The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic PowerCore Platform Future Development Ceased
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

TC Electronic PowerCore Platform Future Development Ceased

looks like the powercore is dead.

about time.. they were never really on top of it and certainly didn't keep up with UA or waves.

that being said, i'm a powercore firewire owner.. i guess i'll keep it as a reverb box (VSS3 is still gorgeous!) until the systems are no longer compatible (one reason i hate software vs. hardware)

let thee ebay dumping commence!

- - - -

Future development of the PowerCore platform has been ceased

As part of a larger strategic review, we have decided to cease further development of the PowerCore product range, including hardware units as well as software for the PowerCore platform. With the most recent release of software version 4.0, PowerCore is fully compatible with current operating systems, such as Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as the most popular DAWs - 32 bit and 64 bit.

We will continue to sell all of the existing PowerCore plug-ins (through dealers and TC Now) and hardware variants. We will also keep offering user support for the platform so you should be able to continue using your current system for quite a long period. Bugfixes will be handed on a case-by-case basis.

Also, it is very important to stress that we will continue our general computer recording activities, including audio interfaces and plug-ins.

Finally, for those of you, who wish to continue using externally powered plug-ins on the long term and want to find an alternative to PowerCore, we have collaborated with Universal Audio in order to create an attractive UAD-2 crossgrade offer. The only condition is that you are new to the UAD platform. Read more about the crossgrade offer here.
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

Powercore is DEAD, upgrades offered to UAD

As part of a larger strategic review, we have decided to cease further development of the PowerCore product range, including hardware units as well as software for the PowerCore platform. With the most recent release of software version 4.0, PowerCore is fully compatible with current operating systems, such as Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as the most popular DAWs - 32 bit and 64 bit.

We will continue to sell all of the existing PowerCore plug-ins (through dealers and www.tc-now.com) and hardware variants. We will also keep offering user support for the platform so you should be able to continue using your current system for quite a long period. Bugfixes will be handed on a case-by-case basis.

Also, it is very important to stress that we will continue our general computer recording activities, including audio interfaces and plug-ins.

Finally, for those of you, who wish to continue using externally powered plug-ins on the long term and want to find an alternative to PowerCore, we have collaborated with Universal Audio in order to create an attractive UAD-2 crossgrade offer. The only condition is that you are new to the UAD platform. Read more about the crossgrade offer here.
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

Yes jut got the email too, I've got a lot invested with the cost of the card and all the M6000 plugins, sold my hardware TC last year too because of the plugs..

hmm no x64 plugs then for my poco......

If they don't make them native and the poco doesn't work with the next OS upgrade it will be an expensive mistake buying into the whole thing tutt

MC
Old 19th January 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Powercore Platform Future Development Ceased

Just recieved this information and it looks as though TC Electronic will not be continuing any further developement for the Powercore range.

We will continue to sell all of the existing PowerCore plug-ins (through dealers and www.tc-now.com) and hardware variants. We will also keep offering user support for the platform so you should be able to continue using your current system for quite a long period. Bugfixes will be handed on a case-by-case basis.

I resented TC Electronic slightly, because in Europe, the plugs were far more expensive than in the US, with TC Electronic adopting a different pricing model for the European market which was nearly 1 and a half times to 2 times more expensive than the U.S prices. UAD/Softtube/Sonnox plugins, however, adpoted a more fair price point of maintaining U.S prices in Europe.

It looks too as though their is some cross grade offer between TC Electronic and UAD-2? Although the condition is, you have to be new to the UAD platform ("The only condition is that you are new to the UAD platform")

http://www.tcelectronic.com/default.asp?Id=17032
Lives for gear

yea, i guess the question now is do you hang on to them until they're completely obsolete..

or sell them now for nothing?
Lives for gear

I returned my x8 1.5 years ago after the appauling development cycles with no vista support, no decent win7 support. purchased Duendes and never looked back. Have burned 300 euro on a Tapfactory license though, that TC didn't want to credit after i returned my unit.

so for me, TC is no longer a software partner in my studio. I am happy, this tragedy came to an end and someone put this platform out of it's misery.......dfegad
Lives for gear
I was expecting this in the "Moan Zone", but "an attractive UAD-2 crossgrade offer" is indeed good news for those who don't own one yet.

Personally I've been expecting this for about 2 or 3 years now. It's too bad, I use the PowerCore reverbs and dynamic EQ all the time and would have really liked 64bit versions of these plug-ins.
Old 19th January 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d View Post
As part of a larger strategic review(...)
(...) an attractive UAD-2 crossgrade offer.
Their "offer" is as poor, as their latest drivers.
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

I've got the Powercore firewire MK1.

