Steven Slate Drums 4.0
Old 13th January 2011
  #31
Gear Guru
 
chrisso's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRose View Post
Why not create an expansion pack for those and be done with it?
First and foremost, two separate parties have to agree on the project.
Secondly, why assume any given developer thinks they can't do something better? Set the bar even higher.
Old 14th January 2011
  #32
Gear maniac
 
MRose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
First and foremost, two separate parties have to agree on the project.
Secondly, why assume any given developer thinks they can't do something better? Set the bar even higher.
Well then I'm all ears :-)
I use what works best and makes sense workflow-wise and $$-wise, like most I'd assume .
Basically, for me the new SSD has to sound better, be more flexible, offer more variety AND be cheaper (or in the ballpark if its really that much better).
I'm not trying to sound greedy or anything, but the reality of changing software is a monetary+workflow one. I see too many people getting everything that comes out, thinking they're "safe", looking for the next magic bullet, and I heavily suspect that lots of developpers on these boards pray on them.
In the meantime, most pros are still using PT7, waves L1 etc...because it works, and it doesn't make sense to change a workflow that's efficient. Only waiting for the next true game changer to upgrade.

We're completely saturated with tons of the same re-packaged stuff, the subtle differences that some plugs offer isn't a game changer by any strech of the imagination, turning the vintage-looking knob on the picture-perfect GUI makes you think so... I would love to know how many have bought 4-5 different EQ plugs and realized a year later that the stock plugin works just the same in most situations. I'm definitely over the hype factor Gearslutz has brought up over and over again...

Anyway, I disgress, it doesn't really matter...if it suits my needs I'll get it. We'll see when it comes out. I definitely don't want tobe part of one of those 20 pages speculation threads, so I'll stop here
Old 14th January 2011
  #33
Gear Head
 

Steven Slate Drums 4.0

New sampler--GREAT news! As an owner of the original product and a
big supporter of Steven, I'd feel like a thief not paying some kinda upgrade fee. The new electro pop samples sound pretty exciting for a guy who's asked more and more to write stuff in the vein of Dr Luke. Also looking forward to the new grooves!
Old 16th January 2011
  #34
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

We showed off one of my new Deluxe Kits in the new SSD4 interface at NAMM today, as well as some of the new Griffin Boice electro and hip hop kits. I'm glad to say that people were impressed.

There are many great drum instruments available, its true. But I think that I still have something to offer to further push the boundaries of digital drums.

SSD4 is the product of everything that I've learned about the art of making amazing sounding drums. I spent a lot of time to ensure that these new kits have been reproduced with extreme accuracy and detail. I'm so happy with the sounds, and I feel that they offer something different than every other drum library that is currently available. We'll have many audio demos coming very soon.

The SSD4 player will be packed with many unique features and be extremely easy and intuitive to use. I see it as yet another tool in your virtual toolbox that will help you make great music.

Best,
Old 16th January 2011
  #35
Lives for gear
 
dudleys100's Avatar
I can vouch that Griffin does AMAZING work. I have worked on projects with him before and he has one of the best ears around and a work ethic that does not stop. I have full confidence that the new hip hop samples will raise the bar.

For those of you that are not aware of his work you can hear him on the new Black Eyed Peas album, the soon to be released Hollywood Undead, and the Saturdays song "Puppet".

Can't wait!
Old 16th January 2011
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
We showed off one of my new Deluxe Kits in the new SSD4 interface at NAMM today, as well as some of the new Griffin Boice electro and hip hop kits. I'm glad to say that people were impressed.

There are many great drum instruments available, its true. But I think that I still have something to offer to further push the boundaries of digital drums.

SSD4 is the product of everything that I've learned about the art of making amazing sounding drums. I spent a lot of time to ensure that these new kits have been reproduced with extreme accuracy and detail. I'm so happy with the sounds, and I feel that they offer something different than every other drum library that is currently available. We'll have many audio demos coming very soon.

