The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Slate FG-X bug/panning glitch
Old 23rd July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
better than all of them.
Careful now. That's a VERY subjective assumption.

FYI, FGX was NOT the best for Electronic Music when it came out. I tried VERY hard, but have found I can only use it sparingly in conjunction with other loudness maximisers to achieve what I need.

I REALLY hope you've made some in roads with FGX2 when it comes to bass heavy music.
Old 23rd July 2015
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi Sardi, I just worked with an engineer today via email who had trouble with FG-X on EDM music and he was very happy with the results when I gave him better settings. Ultimately, the ITP is important for that style of music depending on how loud you want to go. I'd be happy to help you with any settings, please email me at [email protected].

Regarding FG-X 2.0, obviously our goal is to make it the best out there, that's the goal with all of our products. We do plan to make it easier to use to, and will even have a mode dedicated to electronic music.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 23rd July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:

Regarding FG-X 2.0, obviously our goal is to make it the best out there, that's the goal with all of our products. We do plan to make it easier to use to, and will even have a mode dedicated to electronic music.

Cheers,
Steven
Steven,
Will FG-X 2.0 be free for owners of 1?
What is the time frame for 2.0?
Will the bugs be fixed in 2.0?
Old 23rd July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
I share your pain BUT Slate has been quite open about the fact that ALL the bugs that existed (known and unknown) are still in the latest version of FG-X.

The last version is nothing but a 64 bit port mostly to make it AAX - bugs and all. FG-X 2.0 (due sometime before 2035?) is the one with updated code, new framework, new algos, etc.

Sad but true but, again, has been stated by Slate here and in update newsletters.
my bad - i must have misunderstood all those emails Stephen sent to his customers regarding the FGX update,
i read in one of them that they were working with a whole new framework, and when they released the update, i mistakingly presumed that this was the new version; not just a 64bit wrapper - well, now i know,

damn shame they couldn't catch that panning problem, i guess it must be a bane in the side of the developers that they can't quite solve that puzzle.
must be a summbitch of a problem if they gave up trying.
Old 29th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
its a bug. we're fixing it along with a few other things that have been reported.thumbsup
Well, any word here, Slate? We're entering 2016 and it's still not fixed. You guys ever gonna make good on your promise? Or is this what we should expect from your company. Rolling out new products to make more money, while leaving the old stuff, and users, behind? Are those of us who spent I hard earned money just SOL?
Old 29th November 2015
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Working hard on FG-X2! Like I've said in the past, we really want it to be the best!

I cannot reproduce the pan bug since the new version last February. If you still experience it please send us a support ticket with your DAW and system specs, thanks!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 30th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Working hard on FG-X2! Like I've said in the past, we really want it to be the best!

I cannot reproduce the pan bug since the new version last February. If you still experience it please send us a support ticket with your DAW and system specs, thanks!

Cheers,
Steven
Steven,
Old 30th November 2015
Tui
Gear Guru

It will be free.

It will be the best EVER.

It will never arrive.
Old 30th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Steven,
I'm only asking because I since I bought FG-X 1 in August, I have not been able to use it due to the low volume bug at the start, and I would really like to have the limiter I paid for working.
Old 1st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Really? Happens on every session I use it on. Both in PT11 and now also in PT12.

Mac OS 10.8.5.
Old 12th November 2016
Gear Head

I am still having this bug...this should have been fixed by now yeah? running latest version, PT 12.5.2 OSX 10.11.3. this makes the plug useless!!!
Old 12th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Steven, any update on this? It's been about a year since the post I quoted above. Thanks.
Old 12th November 2016
Lives for gear
i have FG-X but i get better results with Pro-L or Limiter no6 with Kclip2.

Maybe FG-X 2 will be better. Who knows, at this rate, the volume wars will be over
by the time it comes out, and we wont need it anymore. LOL
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil Audio View Post
Hi Steven, any update on this? It's been about a year since the post I quoted above. Thanks.
Old 18th November 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil Audio View Post
Old 20th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Old 20th November 2016
Lives for gear

I like this thread.
Old 20th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
I like this thread.
Shhh!........People sleeping.......
Old 18th September 2017
Here for the gear

Just found this thread....

