The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DAE Error 9060 Audio Interfaces
Old 5th April 2011
Gear interested

DAE Error 9060

Hi all,

I recently recorded a session at a friends studio and saved the session on a hard drive. Now, when I open the session I get the dreaded DAE error 9060. I know this typically means that there are corrupted audio files somewhere in the session (although it is beyond me how any files were corrupted). Ive tried several of the recommended strategies for fixing this problem, but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions (besides copying session info into a new session)?

Thanks
Old 5th April 2011
what have you tried? "the usual" is not very descriptive...
Old 5th April 2011
Gear interested

Im not sure if this info will help at all, but Im running a Mac Book Pro with an 003 and Pro Tools 8.2 LE.

As for "the usual", I isolated each track in order to find the corrupt culprit so I could then make it inactive. This technique didn't work as I was unable to find a corrupt audio file. Ive checked several other threads relating to this particular error, and most seem to say that the fixes are:

"1. Pro Tools does NOT support RAID arrays.
This error can occur if drives are connected to a RAID SCSI controller, or if drives have been striped or formatted with a RAID formatting utility such as "Soft Raid".

2. Corrupt audio files can cause -9060 errors.
In this scenario, the -9060 error message will come up in exactly the same spot in the session. A simple workaround is to set the track containing the corrupt audio to "inactive".

3. In one case, a bad Volume Bitmap on the audio drive was the cause (Disk Doctor reported "the contents of the bitmap do not agree with the locations of all files in the catalog").
Run a disk utility on the drive to check it. If an error is found, backup your data, initialize the drive, then restore your data.

4. In one case this was resolved by removing a Jaz drive from the SCSI bus.

5. In at least one instance disabling Norton AntiVirus or Norton SystemWorks caused DAE -9060 errors to stop occurring when recording to SCSI or internal drives that were formatted with Apple Disk Utility. To do this run the Norton uninstaller or remove the Norton files from Library>Startup Items"

Im just curious, could the settings on my hard drive have anything to do with files being corrupted in process of copying? Also, how would I go about technique #3 ("run a disk utility on the drive to check it...")?

Thanks for the help everyone...
Old 5th April 2011
databases trash?

preferences trash?

repair permissions?

those are the usual things I'd do....

run a disk utility? you could start by running "disk utility" and "repair disk" on your audio disk.

my guess is trashing the databases might well fix it.
Old 17th October 2011
Gear interested

Hi. This just happened to me this morning. Like you, my session was also copied from another drive. The "usuals" (trashing Databases, disk utility...) didn't work. The trick is to go to File, then choose Save Copy In, then tick the "copy all audio files" field. Since this will only save the latest session, copy all previous sessions and bounces you might have already made to the new session folder. Hope this helps.
Old 8th February 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxus View Post
Hi. This just happened to me this morning. Like you, my session was also copied from another drive. The "usuals" (trashing Databases, disk utility...) didn't work. The trick is to go to File, then choose Save Copy In, then tick the "copy all audio files" field. Since this will only save the latest session, copy all previous sessions and bounces you might have already made to the new session folder. Hope this helps.
I try that it did not work for me can you help me
Old 25th February 2012
Gear interested

DAE error 9060

Hi There, I was very frustrated with my Pro Tools program that it often shows the error messages and sometimes it just making very loud noise in the earphone. I used to use an old computer and it didn't have this much of the problem, but when I changed to new and fast computer with newer version of windows it just happens very frequently. I think Pro Tools suppose to fix this problem. I notice that it's about the playback function that the program couldn't save or recall files fast enough. So, I come out with a solution. So far it works for me. After you record you have to close the windows and save it. Then, open the session in the menu. It will load the file back and then you can play or do things with out the error. It kinda sucks that we have to do this. Pro tools should fix this problem.
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

When deleting the databases (automatically situated on each drive by protools, eg mine are called "Digidesign Databases"), are there any concerns I should know about this? I am under the impression that protools will automatically re-create them if they are missing... is that right? Thought I'd better check before hand.

Cheers!

-
Tom
Old 10th May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
When deleting the databases (automatically situated on each drive by protools, eg mine are called "Digidesign Databases"), are there any concerns I should know about this? I am under the impression that protools will automatically re-create them if they are missing... is that right? Thought I'd better check before hand.

Cheers!

-
Tom
You're correct - nothing to worry about at all.
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
You're correct - nothing to worry about at all.
Thank you. I thought so but wanted to check.

Cheers :-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search