The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What the Flux?
Old 22nd March 2011
Lives for gear

What the Flux?

I've emailed Flux twice in the past two weeks with no response. Does somebody here work for them? I've got a few questions.
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Anybody home?
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

They're probably on vacation somewhere with Native Instruments.
Old 23rd March 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
heh
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
Lol !
I bet NI are the hosts!!!
Old 24th March 2011
Lives for gear

Don't bother with Flux. They're f-in useless.

Their plugins sound fantastic, but they are buggy as hell. More than 2/3 of the time I can't get them to work. The on top of that, the support is pretty second rate.

I have reported issues numerous times and I almost never get a reply. One time, they did help me with some issues, but it also required some upgrades that were not well documented on their website and caused me about a day of downtime.

--Ben
Old 24th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post

Their plugins sound fantastic, but they are buggy as hell. More than 2/3 of the time I can't get them to work. The on top of that, the support is pretty second rate.

I have reported issues numerous times and I almost never get a reply. One time, they did help me with some issues, but it also required some upgrades that were not well documented on their website and caused me about a day of downtime.

--Ben
What platform are you using?
Old 24th March 2011
Gear Addict
It took them 3 weeks to get back to me with a response to a question regarding their Epure plug. By that time I had bought DMG's EQuality instead and I'm really glad I did!
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

Yes - considering their prices, Flux's support system is surprisingly poor.
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

Most of the times, the biggest problem with the French companies is that they DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH.

Or any other foreign language.

And they don't feel bad about it,they just ignore anyone who doesn't speak french.

Just my own (rich) experience,not that there aren't any who try
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
What platform are you using?
As of now, Sequoia on Win XP. About to rebuild on a Win 7 64 machine. Hope to heck it works w/ Jbridge because they don't have 64 bit versions out.

--Ben
Old 26th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Just discovered this thread. I e-mailed Flux a couple weeks ago asking for a demo of Epure II TDM and never heard back from them. They obviously don't want my business too bad if that's the way they operate.

As a stark contrast to that situation, I e-mailed Dave Hill Designs for a demo of RA, and Dave Hill himself wrote me back with a demo license code for the plugin. What a difference!
Old 26th March 2011
Lives for gear

Where is Felix Niklasson? He used to come around here. Maybe they're going down the tubes. They still have a banner ad here on GS for their winter sale, and nothing on here for a couple months: Flux:: (FluxPlugins) on Twitter

I coveted their plug-ins for some time, but when it came down to the actual buy, I never did. I'd still consider the IRCAM line, though probably only if they were available at a huge discount. I do hope they get things sorted.
Old 26th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
WThey still have a banner ad here on GS for their winter sale, and nothing on here for a couple months: Flux:: (FluxPlugins) on Twitter
Yes, this is something I inquired about. There is an ad running here for 40% off some of their plugs, but apparently this is no longer offered. I am quite interested in their Ircam and Alchemist plugs, but I'm hesitant to buy them if the company is out to lunch.
Old 26th March 2011
Lives for gear

You can download the whole lot as demos, which is what I did. Funny as I type this - there goes that banner add. Winter holiday special.

cdlt
Old 26th March 2011
Lives for gear

I've had issues with flux plugins under vista familial basic, they tried to help me, they even sent me a flux dongle for free... Their stuff works very well under W7 x64 ultimate. Their plugins are top of the line... thumbs up for flux.
Old 29th April 2011
Gear Addict

Hi fellas,

We are indeed still in the air, though really busy in the air, and I haven't been hangin out here on the slut for real in quite a while.

As some people have mentioned, the communication when reporting bugs is a disaster with us, and I have to admit that we have huge problems with this. SO, amongst things that have been keeping us busy, is the new "self helpdesk" found here:

Technical Problems?

and if that don't help out, we now have a gateway on our site DIRECT into our project management system, in a two way communication, meaning that a reported issue, will deliver follow ups to the person who reported it, direct from the dev that is responsible for the isssue, and they can actually through our system maintain the communication one on one in a logged fashion, which will be of GREAT help for the devs when digging into the issues.