All the years i've had it i never felt i got my moneys worth, i went through 3 PC's just to get it working correctly.

The virus Powercore/Multi licence i bought is a joke, had the plugin for about 5 years before TC finally got around to making it just about useable.

Thank God i sold the Tube-tech CL1B licence last year and with the money i bought the softube version, seems a wise move now.

I was going to keep mine just for reverb , however on second thought why cover my projecst in a reverb with no future ? Later down the line with new OS's the projects probably won't open correctly.
I'm on Mac now and you can guarantee Powercore won't work on the forth coming Lion OS.

GOOD NIGHT POWERCORE AND GOOD RIDDANCE, A WASTE OF MONEY FROM START TO FINISH.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d View Post
yea, i guess the question now is do you hang on to them until they're completely obsolete..

or sell them now for nothing?
ill just be throwing mine on a pile with my vic 20 and sega megadrive.
Gear Addict

Im a powercore express owner and have a UAD2 duo which is still in the box and these news sound exciting !
just got their email today thumbsup
Lives for gear

PowerCore platform has been ceased / crossgrade option to UAD-2

Just got the mail;

Quote:

We will continue to sell all of the existing PowerCore plug-ins (through dealers and TC Now) and hardware variants. We will also keep offering user support for the platform so you should be able to continue using your current system for quite a long period. Bugfixes will be handed on a case-by-case basis.

Quote:
TC Electronic offers attractive crossgrade option from PowerCore to Universal Audio UAD-2

We have collaborated with Universal Audio in order to offer a crossgrade program, allowing registered PowerCore users to receive a value pack of up to $1,300 worth of UAD Powered Plug-Ins free of charge when registering a newly purchased UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Package.

You can take advantage of the crossgrade offer from February 1, 2011 to June 30, 2011. In order to qualify for the crossgrade offer, you must register a new UAD-2 package, including the recently announced UAD-2 Satellite Firewire DSP Accelerator, within this period. Further, the offer is only valid to new users, i.e. users that are new to the UAD platform.

Further, it’s important to mention that you do not have to send your PowerCore hardware unit to us or Universal Audio in order to crossgrade, you can keep it and continue to use the hardware as well as your PowerCore plug-ins.

If you qualify and want to make use of this offer, simply register your newly purchased UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Package via Universal Audio’s website. During the registration process, just enter the serial number of your registered PowerCore unit which will trigger the release of the corresponding UAD Powered Plug-Ins.

The crossgrade offer includes three different plug-in packages that are linked to corresponding UAD-2 processor level purchased (SOLO, DUO, or QUAD):
UAD-2 SOLO / SOLO Flexi / SOLO/Laptop crossgrade plug-in package contains:
Fairchild ($149)
Cambridge ($149)
Pultec-Pro ($79)
Total Value: $377

UAD-2 DUO / DUO Flexi / Satellite DUO crossgrade plug-in package contains:
Fairchild ($149)
Cambridge ($149)
Pultec-Pro ($79)
LA-3A ($149)
DreamVerb ($149)
Total Value: $675

UAD-2 QUAD / QUAD Flexi / QUAD Omni / Satellite QUAD crossgrade plug-in package contains:
Fairchild ($149)
Cambridge ($149)
Pultec-Pro ($79)
LA-3A ($149)
DreamVerb ($149)
Precision Limiter ($199)
Precision Equalizer ($199)
Precision Multiband ($249)
Total value: $1322

Please note that we - as part of a larger strategic review – have decided to cease any further development of the PowerCore product range. Read more about our decision here.
Lives for gear

"Also, it is very important to stress that we will continue our general computer recording activities, including audio interfaces and plug-ins."

Another one going Native ... when will UAD also go Native?
Lives for gear

It seems to be good for those who have not registered any UAD products. With the Liquid mix going cheap and Powercore out of the race, it now looks like the UAD is the only hardware dependant plugin company out there in the race
Lives for gear
hey t.c. !
just port your existing plugs to the uad-platform and fade away

thx heh
Lives for gear

I don’t understand that as going native. They probably wouldn’t have done the collaboration with UAD in that case.