The SSD4 player will be packed with many unique features and be extremely easy and intuitive to use. I see it as yet another tool in your virtual toolbox that will help you make great music.

Best,

Does the new stuff have a full range of round robins and velocity layers?
Old 16th January 2011
  #37
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Slate Digital drum sampler???.....Not iLok only PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
+ 1
Old 16th January 2011
  #38
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
I am soooo looking forward to this !

I have been sitting on the fence
wondering if I should upgrade my BFD to the latest,
but while I got the SD2 and very happy 'bout it,
I haven't made the step yet,
and now with the SSD 4.0 I might not do it at all...

So ...I hope for a good upgrade price from SSD 3.5.
Got it and using it a lot !


G
Old 16th January 2011
  #39
Den
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
I am soooo looking forward to this !
So ...I hope for a good upgrade price from SSD 3.5.
Got it and using it a lot !
G
+1
Old 16th January 2011
  #40
Lives for gear
 

Are you going to release a demo or trial version?
Old 17th January 2011
  #41
Gear maniac
 
MRose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
We showed off one of my new Deluxe Kits in the new SSD4 interface at NAMM today, as well as some of the new Griffin Boice electro and hip hop kits. I'm glad to say that people were impressed.

There are many great drum instruments available, its true. But I think that I still have something to offer to further push the boundaries of digital drums.

SSD4 is the product of everything that I've learned about the art of making amazing sounding drums. I spent a lot of time to ensure that these new kits have been reproduced with extreme accuracy and detail. I'm so happy with the sounds, and I feel that they offer something different than every other drum library that is currently available. We'll have many audio demos coming very soon.

The SSD4 player will be packed with many unique features and be extremely easy and intuitive to use. I see it as yet another tool in your virtual toolbox that will help you make great music.

Best,
well, you sure got me curious now :-). looking forward to checking SSD4 out!
Old 17th January 2011
  #42
Gear maniac
 

gotta give a thumbs down to anything Steven Slate. Was promised an upgrade to 2.0 after I bought the original release, and never recieved it, sent a bunch of emails, never heard back. dfegadTerrible support.
Old 17th January 2011
  #43
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

I wasn't aware of this briefcase. My email is Slate@stevenslate.com

Email me now and I'll take care of you. I aim to give our customers the best support possible. But sometimes issues slip through the cracks. But I'm here to ensure that we come through in the end.
Old 18th January 2011
  #44
Lives for gear
 
bryan k's Avatar
Yo Steve-O!

How did NAMM go?
Old 18th January 2011
  #45
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

NAMM was amazing. On Thursday, the first day, I came down with an awful cold. I could barely speak during the clinics. Nevertheless, we had a great time, met some awesome people, got a ton of great music and CDs which we always appreciate, and got to show off the new FOX's and the SSD4 sneak preview. We got some video and a lot of photos.. will post asap.
Old 18th January 2011
  #46
Lives for gear
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
NAMM was amazing. On Thursday, the first day, I came down with an awful cold. I could barely speak during the clinics. Nevertheless, we had a great time, met some awesome people, got a ton of great music and CDs which we always appreciate, and got to show off the new FOX's and the SSD4 sneak preview. We got some video and a lot of photos.. will post asap.
Yeah, I got probably that same cold going around a couple weeks back. Nasty shit cuz I usually don't ever get sick.
Old 18th January 2011
  #47
Lives for gear
 
bryan k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
NAMM was amazing. On Thursday, the first day, I came down with an awful cold. I could barely speak during the clinics. Nevertheless, we had a great time, met some awesome people, got a ton of great music and CDs which we always appreciate, and got to show off the new FOX's and the SSD4 sneak preview. We got some video and a lot of photos.. will post asap.
Oh Snap! You always seem to get a cold during conventions and such....take multi-vitamins!