Report an issue

Regarding 64-bit support, we have dependencies in certain libraries that we can't yet update, all our processing is actually from the beginning, already done in 64-bit, so as soon as those dependencies can be resolved we'll provide 64-bit versions in the blink of an eye, and no, unfortunately I have no idea when this will happen but we are indeed very very interested in getting this done too!

And then there's a bunch of new stuff in the works, when it's released I am sure a lot of of you here will be quite stunned, great stuff comin up..

And at last, if anoyne has anything hanging, dont post here, send me an email instead for faster attention and handling...

felix (at) fluxhome (dottie) com ...

Best,

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 2nd July 2011
Here for the gear

Is it official Flux policy not to respond to it's customers?

Sure seems like it.

Been a good month of trying....
Old 2nd July 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothus View Post

Sure seems like it.

Send me an email (see above), and a PM to tell me that you sent it. Most probably your message is lost in spam filter etc.

Thanks!

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 2nd July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothus View Post

Sure seems like it.

Yes - emailed them 2 weeks ago about a bug with Syrah. No reply.
Flux Syrah dynamics plug-in (including preset download)

Felix - perhaps you should update the information displayed here:
Flux:: sound and picture development
Old 3rd July 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hint View Post
Felix - perhaps you should update the information displayed here:
Flux:: sound and picture development
Well spotted, DONE!

Thanks!!

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 16th July 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Felix

Is this thread the only place where you actually respond to customers?

Over the course of the last month:

Email sent to [email protected] no reply

Quote:
send me an email instead for faster attention and handling
Email sent to [email protected] no reply

Quote:
we now have a gateway on our site DIRECT into our project management system
Form filled in on the bug reporter... no reply

I used to use Syrah on just about every session. I'm going to have to stop that now for the sake of damage limitation. When considering future system / software upgrades, I need to have confidence that a company will at least acknowledge reported bugs, let alone make an effort to fix them.
Old 17th July 2011
VCF
Gear Head

If they had their support system sorted i would probably buy most of their plugins, but because of poor support i've stopped at just the one for the time being. And i can't get it to run stable. Still, i have a weak spot for Flux i have to say.
Old 18th July 2011
Gear Addict

Problems for hint and vcf resolved by installing latest pace drivers and our latest installer.

For anyone else having strange things going on with our software, before doing anything else, please follow the instructions on this page step by step:
Flux:: Tech Issue Page

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 19th July 2011
VCF
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post
Problems for hint and vcf resolved by installing latest pace drivers and our latest installer.

For anyone else having strange things going on with our software, before doing anything else, please follow the instructions on this page step by step:

Cheers,
/Felix
Works!
Old 19th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post

Cheers,
/Felix
Felix,

I notice in the Known Issues section, it mentions potential "performance" issues using the Logic 32-bit bridge. Would any of these potential problems affect sound quality of the dsp, or only performance related?

Thanks,

-SD
Old 19th July 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post

--Ben
Strange. I have almost all of their dynamic plugins and I never had any problem with their plugins (comparing to the focusrite lm for example..gheez....)

The support was quite fast as well wen I contacted them about a crossgradecode.

The only thing that disturbs me is the iLok/Flux dongle. I understand why they have it, but I really hate these dongles....feels like I who buy the software get punished for other people who are downloading pirated plugins.
Old 19th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCF View Post
Works!
Yes - thanks for your help Felix!

It's worth noting that although their responses to emails are slow, they do actually work on fixes and put out updates quite frequently without announcing them. The only way to check this is by going to your download area on the Flux site periodically.
Old 19th July 2011
VCF
Gear Head

Damn. Still having trouble.

EDIT: Works!
Old 19th July 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCF View Post
Damn. Still having trouble.

EDIT: Works!
Too fast on the trigger!

:D

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search