The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What the Flux?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post

Regarding 64-bit support, we have dependencies in certain libraries that we can't yet update, all our processing is actually from the beginning, already done in 64-bit, so as soon as those dependencies can be resolved we'll provide 64-bit versions in the blink of an eye, and no, unfortunately I have no idea when this will happen but we are indeed very very interested in getting this done too!

felix (at) fluxhome (dottie) com ...

Best,

Cheers,
/Felix
Hi Felix!

Can you explain what are these "dependencies" you are talking about? And any news solving this problem and releasing your plugins in 64-bit?

I love your plugins, especially Epure and Solera and I can´t wait to have them in 64-bit.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Latest builds of FLUX VSTs for MAC cause a MAC DAW host to crash.

Luckily I have the old V2.2.0 installer so just rolled back but be forewarned, Flux MAC VSTs V2.2.1 cause Nuendo 5.5 and Wavelab 7 to crash upon initilializing them. I forgot to check SampleManager and Waveeditor as hosts too but I would suspect they would also crash. Other Nuendo users have confirmed my results in the Steinberg forum so it's not a quirk in just my rig.

I created a bug report 2 weeks ago via the Flux site and so far no response- hope this gets fixed soon, new releases should not be worse than previous ones!

PS.
I've personally tested Pure Limiter, STTool and Bittersweet. When launching V2.2.1 they cause the host to crash. Launching 2.2.0 versions work normally.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfortas2006 View Post
Most of the times, the biggest problem with the French companies is that they DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH.

Or any other foreign language.

And they don't feel bad about it,they just ignore anyone who doesn't speak french.

Just my own (rich) experience,not that there aren't any who try
heh

I'm french and have to agree!
The approach to customer support can be "surprising" also, but once you get used to that it helps becoming more philosophical...
BTW I never had a problem with Flux plugs (Mac based), just to bring a more optimistic note.
A.
Old 13th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavcatcher View Post
Latest builds of FLUX VSTs for MAC cause a MAC DAW host to crash.

Luckily I have the old V2.2.0 installer so just rolled back but be forewarned, Flux MAC VSTs V2.2.1 cause Nuendo 5.5 and Wavelab 7 to crash upon initilializing them. I forgot to check SampleManager and Waveeditor as hosts too but I would suspect they would also crash. Other Nuendo users have confirmed my results in the Steinberg forum so it's not a quirk in just my rig.

I created a bug report 2 weeks ago via the Flux site and so far no response- hope this gets fixed soon, new releases should not be worse than previous ones!

PS.
I've personally tested Pure Limiter, STTool and Bittersweet. When launching V2.2.1 they cause the host to crash. Launching 2.2.0 versions work normally.
Yep
Latest VST builds of Epure definitely crash Wavelab in Mac!
Old 13th September 2011
Tui
Gear Guru

Flux tech support appears to be non-existent. I filled in a support form, weeks ago, and got no response whatsoever.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Yep
Latest VST builds of Epure definitely crash Wavelab in Mac!

Seriously!!!!!

Makes me wonder if they even TESTED the build before releasing it. I mean it instantly crashes Wavelab and Nuendo upon launching their current version of plug ins as MAC VSTs.

V2.2.0 still work correctly so what the [email protected] did they do to them! And how did they not notice this MASSIVE error. They simply must have zero beta testing or QA internally.

The shame is I was just about to buy some more of their plugs including the Ircam suite when this happend... I'm definetly waiting to see how this mess is handled... well, because they'd just crash my hosts anyway right now !
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I love the Flux plugins and would like to buy more, but this lack of support (and 64-bit) and the user horror stories is making me to take my money elsewhere.

Flux had a good start, but these horror stories are not doing them any favors. I don´t see this company lasting for very long with this attitude. Sad really.

I hope they get their act together, ´cause the plugins are wonderful.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

The shame is I was just about to buy some more of their plugs including the Ircam suite when this happend... I'm definetly waiting to see how this mess is handled... well, because they'd just crash my hosts anyway right now !
I have refrained from buying the Ircam Suite as well. I've had my eye on it for over a year, but I just can't put my money into a company that is building such a poor reputation.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

There's a lot of bashing in here, and I would be happy to receive a pm, or an email, felix at fluxhome dot com, from anyone who has any kind of problems that are not yet resolved through support, yes, we have in periods long respond times, especially with issues that are not direct related to technical problems...

Regarding the problems with the latest Steinberg releases, the guys here have identified the incompatibility, and a new build will be released within the next days. If there's still anyone who has problems with the latest Protools release, and our latest build (available in the user download area), please contact support, or if you feel that is taking too much time, send me a PM, and I'll see what's goin on.

For all other problems, please follow these guidelines first, before contacting support.

Flux:: Tech Issues

Thanks!

And for those of you who are curios about how's it going with 64-bit versions, as it looks now, there will be 64-bit builds out in good time before the end of this year, the project is about to start during the next weeks.

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

And for those of you who are curios about how's it going with 64-bit versions, as it looks now, there will be 64-bit builds out in good time before the end of this year, the project is about to start during the next weeks.