Fade in bug happening here on and off the last few years but this one project in particular tonight really had me pulling my hair out... I thought it was some strange Protools behaviour... Running 12.8.1HD and OSX 10.12.6....

Been trying to master a project for last few hours, only to keep getting strange random fade ins, and having to go back into the project and export files... and now I find out that it's been the FGX all along... I've been dealing with this on and off the last few years but only copped it wasn't pro tools....
Old 25th September 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix-Ashes View Post
Just found this thread....

Fade in bug happening here on and off the last few years but this one project in particular tonight really had me pulling my hair out... I thought it was some strange Protools behaviour... Running 12.8.1HD and OSX 10.12.6....

Been trying to master a project for last few hours, only to keep getting strange random fade ins, and having to go back into the project and export files... and now I find out that it's been the FGX all along... I've been dealing with this on and off the last few years but only copped it wasn't pro tools....
Still having it here too in Logic... For me it only seems to happen when I have the project open for a while. Restarting the DAW fixes it temporarily (usually). It seems to be tied to some weird clicks and pops that also only happen with the project has been open a while.

Still searching for an adequate replacement. The dynamics options are pretty unique and I like the character of the limiter in some situations - All the other limiters I have are intentionally transparent.
Old 11th October 2017
I've been switching between the Sonnox Limiter and DMGAudio Limitless. Both are highly recommended
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hi guys

I have been pulling out my hair on this one for some months now as well, but I've finally had good results with the following procedure:

1) Open your project
2) locate the tracks with Slate FG-X
3) Turn off and then on each module power button (emulated hardware icon on the actual VST interface)

This seems to refresh the VST, and I have not been able to replicate my usual fade in panning errors as they were before.

Will let you know, but now I'm on day two of doing this after opening a project with Slate FG-X in it, and it really seems to be working - presets varying, even.

Peace
Old 13th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'm still experiencing this issue:( Slate where are you?
Old 13th June 2018
Here for the gear
I am still experiencing this issue as well. I will submit a bug report.
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Guru
I use FGX for quick loudening, I use Elevate for shaping. Be interesting to see what FGX becomes if it ever arrives......The bar is high!!!!
Old 7th January 2019
Bug still exists...

Wow! It's 2019 and this bug STILL exists.

Was just testing some masters and noticed the L>R panning at the start of tracks. Unreal that this is still going on. Totally unacceptable.
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Guru
I think the bug will be old enough to drink soon.......!
Old 7th January 2019
Lives for gear

I wonder how many Slate customers have stopped buying Slate products and/or didn't go for their subscription plan because Slate wouldn't fix, update, replace FG-X and actually give people honest straight-forward answers??
I purchased FG-X 5/04/12. I also have VCC,VTM and 1 or 2 other SD plugins.
On the other hand I have hundreds(yes hundreds) of plugins from various developers that I use that are too numerous to mention(but it's several thousands of $$$$ in purchases).
I prefer developers that will actually fix and update their products, deal with clients honestly and develop a level of trust.
If Slate can't fix FG-X I suspect they could have replaced it with a new plug & appeased disgruntled FG-X customers. For me it's now almost 7 years since I bought FG-X.
Slate missed the opportunity to earn trust and spread around a lot of goodwill.
I wonder how much business SD's lost due to the way they handled the train wreck we refer to as FG-X?
Old 7th January 2019
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
I wonder how many Slate customers have stopped buying Slate products and/or didn't go for their subscription plan because Slate wouldn't fix, update, replace FG-X and actually give people honest straight-forward answers??
I certainly did. Sold all Slate plugins.
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Head
Hey,

I'm getting the same bug - I can send some examples.

L - R movement at the top of tracks.. I'm on the latest version - 1.04 (04)
Pro Tools HD 12.5 OSX 11.6

Is there any update on this? I've pretty much had the same bug in this software since I bought it 5 years ago!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search