... FANTASTIC EQ, very very analog
compressor actually does give this GLUE, (so far only PSP mastercomp that I know of, but different from PSP you can actually make things pump a little, in a good way
bla bla bla....

I'm gonna buy these babies.

I did a quick mastering of a song with these plugins, that I had just recenly mastered with other gear. What a difference.. Maybe I'll post it later.

-Johannes
Old 26th March 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho
Surprise of my life,

Man, guys you need to try this out - I have never liked Nomad in the past - as I had many other preferences for eq as well as compression/limiting.

But these are killah.... FANTASTIC EQ, very very analog
compressor actually does give this GLUE, (so far only PSP mastercomp that I know of, but different from PSP you can actually make things pump a little, in a good way
bla bla bla....

I'm gonna buy these babies.

I did a quick mastering of a song with these plugins, that I had just recenly mastered with other gear. What a difference.. Maybe I'll post it later.

-Johannes
With this much praise when others bunk the product, maybe a "I DON'T WORK FOR NOMAD" disclaimer is in order.

BTW... Did you notice that the free Nomad plugs have disappeared?
Old 26th March 2006
Gear Maniac

don't work for Nomad

Actually I will say it again - I have not found any of their plugins useful in the past - after testing/demoing there were ALWAYS better alternatives - for blue tubes, as well as their Rock Amp Legends. I even tried their Liquid stuff (sp?).

And no, I don't work for Nomad

Just really excited to achieve some results in 3 minutes with Analog Signature that have taken me 3 days sometimes. I even went and double-checked what I was hearing in other systems - and well enough - I like it.

Again, why I like it - REALLY Colourful and full sounding EQ
Compression that gives DA GLUE. doesn't matter if you're going smooth or aggresive.

BTW where have others "bunked the product" (besides this thread)? I did a search and have not found anything yet on gearslutz.

-Johannes
Old 26th March 2006
Lives for gear

hi

Their old chorus plugins was pretty good, a different flavour from TC Chorus.
Old 26th March 2006
Gear Maniac

what he said!
the fx on blue tubes were acceptable!!!
the cpu load was minimal too,so i think they were not that bad
and very usable for layout shape.
i will check ou the new stuff!
Old 26th March 2006
Gear Maniac

thought I'd upload

Like I promised, I thought I'd update the results of this one song I tried to master with "analog singature".

It's a religious band I'm mixing at the moment, a cut of one their songs.

To me the "AS" master sound really natural, as opposed to the "earlier master" which does sound like a plugin actually (both were mastered with plugins). Earlier master has better middle freqs. snare etc. - but it sounds so thin and un-natural.

just my 2 cents

-Johannes
Attached Files

01_unmastered mixdown.mp3 (1.28 MB, 284 views)

02_earlier master.mp3 (1.23 MB, 248 views)

03_analog signature(nomad).mp3 (1.25 MB, 304 views)

Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

uh..

i'm on crappy computer speakers atm, but i liked the first master better. It sounded good. The plugin version sounds kinda muffled and seems to lack both punch and clarity.
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Do not want to diss you Johannes, but please do not send demonstration tracks for plug ins as mp3! I think this will not help the plugs to sound good!
Old 27th March 2006
Gear Maniac

andrewj,

I purposely sent mp3 files for couple of reasons:

1)If I uploaded the wav files - the difference would be same between files
2)The test I did was in low resolution (16bit 44Khz)

Also plugins are not going to sound worse or better after converting to mp3 - the whole file changes. For the purpose of demonstraion it's MORE than adequate. If mp3 did anything to the "plugin" sound, it actually made it better. Also since most music gets converted to mp3 at some time or another - it actually does matter, what the difference is listening to an mp3. Although you're right, the difference in wav files was a bit bigger.
Old 27th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamansDream

BTW... Did you notice that the free Nomad plugs have disappeared?

Those are the only plugs I have used from them. Some years ago. But I was trying to find a demo of the free-plugs last month because I needed a good tremolo but I couldn´t find them on their website.

The Free plugs are very nice, the phaser and the tremolo are so Rhodes friendly.
Old 28th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho
Like I promised, I thought I'd update the results of this one song I tried to master with "analog singature".

It's a religious band I'm mixing at the moment, a cut of one their songs.

To me the "AS" master sound really natural, as opposed to the "earlier master" which does sound like a plugin actually (both were mastered with plugins). Earlier master has better middle freqs. snare etc. - but it sounds so thin and un-natural.

just my 2 cents

-Johannes
I was actually quite impressed by the Nomad "AS" master. Beefy.. Strange, I did not like their Blue Tubes bundle at all. Well there you go. Thanks for putting these examples up by the way! More sound, less hype..
Old 29th March 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jkn
I was actually quite impressed by the Nomad "AS" master. Beefy.. Strange, I did not like their Blue Tubes bundle at all. Well there you go. Thanks for putting these examples up by the way! More sound, less hype..
Yeah, me neither - did not like the blue tubes, or their guit amp... or actually anything. Go figure.

Si I did buy their "analog signature" pack today - I'm getting amazing results in the extreme high end and low end while mixing - that was one of the main things I was missing in plugins (starting from usual mud around from 200hz down to 30hz, as well as 6kHz to 18kHz top end - really good). Sure, it still sounds like a plugin, but still amazing. I got the beefiest and warmest + sizzlest lead voc sound today that I have ever been able to pull off. I'm quite happy - the EQ is pretty colourful - good for mixing.

Just sharing
Old 29th March 2006
Lives for gear

I tried the demos and was not impressed. IMHO it's nomad as nomad factory has always been. Pretty GUI, mediocre sound. Money spent on Voxengo is much wiser. Try the classic EQ boost from 10kHz on a hihat or something.. ouch. Can you say A L I A S I N G?

dfegad _nomad_

- bManic
Old 29th March 2006
I hate to say it, but I sort of like the "blueverb"... it sounds awful, digital and lo-fi in a good way. But $180? forget it. just go buy a dp4 and a midiverb.stike
Old 29th March 2006
Lives for gear

i just tried the demo of the new plugins... not impressed at all. can't really put my finger on it.. nothing i'd spend money on...
Old 29th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloocproducer
I hate to say it, but I sort of like the "blueverb"... it sounds awful, digital and lo-fi in a good way. But $180? forget it. just go buy a dp4 and a midiverb.stike
I thought with this plug they were trying to emulate pricey 80s stuff, Lexicon & co.
From what you say, it seems I was wrong. I would have liked to see a real contender with new IK's reverb plug.
Old 29th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloocproducer
Funny, this is exactly what I felt too! I kind of liked it but for that price I sure don't want a one-trick pony.

- bManic

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search