Cheers,
/Felix
Thanks for that info, gives me hope about Flux. I just hope that the 64-bit versions will be out before 2012, so you don´t have to eat your words and do "Lexican´ts". (Referring to the other thread where they said "64-bit versions will be out in few weeks", but it´s been 3 months and not a word).
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Felix for the info/update regarding the latest builds for Mac VST.

I appreciate the response, but, without trying to bash, I'd like to let you know the reason for the frustration.

1) In 2011 there is no reason that a new build of a VST should crash a major DAW upon launching. I trust that when a plug in developer builds and releases a new version of an RTAS, VST or AU that Logic, ProTools, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo won't crash upon it being opened in an insert slot. At least, test the builds on the big 3 hosts before releasing is what I'm asking.

2) I filled out a bug report but it doesn't really inspire confidence. I never got a word of it being worked on or even received. That means by the time I get to a forum to post, I'm feeling rather ignored hence more frustration. If users got regularly updates on their bug reports they might feel like progress is being made and then wouldn't feel worried/frustrated by the lack of communication.

Flux plus ins are amongst the best sounding I've ever heard or used. Bugs are bugs and they happen but how they are handled is critical for ongoing user trust. I have no doubt you guys will get it all sorted.

Best,
Chris
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks Felix for the info/update regarding the latest builds for Mac VST.

I appreciate the response, but, without trying to bash, I'd like to let you know the reason for the frustration.

1) In 2011 there is no reason that a new build of a VST should crash a major DAW upon launching. I trust that when a plug in developer builds and releases a new version of an RTAS, VST or AU that Logic, ProTools, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo won't crash upon it being opened in an insert slot. At least, test the builds on the big 3 hosts before releasing is what I'm asking.

2) I filled out a bug report but it doesn't really inspire confidence. I never got a word of it being worked on or even received. That means by the time I get to a forum to post, I'm feeling rather ignored hence more frustration. If users got regularly updates on their bug reports they might feel like progress is being made and then wouldn't feel worried/frustrated by the lack of communication.

Flux plus ins are amongst the best sounding I've ever heard or used. Bugs are bugs and they happen but how they are handled is critical for ongoing user trust. I have no doubt you guys will get it all sorted.

Best,
Chris
1. The guys, and volunteer beta testers are doing all they can to make sure new builds are well working with as many environments as possible, and if we get the word after a build is released, that there seems to be a major problem, the guys are normally on the case in a second after they realize something went wrong.

2. Yes, our engineers are sometimes fixing things and forgetting to update the status in "Gemini", and we are doing what we can in order to get better on this.

Thanks!

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd View Post
Thanks for that info, gives me hope about Flux. I just hope that the 64-bit versions will be out before 2012, so you don´t have to eat your words and do "Lexican´ts". (Referring to the other thread where they said "64-bit versions will be out in few weeks", but it´s been 3 months and not a word).
Anything can happen during the road to the released builds, but this is what we aim for right now at least. The project started yesterday and is now up and running on prio for the next weeks/months.

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anything can happen during the road to the released builds, but this is what we aim for right now at least. The project started yesterday and is now up and running on prio for the next weeks/months.

Cheers,
/Felix
Great!

Waiting impatiently...
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd View Post
Hi Felix!

Can you explain what are these "dependencies" you are talking about? And any news solving this problem and releasing your plugins in 64-bit?

I love your plugins, especially Epure and Solera and I can´t wait to have them in 64-bit.
Maybe stuff like C++ run-time libraries written by Microsoft?
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Weird pricing...

Just looked at the Flux website for the first time.

The GUIs look awesome, these are amongst the most beautiful i´ve ever seen - but how can the plugins be so extremely expensive when there is tons of bugs and horrible support?

Being a UAD-User personally I know about expensive plugins - but everything works just flawlessly and the support gets back to you in 1-2 days.

279 € for the base version of the "Pure Analyzer" and 149 € for every single addon?
Sounds like a good stategy to sell as few licences as possible!

If they sold it at e.g. 79 $, a ten-fold increase in sales is the minimum I´d expect.
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

So Flux Pure series 2.2.1 causes Nuendo, Cubase and Wavelab to crash on launch.

And Flux Pure Series 2.3.0 causes ProTools, Nuendo and Wavelab to crash on launch.

I've filled out the bug reprots on the flux support site and the reply is that there is an incompatibility with Izotope plug ins versions.

Well getting past the idea that one plug in can cause another to crash...(I just don't get that at all). I'm surprised because Izotope just updated on Sept 30th to version 2.0.2.

So Here I am a couple months into no working Flux plug ins on any host and the problem in my denoising software. This is very frustrating.

I've filled out the bug reports to flux directly, but it looks like a pm and email to Felix directly is my last hope here...
Old 5th October 2011
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Well getting past the idea that one plug in can cause another to crash...(I just don't get that at all).
Oh it can. Even plugs that aren't currently loaded can cause crashes. One plug can cause another to produce audible clicks, too.
Old 5th October 2011
dio
Gear Addict

Yep, another fresh example is halion 4/halion sonic and the latest beta of BFD2. They hate each other.
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Weird. I guess you can learn about new ways for things to fail all the time.

