The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 1st March 2018
  #2941
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I've been thinking about this lately: Are there any Nebula EQ libraries with mid/side capability? I'd love to process the m/s on the master bus with a high quality Nebula EQ.
I don't know which DAW you're on, but in Logic X if you instanciate any plugin as dual mono on a stereo source, there is an option to use them as L/R linked or unlinked and in M/S mode.
Maybe you have something similar in your workflow.
Old 1st March 2018
  #2942
Lives for gear
 

I use Voxengo's free MSED plugin.
Old 1st March 2018
  #2943
Gear Head
 

Quote:
How did you find the downloads of the plugins purchased before the new website ?
On the page with my orders I find: 'Site Orders' and 'Trial Orders'.
The last order in 'Site Orders' names it-seems-to-be-all acustica-products.
That link leads to a page which also lists N4, as all the other products (?),
from before the new web-page has happened.

- push the N4 download-product button ...
- choose folder for the right OS
- find folder: 'N4 Universal Acqua Engines'
- open folder and
- download 'N4 Universal Acqua Engine 1.4.210.0.zip'
Old 1st March 2018
  #2944
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I use Voxengo's free MSED plugin.
@RJHollins, how exactly do you do this? My understanding is that I do:

MSED set to encode
N4 instance with right input and output muted (this is the mono signal)
N4 instance with the left input and output muted (this makes it side signal)
MSED set to decode

I can't figure out how to mute the L or R channels for N4 instances. Any help? Is my method correct?

P.S. Do you use this method often in your mastering work?
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2945
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
@RJHollins, how exactly do you do this? My understanding is that I do:

MSED set to encode
N4 instance with right input and output muted (this is the mono signal)
N4 instance with the left input and output muted (this makes it side signal)
MSED set to decode

I can't figure out how to mute the L or R channels for N4 instances. Any help? Is my method correct?

P.S. Do you use this method often in your mastering work?
I use it a couple different ways.

INLINE mode is useful to change the M/S balance.

For processing, I sometimes send to 2 AUX trks. On those trks I'll have MSED inserted. On the MID trk, I mute the SIDE [MSED]. For the SIDE trk, I mute the MID [MSED].

Other options are CHAINERs. [like Plogue BIDULE]. I use this for special routing configurations, like M/S and Parallel processing.

In use: Not every project, but there have been plenty of 'LIVE' recordings sent me for Mastering, in which M/S was a critical strategy.

AQUAS now have several M/S capable both in EQ and Compression that offer a direct way to this. I also employ AirEQ at times for its' M/S routing. It is also an EQ of choice for Compressor SIDECHAINing that don't have built-in Filters.
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2946
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I use it a couple different ways.

INLINE mode is useful to change the M/S balance.

For processing, I sometimes send to 2 AUX trks. On those trks I'll have MSED inserted. On the MID trk, I mute the SIDE [MSED]. For the SIDE trk, I mute the MID [MSED].

Other options are CHAINERs. [like Plogue BIDULE]. I use this for special routing configurations, like M/S and Parallel processing.

In use: Not every project, but there have been plenty of 'LIVE' recordings sent me for Mastering, in which M/S was a critical strategy.

AQUAS now have several M/S capable both in EQ and Compression that offer a direct way to this. I also employ AirEQ at times for its' M/S routing. It is also an EQ of choice for Compressor SIDECHAINing that don't have built-in Filters.
Thanks very much! The aux sends seem obvious in hindsight. Thanks for the tips.
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2947
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
@RJHollins, how exactly do you do this? My understanding is that I do:

MSED set to encode
N4 instance with right input and output muted (this is the mono signal)
N4 instance with the left input and output muted (this makes it side signal)
MSED set to decode

I can't figure out how to mute the L or R channels for N4 instances. Any help? Is my method correct?

P.S. Do you use this method often in your mastering work?
It depends on the DAW you are using.