Strange TC has become so inactive.
Lives for gear

Do we need two threads , there was already one made HERE
GnS
Gear Maniac

TC and SSL abandon their DSP platforms and UAD is enrolling even more new models in these days. Whats wrong in the recording world?
Gear Addict

like Ipad kills lemur jazzmutant

UAD-2 kill others dsp plugins competitors,

and the FW satellite just prove UAD will not go native for many years

G-Spot : Tc never said poco plugins will become native, they said they will continue to release plugins (and TC know how easy native plugins are cracked),

the crossgrade program with UA suggest some (if not all) poco plugins will arrive on UAD soon and they will run on shark dsp (not only on the motorola chip you find on the poco),

IMO TC will release plugins for the UAD plateform now.

if it's right, it's great time for uad owners, UA show them how solid they are compare to the rest of the market.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Do we need two threads , there was already one made HERE
Sorry Cane Creek, unfortunately, they were started within a couple of minutes of each other....
Lives for gear

So, because I already have a UAD 2 Duo, I don't get any credit? That's a big "screw you". Thanks TC asshats.
Gear Maniac

All DSP plugin platforms are on the same boat!!

Lives for gear

Sorry unclear about this are they saying they'll port things like MD3 over to native or UA? or is it just a case of waiting until they're become obsolete?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpec1 View Post
So, because I already have a UAD 2 Duo, I don't get any credit? That's a big "screw you". Thanks TC asshats.
you have no credit because you don't need to buy another dsp pateform if you want to continue to buy TC plugins,

the crossgrade option is an incitative option for poco users, not for uad users, thay already have a uad dsp card

easy to understand
Gear Maniac

We should write to UA and beg them to program the powercore plugs into their system. My worry now is the day when I want to update software but TC don't accommodate the new system. How far away is that 1-2 years?

These licenses were expensive and I don't see how the cross grade option preserves that. I want to be able to keep using VSS3 and MD3 and to the best of my knowledge there's nothing on the UA cards that equals those two plugs.

If Powercore did go native would powercore users receive their purchased plugs in native form?

At this point all they've suggested is to go buy something new and get a discount based on how much you spend. I want to preserve these plugs dammit
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpec1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by choukette View Post
you have no credit because you don't need to buy another dsp pateform if you want to continue to buy TC plugins,

the crossgrade option is an incitative option for poco users, not for uad users, thay already have a uad dsp card

easy to understand
I agree with DSpec1 on this. What does it matter he already has UAD cards? Does that mean he was any less on the platform that just got dumped? This exclusion is most likely from UA's side. Sometimes they prejudice existing users in their offers (Infuriating).

Honestly, I think TC should offer a crossgrade program to their System 6000. THAT is what their best plug-ins were based on IMO.

If TC is becoming a "partner" with UA, it will be interesting to see what unfolds. I'm sure the System 6000 stuff will never go native though.
Gear Addict

I really don't know what's the most offensive that I can write in this forum about TC without being banned. My english is not good enough to express what I feel after have paid for a POCO 6000, and after one year of lies day after day in their support forum, they offer me a crossgrade to a UA plugins when I'll buy again another paperweight.

TC = Liers + Scammers
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSkoolTone View Post
I agree with DSpec1 on this. What does it matter he already has UAD cards? Does that mean he was any less on the platform that just got dumped? This exclusion is most likely from UA's side. Sometimes they prejudice existing users in their offers (Infuriating).

Honestly, I think TC should offer a crossgrade program to their System 6000. THAT is what their best plug-ins were based on IMO.

If TC is becoming a "partner" with UA, it will be interesting to see what unfolds. I'm sure the System 6000 stuff will never go native though.
I said this because I'm pretty sure (pure expectation but why the crossgrade option if it's not the case) TC will port their algo on UAD,

so for those who already have poco and UAD, they still own their poco licences, and then TC will port poco plugins on UAD thay will receive free licences for them

for those who don't have UAD card TC offer a crossgrade incitative option to buy an UAD card able to run the futur UAD poco plugins,

for those who just have UAD plugins and card they will have access to poco plugins,

notice the UAD plugins pack that TC offer in this crossgrade are for most of them old UAD plugins and most of UAD users already own them, no very incitative for UAD user anyway.

about the system 6000, TC make the good choice, especially when you see the price of a 6000 system compare to an UAD quad price, their are more people ready to invest 1500 usd than 7500 or 10000 usd nowadays

but it's a scam you're right, TC doesn't offer me free version of their futur uad poco plugins just because I never invest one usd in their products, they just suck heh
Lives for gear

Thumbs down

TC Powercore's offer is poor. How many people will have Powercore and NOT UAD? I am sure alot of users have UAD, because like myself, they bought Powercore first, felt disappointed and then jumped onto UAD!!

Their last offer, is the last disappointment on top of many disappointments with Powercore

Sorry, I am still hating, because of the pricing difference between U.S and Europe. I am not saying their plugs were bad, but they just didn't do things the right way and this is now the end.

This is going to end up like Sega who stopped making their own machines and switched to making games for other consoles. I agree that this looks like a set up for TC Electronic to port their plugs over to UAD and become another partner.
Lives for gear

So now its down to uad and soniccore.
📝 Reply