I've had plug ins cause an application to hang or crash at launch but one plug in just existing alongside another resulting in a host to launch well, I've not encountered that before.

So I've seen plugins crash an app when two plug ins who don't play well together are open... but never seen them crash an app on launch just because they exist in the plug in folder. That one is new to me. Then again, my systems are usually stable, don't have any cracks and are often installed and not fiddled with too much once they are up and running. So maybe I've missed out on some fun troubleshooting here... !
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

So after trashing prefs and installing each of the flux plugs I have one at at time I've got Nuendo 5.5 working with Flux v2.3.0.

ProTools however still crashes when getting to PureLimiter 2.3.0. STTool and Bittersweet both successfully launch in PT9.0.5 but PureLimiter will cause ProTools to hang at launch.

I've tried trashing prefs but am open to any suggestions.
Old 7th October 2011
Lives for gear

Have you tried installing the latest iLok driver from the Pace site?:
Support

Apparently there can be differences between the driver on the Pace site and the one available on the iLok site, for some mysterious reason.
Old 7th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Hello all,

I am stumped about how to set-up Flux HEar, and am wondering if it is a faulty plug-in (or the user... e).

I am using the demo version (will buy if it works) on a 5.1 project in Nuendo 4.

I created 6 mono tracks, and placed a mono audio file on each track.

I created a 5.1 Group Channel track (with 6 child busses created within it), and each mono track of my 6 wav files is sending to each of the 6 child inputs (Left, Center, Right, etc.).

This 5.1 Group Channel track is sending to the stereo out.

I inserted the HEar plug-in on this Group Channel track. But there is no input or output signal in the plug-in meters, and no audible effect (I hear all the music, but no effect). The plug-in's input level shows a steady "0" with no movement, and there is no signal at all at the output meter. Activating and deactivating the plug-in makes no difference in the sound.

So then I tried creating a single 5.1 wav file mix of the song. I created a 5.1 channel audio track, and placed the 5.1 mix file on this 5.1 track and inserted HEar... the same problem. No input or output and no effect. (This 5.1 track is also sending to the master stereo out.)

I have checked the settings in HEar, and it is set-up for 6 in and 6 out (the docs say the 6 outs refer to the 6 binaural virtual outs, and not the channel's actual audio output, and that the plug-in actually then down-mixes to stereo, so I assume "6 outs" is the correct setting). I also adjusted the channel assignments to match my routing. But regardless, there is no input or output signal, and no effect.

Any idea what I am not doing correctly, or is this demo failing to function?

Thanks!
Old 7th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hint View Post
Have you tried installing the latest iLok driver from the Pace site?:
Support

Apparently there can be differences between the driver on the Pace site and the one available on the iLok site, for some mysterious reason.
I read somewhere a while back, that it was also necessary to uninstall the old iLok driver before installing the latest. Hope this helps.
Old 8th October 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the suggestions but still FLux Pure Limiter prevents ProTools 9.0.5 from launching.

I uninstalled Flux Pure Limiter.
Uninstalled the ilok client and driver.
Restarted
Repaired Permissions
Installed Ilok client and Driver with current ilok.com versions.
Restarted
Repaired permisisions
installed Flux pure limiter
Restarted
Repaired permissions

and still Pure Limiter caused ProTools 9.0.5 to fail to launch.
I then repeated the entire process above but with the pace.com ilok client and had the same result.

I'm really thinking there is just a problem with the Flux Pure Limiter RTAS version as every other plug in I have works and the Pure Limiter works as AU and VST.
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

Curious...
Does anyone have Flux Pure Limiter working on Mac OSX10.6.8 in ProTools 9.0.5?
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

Felix, I have contacted you by email, and still no resolve or answer. Concering getting into the customer download area after 48 hrs. Please assist. Thanks.
Old 5th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveminister View Post
The GUIs look awesome, these are amongst the most beautiful i´ve ever seen - but how can the plugins be so extremely expensive when there is tons of bugs and horrible support?
the GUIs look awesome? I have only alchemist and prefer any other GUI compared to this one. It's just impractical with the little sliders etc. and their reaction.

the tiny attack slider, horrible. When values get low, you cannot even chose 1 ms or 2 ms or 3 ms, because of the stupid raster,
you have to TYPE the value.
Old 5th November 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Don't bother with Flux. They're f-in useless.

Their plugins sound fantastic, but they are buggy as hell. More than 2/3 of the time I can't get them to work. The on top of that, the support is pretty second rate.

I have reported issues numerous times and I almost never get a reply. One time, they did help me with some issues, but it also required some upgrades that were not well documented on their website and caused me about a day of downtime.

--Ben
ive also had enormous issues with flux plugins on my mac pro/logic. sold it
Old 6th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeProducer View Post
the GUIs look awesome? I have only alchemist and prefer any other GUI compared to this one. It's just impractical with the little sliders etc. and their reaction.
the tiny attack slider, horrible. When values get low, you cannot even chose 1 ms or 2 ms or 3 ms, because of the stupid raster,
you have to TYPE the value.
I said they LOOK awesome - not that the user interface was great.
Didn´t really give them a try because:

1.) Too expensive
2.) Too many complaints about instabilities!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search