The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 24th February 2018
Here for the gear

Hi,

I don't know if this will be useful to anyone, but I spent a little time a put together a viewable EQ database of Henry Olonga's "All You Can Eat" using Plugin Doctor from DDMF. It's a great little program if you haven't already tried it out. All the images captured are at 44Khz and using -18db input as a reference. All you will need is any photo or image browser to view the files which are categorized in their related directories. A good portable free one is here.

Download the zip file from here.
DDMF gave the ok to share these graphs from their program with you.

-M
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-screenshot.50.jpg  
Old 24th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by martman22 View Post
Hi,

I don't know if this will be useful to anyone, but I spent a little time a put together a viewable EQ database of Henry Olonga's "All You Can Eat" using Plugin Doctor from DDMF. It's a great little program if you haven't already tried it out. All the images captured are at 44Khz and using -18db input as a reference. All you will need is any photo or image browser to view the files which are categorized in their related directories. A good portable free one is here.

-M
Thanks for sharing your work.
Old 24th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by martman22 View Post
Hi,

-M
That must have taken some time indeed - thanks so much for sharing.

Fantastic way to browse the HO collection.
Old 25th February 2018
TimP... when are you going to release the transient designer? Me want soo bad.
Old 25th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I know right?!? That demo hurt my brain!
Old 25th February 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
+1 Me too!

JPN Skins was saying "next week i think" yesterday on Facebook.

Do you think the blue skin means it's the Elysia Nvelope 500?
Old 26th February 2018
Just spitballin’ here...

I think most all of us want to see TimP, TimC, AlexB, and CDSM ported over to N4. I’m not in the know regarding what it will cost to do this both time-wise and money-wise, however, I was thinking what if we did some sort of crowdfunding for these developer’s startup expenses, or maybe just outwardly support their prices raising to afford the royalties they’ll pay to AA? Obviously I’m not being specific, just throwing this out.

Another thought is that we try to help the transition for older libraries and then maybe get a discount on newer libraries? My considerations here are that it may not make financial sense or be practical for them to resample older libraries, or in general join the royalty-oriented AA ecosystem. I think if we can help get them over the hump and on the radar of the future of Nebula, perhaps we’ll all be better of for it.

Please know this is just conjecture - I don’t expect anyone to follow any of this and I can’t start anything myself at the moment. Just want to get a discussion going given that this is a forum.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 26th February 2018
Lives for gear

Not sure how that would happen. All that should've been in place when N4 was released & it's been already over a year now without any insight.

It might be in the plans or take more time. Alex B cut ties & removed his Acqua products a few years ago. Don't know the situation between them now.

Micheal Angel hasn't updated any of this libraries in years ( that I recall anyway, nor any of his plugins- outdated, unstable or run on my current system.) He's currently involved with another company anyway.

So that leaves TimP & Cupwise. I don't know if making Nebula programs are their business or they do it more as a hobby. That leaves me questioning things going forward & doubt funding would be a viable solution.

That's part of a problem I see relying on 3rd party programs in general.Too many intangibles especially now that Acqua's are becoming their bread & butter.
Old 26th February 2018
Hey Mark,

Not sure what you're suggesting here.

Are you saying our 3rd party librairies wont work with our updated N4 ?
Old 26th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Hey Mark,

Not sure what you're suggesting here.

Are you saying our 3rd party librairies wont work with our updated N4 ?
No. We should know that there is a big difference between Nebula 3 libraries with Nebula 4 skins and actual Nebula 4 libraries.

Nebula 4, as far as I know, will always open Nebula 3 libraries. But they are very different from Acquas, as they open just one band of the EQ, the comps has different presets for ratios, knees, etc. N4 libraries is something like Violet and Rose. Acquas that opens inside Nebula.

Would be awesome if a library like Surge, for example, could open and act like an Acqua, with all bands, all options, all in one instance. Like Green, but with the sound of Surge. Would be even more awesome if 3rd parties like TimP and Cupwise could update their libraries to take advantage of new Cores too. I mean, they already produce some of the best sounding plugs with an obsolete technology, imagine what they would do with something more up to date.

We currently have no information that they will produce something like that. And it's a very delicate matter, because it changes completely the business model to them and to Acustica. They would pay a fee for AA, and the library would be distributed by Aquarius, and probably more expensive.

In my mind, the best scenario would be both libraries coexisting. Cheaper Nebula 3 libraries, for those who don't mind the workflow and new Nebula 4 libraries, more expensive, but that are more "normal plugins" and with updated Core.