Logic Pro X has already m/s mode when using plugins in multi-mono.

In Pro Tools you can use a multi-mono instance of N4. Add MSED encoder before and MSED decoder after the N4. --> Unlink the LR button at the upper right corner.

In Reaper also you can make something similar by loading two N4 instances between encoder and decoder and change the "pins" for each N4 instance.
Pin 1 in-out for the first (that will be the "mid") and pin 2 for the second (that will be the "sides")

I don't know how is the things in other DAWS but in general you can use BluCat's Patchwork and create a similar chain.

cheers
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2948
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
In Reaper also you can make something similar by loading two N4 instances between encoder and decoder and change the "pins" for each N4 instance.
Pin 1 in-out for the first (that will be the "mid") and pin 2 for the second (that will be the "sides")
Yep ... another handy Reaper feature.
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2949
Gear Nut
 
PhelixK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
To all N4 owners.... AA released an update today. Check your AA account for N4 Universal Acqua Engine 1.4.210.0!!
Latest N4 engine 1.4.210/1.4.212 no longer load Acqua plug-ins.
Perhaps part of the features for upcoming N4-'Player', and farewell to merging skins crews!?
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2950
Lives for gear
 
Avgatzeblouz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabie View Post
On the page with my orders I find: 'Site Orders' and 'Trial Orders'.
The last order in 'Site Orders' names it-seems-to-be-all acustica-products.
That link leads to a page which also lists N4, as all the other products (?),
from before the new web-page has happened.

- push the N4 download-product button ...
- choose folder for the right OS
- find folder: 'N4 Universal Acqua Engines'
- open folder and
- download 'N4 Universal Acqua Engine 1.4.210.0.zip'
Yes, thanks !
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2951
Gear Nut
 
PhelixK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Latest N4 engine 1.4.210/1.4.212 no longer load Acqua plug-ins.
Perhaps part of the features for upcoming N4-'Player', and farewell to merging skins crews!?
Apparently this engine version wasn't supposed to be released at all and taken down again.

I rolled back to v1.4.190 which is the most stable release in my system, but it lacks some features of core x.
1.4.200 is the latest official release.
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2952
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
If you've not tried it yet, pop this on your mixbus:

MFC BUS Modern > Silk EQ Mid (band depends on program material).

Great combo. You may have to compensate previous EQ moves of course.

+1 for N4 Silk; all bands on one interface.
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2953
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
If you've not tried it yet, pop this on your mixbus:

MFC BUS Modern > Silk EQ Mid (band depends on program material).

Great combo. You may have to compensate previous EQ moves of course.

+1 for N4 Silk; all bands on one interface.
Funny, I just bought Silk EQ last night, but I bought it mostly for the low and high shelves. I typically don't touch the EQ range on a mixbus that the Silk EQ mid band gives (most of my mid band work is a bit lower, around 200 - 350 Hz). How are you using the mid band?
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post

New things and there are updates coming too! Plus another new thing after these two!
Lookin good, Tim. Any idea of ETA on the transient shaper? Asking for a kick drum...
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2955
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Funny, I just bought Silk EQ last night, but I bought it mostly for the low and high shelves. I typically don't touch the EQ range on a mixbus that the Silk EQ mid band gives (most of my mid band work is a bit lower, around 200 - 350 Hz). How are you using the mid band?
Same here, although I usually used only the high shelf.