I hope Lynch didnt keep you up all night drinking.........
Old 18th January 2011
  #48
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
NAMM was amazing. On Thursday, the first day, I came down with an awful cold. I could barely speak during the clinics. Nevertheless, we had a great time, met some awesome people, got a ton of great music and CDs which we always appreciate, and got to show off the new FOX's and the SSD4 sneak preview. We got some video and a lot of photos.. will post asap.
You forgot to talk about TIGER !

A new compressor it seems .
Old 18th January 2011
  #49
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

Its true! The last time I had a cold was AES! Very odd.

Lynch was in full shredder mode and did some amazing soloing against my shitty rhythm playing of the Animal's "House of The Rising Sun".. we were all plugged directly into FOX's and Glen Sobel was playing the new SSD Deluxe kit. It was fun.

But now I gotta kick this cold.. hopefully I'll be able to leave the office soon and catch up on some rest!

Tiger is a prototype of an insane design that I have for two buss applications.. not just compressing but general sweetening also. Its a long ways away from being something to talk about.. but it'll get there soon enough.
Old 18th January 2011
  #50
Gear interested
 
astronaut74's Avatar
 

Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press
Its true! The last time I had a cold was AES! Very odd.

Lynch was in full shredder mode and did some amazing soloing against my shitty rhythm playing of the Animal's "House of The Rising Sun".. we were all plugged directly into FOX's and Glen Sobel was playing the new SSD Deluxe kit. It was fun.

But now I gotta kick this cold.. hopefully I'll be able to leave the office soon and catch up on some rest!

Tiger is a prototype of an insane design that I have for two buss applications.. not just compressing but general sweetening also. Its a long ways away from being something to talk about.. but it'll get there soon enough.

can you pls say something about a trigger-update?
Old 18th January 2011
  #51
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital
 
Steven Slate's Avatar
 

We have a TRIGGER update coming out soon.. it adds a really kickass feature.. more news soon.
Old 18th January 2011
  #52
Gear interested
 
astronaut74's Avatar
 

Steven Slate Drums 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press
We have a TRIGGER update coming out soon.. it adds a really kickass feature.. more news soon.
awesooooome!!!!!
Old 19th January 2011
  #53
Hopefully midi.......
Old 19th January 2011
  #54
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
We have a TRIGGER update coming out soon.. it adds a really kickass feature.. more news soon.
Maybe some IRs and VST3
Old 24th January 2011
  #55
Gear maniac
 
DCMIX's Avatar
 

Well, i am about to start mixing an album i did with SSD 3.5. Hopefully 4.0 wont be terribly radical and have any show stoppers!

I have another album we are in mid tracking with 3.5 and it works good.

I find the Ride cymbal with the TD12 is not as responsive as i'd like (end up printing the Roland Ride during tracking) and the Hats are good, but not great. Hopefully those are spot on in 4.0

I like Kontakt OK, not in love with it. If 4.0 is its own interface i hope that its EASY on CPU/Memory resources.

Any idea on the ETA on 4.0.

Dennis
Old 25th January 2011
  #56
Gear maniac
 

sorry if this has been answered, but when can we expect the update?
Old 25th January 2011
  #57
ska
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusWendel View Post
sorry if this has been answered, but when can we expect the update?
Same question here...gonna do a mix session soon, I wonder if it's worth to wait.....
Old 25th January 2011
  #58
Lives for gear
 
The MPCist's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Same question here...gonna do a mix session soon, I wonder if it's worth to wait.....
+1 on the update release date?
Old 25th January 2011
  #59
Gear Head
 

I hope that Slate will say "It will be ready when it's ready" or smth like that....

Last edited by lazy; 25th January 2011 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: my English is bad, sorry (:
Old 25th January 2011
  #60
ska
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
I hope that Slate will say "It will be ready when it will be ready" or smth like that....
???
Post Reply

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
freeBase / So much gear, so little time!
0
jval / So much gear, so little time!
80

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search