On Giancarlo Instagram we saw a Nebula Player. I think that would be a free version that only opens the new Nebula 4 format.
Old 26th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just spitballin’ here...

I think most all of us want to see TimP, TimC, AlexB, and CDSM ported over to N4. I’m not in the know regarding what it will cost to do this both time-wise and money-wise, however, I was thinking what if we did some sort of crowdfunding for these developer’s startup expenses, or maybe just outwardly support their prices raising to afford the royalties they’ll pay to AA? Obviously I’m not being specific, just throwing this out.

Another thought is that we try to help the transition for older libraries and then maybe get a discount on newer libraries? My considerations here are that it may not make financial sense or be practical for them to resample older libraries, or in general join the royalty-oriented AA ecosystem. I think if we can help get them over the hump and on the radar of the future of Nebula, perhaps we’ll all be better of for it.

Please know this is just conjecture - I don’t expect anyone to follow any of this and I can’t start anything myself at the moment. Just want to get a discussion going given that this is a forum.

Cheers,
Mark
Count me in
Old 1st March 2018
Gear Maniac

New things and there are updates coming too! Plus another new thing after these two!
Old 1st March 2018
Gear Maniac
Looks great! It's a shame that the ATE has doubled in price though.
Old 1st March 2018
Gear Addict

Hey Andy, it's Jake 'Vulcan-Ears' here
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

To all N4 owners.... AA released an update today. Check your AA account for N4 Universal Acqua Engine 1.4.210.0!!
Old 1st March 2018
Gear Addict

Any info on the update/new features?
Old 1st March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
To all N4 owners.... AA released an update today. Check your AA account for N4 Universal Acqua Engine 1.4.210.0!!
Changelog?
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Will L-Bus work within N3 - or is N4 required?
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffo View Post
Will L-Bus work within N3 - or is N4 required?
It works in both.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Changelog?
AA did not release one that I know of, don't ask me why not. I only found out about the update from a beta thread mentioning the N4 update, but saying it was in our customer box accounts, which means it was released to the public. As far as I know this was the first N4 update in a long while.

Setups was in the last beta N4 release, so check this update for setups.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
AA did not release one that I know of, don't ask me why not. I only found out about the update from a beta thread mentioning the N4 update, but saying it was in our customer box accounts, which means it was released to the public. As far as I know this was the first N4 update in a long while.

Setups was in the last beta N4 release, so check this update for setups.
How do we access the download ? Aquarius ?
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz View Post
How do we access the download ? Aquarius ?
N4 is not in Aquarius yet, use you AA account. Click on orders, then click your N4 which opens a N4 box.com, then download the Feb 28 release of N4 Universal Acqua Engine 1.4.210.0.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks. I only see the orders I put in since the new website launch. Time for a ticket, I think...
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

I've been thinking about this lately: Are there any Nebula EQ libraries with mid/side capability? I'd love to process the m/s on the master bus with a high quality Nebula EQ.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks. I only see the orders I put in since the new website launch. Time for a ticket, I think...
Maybe not, I just assumed it was a public release as it was in our public accounts.
Old 1st March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Same here, I'm doing a clean reinstall of all my programs and plugins, so I went to the website to see if N4 had been updated.
I'm not seeing any N4 downloads except for the xmls and pdfs. Might be because only the "documents" folder is showing, and there doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to the installers.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I found everything, maybe I'm kind of an unintuitive person, but now I understand all the criticism of the new website.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I've been thinking about this lately: Are there any Nebula EQ libraries with mid/side capability? I'd love to process the m/s on the master bus with a high quality Nebula EQ.
There are plugins that decode/encode MS which you can place before/after any stereo plugin for exactly that.

I think (not used it myself) this should do as you wish: Mid-Side Encoder-Decoder Plugin [VST, AU, AAX] - MSED | Voxengo
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baila Tosco View Post
Same here, I'm doing a clean reinstall of all my programs and plugins, so I went to the website to see if N4 had been updated.
I'm not seeing any N4 downloads except for the xmls and pdfs. Might be because only the "documents" folder is showing, and there doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to the installers.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I found everything, maybe I'm kind of an unintuitive person, but now I understand all the criticism of the new website.
How did you find the downloads of the plugins purchased before the new website ?
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
There are plugins that decode/encode MS which you can place before/after any stereo plugin for exactly that.

I think (not used it myself) this should do as you wish: Mid-Side Encoder-Decoder Plugin [VST, AU, AAX] - MSED | Voxengo
Thanks. I did a search and found the same. That decoder should indeed work.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search