MFC Modern boosts around 2dB <200Hz and >5Khz (smiley); it's the specific combination with Silk's (high) mids that work well. A 2dB boost at 3.5K worked wonders on the electronic track I'm working on.
Old 2nd March 2018
  #2956
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Lookin good, Tim. Any idea of ETA on the transient shaper? Asking for a kick drum...
+1 I've noticed that my bass is getting flabby these days...
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2957
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Hey Andy, it's Jake 'Vulcan-Ears' here
Haha! Hey Man! How are those ears dude! "Live long and Prosper"
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2958
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by martman22 View Post
Hi,
I don't know if this will be useful to anyone, but I spent a little time a put together a viewable EQ database of Henry Olonga's "All You Can Eat" using Plugin Doctor from DDMF.
Dude, this is awesome! Thank you!
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2959
Gear Addict
 

Aye, they're good man! Have had a virus for a couple of months now that has given me some strange form of tinnitus... But that doesn't seem to affect the training I've put them through

Eagerly awaiting TimP's Transient Shaper
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Aye, they're good man! Have had a virus for a couple of months now that has given me some strange form of tinnitus... But that doesn't seem to affect the training I've put them through

Eagerly awaiting TimP's Transient Shaper
So Do I
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2961
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Aye, they're good man! Have had a virus for a couple of months now that has given me some strange form of tinnitus... But that doesn't seem to affect the training I've put them through

Eagerly awaiting TimP's Transient Shaper
Man you and me both!!! I've got an album to finish in the next week or so and loads of the beats have the NI transient designer on it, i can't wait to switch them up to Tim P's one.

I hope your ears get better soon man!
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2962
Gear Addict
 

Check out the XLN DS-10 Drum Shaper. Great tool for the box with some totally unique functions. Will work some great synergy with Tim's after it for the analog flavour upfront
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2963
Gear Maniac
Here is the N4 box.com folder from the AA website for those that are having trouble finding it: https://app.box.com/s/psu3wha3oyuvuz...er=0&view=list
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Here is the N4 box.com folder from the AA website for those that are having trouble finding it: https://app.box.com/s/psu3wha3oyuvuz...er=0&view=list
I think I'll wait a bit to update N4.

I think I saw a user quoting Giancarlo saying that it was not suposed to be released yet

can someone confirm ?
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I think I'll wait a bit to update N4.

I think I saw a user quoting Giancarlo saying that it was not suposed to be released yet

can someone confirm ?
This is, indeed, what I saw, and I’m waiting too. I suspect that later this month, there’ll be no question as to whether or not to update because AA seems to be being vocal about the pending March update.

Unrelated: any happy users of TimP’s Complex? I dig the hardware and wondering if this is a bit of a sleeper at 13 euros...
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2966
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
This is, indeed, what I saw, and I’m waiting too. I suspect that later this month, there’ll be no question as to whether or not to update because AA seems to be being vocal about the pending March update.
That accidental public release was just an engine update, but was pulled down. I can say that the latest N4 is working great, setups is fantastic and combined with presets makes N4 easy compared to N3. I've all but stopped using N3 and have been slowly turning all my N3 setups into N4 setups, all 135 of them, lol.
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
That accidental public release was just an engine update, but was pulled down. I can say that the latest N4 is working great, setups is fantastic and combined with presets makes N4 easy compared to N3. I've all but stopped using N3 and have been slowly turning all my N3 setups into N4 setups, all 135 of them, lol.
Good to know, Will. Hear you on that, last one I made was 176. Does the new setups allow master page variations, e.g. dspbuffer?
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2968
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Good to know, Will. Hear you on that, last one I made was 176. Does the new setups allow master page variations, e.g. dspbuffer?
There is a special 'TWEAK' section for each SETUP, that we are still testing. Though I've only used limited examples so far, it seems to allow full access to the XML file.
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2969
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I think I'll wait a bit to update N4.

I think I saw a user quoting Giancarlo saying that it was not suposed to be released yet

can someone confirm ?
Giancarlo had mentioned in a facebook comment that N4 will be updated on 26th of March or May, I can't remember and i can't find the comment. Maybe someone else can remember.
UPDATE: just confirmed on Facebook, 26th of March
Old 3rd March 2018
  #2970
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Can't wait for N4 setups.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
quincyg / Music Computers
754
Dom & Roland / The Moan Zone
10
marshallplexi / Music Computers
6
fingerbeats / Music Computers
10
Patric Noonan / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump